What are some realistic expectations for next football season?

txt-lets_get_real

While enthusiasm surrounding the football program is at an all-time high, it’s important to keep in mind that it’s still going to take time for that enthusiasm to carry over to on-field results. Each major recruit that Stoops and company brings in creates more positive momentum, but we are still at least a year from seeing most of these guys in action. Stoops did his best with the 2013 class, pulling off major last minute coups like Jason Hatcher and Ryan Timmons, but it will take time for the team as a whole to resemble an SEC caliber squad. Playmakers at the skill positions will be key, especially considering the lack of depth at wide receiver.

The past few months have been thrilling for Kentucky football fans, who have been thirsty for a competitive squad for years, but immediate success in the SEC might as well be a mirage in the desert. A simple look at next year’s schedule will tell you why:

08/31/13        vs. Western Kentucky TV (Nashville, Tenn)
09/07/13        vs. Miami (Oh)
09/14/13        vs. Louisville
09/28/13        vs. Florida
10/05/13        at South Carolina
10/12/13        vs. Alabama
10/26/13        at Mississippi State
11/02/13        vs. Alabama State
11/09/13        vs. Missouri
11/16/13        at Vanderbilt
11/23/13        at Georgia
11/30/13        vs. Tennessee

Based on this schedule, what are your realistic expectations for next season’s record (excluding a bowl game)? Vote in the poll below and leave your reasons in the comments section.

surveys

For what it’s worth, I see Kentucky beating Western, Miami, Alabama State, and Tennessee to finish at 4-8, with a possible upset at Mississippi State or Vandy.

90 Comments for What are some realistic expectations for next football season?

1. jcatron
    4:03 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

1st.

I agree with what you predict MTT

2. RICK
    4:04 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I agree 4 and 8 but closer in the losses.

3. jpgott2
    4:05 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

4-8 is also my realistic prediction. Going 5-7 would be great, and 6-6 would be INSANE.

4. jpgott2
    4:07 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

The other thing is that even with my 4-8 prediction, I believe the one definitive difference this year is that UK will not be getting BLOWN-OUT by 40 a game.

5. Aja
    4:09 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Perhaps not all the familiar returning names will be eligible to play. That will hurt. Think academic casualties.

6. williamtitan
    4:11 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

4.) i sure hope not. if that happened there would be something definitely wrong with the air raid offense.

7. R U Nuttz
    4:11 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

It kills me how often I see predictions of a defeat of Vandy. I realize you did not call for it, but even calling that a possible upset is absurd. Vandy is already where we are trying to be in 2-3 or 4 years. This is not the Vandy of old. 40-0 loss to them last year, even subbing in a new staff won’t overcome that in one season’s time.

8. DCWildcat
    4:13 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I say 5-7 just missing a bowl game. With Wins over WKU, Miami, Alabama St, Vandy, UT.. But, now looking at the scheduel. I can see them wining 6 games, by either upseting Miss St, or Mizzou.

9. williamtitan
    4:15 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

this team has the potential of upseting anyone this schedule in my humble opinion….

10. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    4:15 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Voted for 5-7. Likely wins against WKU, Miami (OH), and Alabama State. I think we’ll win 2 of 5 against Louisville, Mississippi State, Missouri, Vandy, or Tennessee.

11. can't wait to read this thread
    4:17 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

The predictions are going to be epic.

12. TravisC
    4:18 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I voted for 5-7. WKU, Miami, Alabama St, Mizzou, and Tennessee.

13. Bobbyperrysucks
    4:18 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Looking like a 2-10 season!!

14. Noah
    4:21 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

7-5 shouldn’t be out of the picture again that’s maxing out but 6-6 is my expectations. Injuries was the problem last year. With healthy guys we can beat the cupcakes (WKU, Bama St., Miami) SHOULD beat Mizzou and UT and Vandy (I say this because they lose stud RB and QB) and upset L’Ville possibly. It will be close game because that’s who UofL is and if we can have composure at home it’s do-able

15. barn
    4:22 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

2-10 is realistic. let’s face it, we’re rebuilding pretty much from the ground up. we’re playing in the south but not in the sunbelt conf.

16. Old Henry Man
    4:22 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I just want the team to play harder with more passion and to be better prepared.
    I say 3-9 or at best 3-8 for 2013.
    2014 6=7 wins should occur

17. shelbyjoe
    4:23 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

We ain’t beating the Vols – they still have twice the talent, size, and speed we do. We “should” match up well with WKU, Bama st, Miami of OH, and even Vandy – however, Vandy has been in their system under their coach and playing it well for a few years which gives them a leg up. Stay relatively healthy and a win against Mizzoo and MSU are not impossible. In all honesty, when it comes to talent, we should also match up well with the Cards, but they’re in the same boat as Vandy – playing in that system for a few years, so they have a leg up. If we win 6, Stoops is COY in the SEC. I think 4-8 or 5-7 would be a huge success so long as we compete, play hard, and show improvement – I’ll be happy.

18. Bald Guy
    4:24 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

5-7… go ahead and find the spot for the Stoops statue

19. kadizkat
    4:25 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I voted 4-8, I am hoping for better but would not be surprised if it’s worse. What will hurt the most, in my opinion, is if we are not more competitive than the past few years.

20. Gauntlet
    4:25 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Week 3-7 is an absolute painful stretch of games for the Cats.

21. drchadh
    4:26 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

4-8, 5-7 at best. What will make those records a “successful season” is being MUCH more competitive in the losing games for 805 of the game. Not praying for rainouts at halftime like last year.

22. BassMaster
    4:26 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I say we beat Louisville and Vandy and Miss Stateon top of who you said we beat

23. Cal
    4:26 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

You guys would never put unrealistic expectations on me, would you?

24. drchadh
    4:27 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

#21 …Supposed to be “80% of the game”, sorry

25. Chi-TownCat
    4:29 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

26. jpgott2
    4:29 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

23., Cal likes the pressure. His track record at UK speaks for itself!

27. Scott Baio
    4:31 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

5-7, I agree with all your wins listed TT but I added Missouri to my win list.

28. Boomer
    4:32 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

There’s WKU, Ala. state, and Miami U, then I think UK steals 2-3 out of: Vandy, miss state, Missouri, Tennessee and maybe Louisville. I see Louisville as more of a long shot tho

29. Musehobo
    4:34 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Glad to see realistic expectations from our fans. The way some people were talking, I thought many of you would think we would be competing for an SEC EAST championship. The 4-8 ballpark sounds about right.

30. inlinefor9
    4:37 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

A) If we ever wondered what % of the fanbase is irrational, look at the percentage that thinks we’ll go 6-6.

B) I know Johnny Short probably voted for 12-0 but who are the other 39 (at time of this post) people predicting 12-0?

Joker set us back 7 years. Toughest schedule in the nation, unknown who our QB will be, and new questions at the O Line. 4-8 should be viewed as a success this year. It’ll suck, but Stoops got left a crappy roster. Nothing like what was gifted to Joker when Papa Brooks left.

31. #stoopspoopsicecream
    4:41 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

47 people said we’d go 12-0 next year? Did John Short vote 47 times?

32. jpgott2
    4:46 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

30., Those 39 votes are small compared to the other majority, and some of them are probably UL fans.

33. Sean D
    4:49 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Every year, the Miss St game gets alluded to as a possible win, but I’m not sure Dan Mullen has ever lost to UK.

34. niceville_cat
    4:50 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Voted 5-7 hopefully 6-6 and I will be real happy

35. bloobloodcat
    4:51 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

They will not lose to Mizzou. Only chance for Tigers is if QB Franklin can stay healthy thorugh SEC play for a change. I live in COMO and would put that in the lone “sure SEC win” column. 5 or 6 wins is possible if offense can put up points IMO.

36. Jeffrey
    4:52 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I” be bold here and say 7-5 because I see some games where we will win and other we will be competitive in and win in some of those.

Wins:
    WKU
    Miami (OH)
    MSST
    ASU
    Mizzou
    UGA (we always are in a fight with them, no matter how bad we are, look at last season)
    UT

37. BBKing
    4:53 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I say 6 – 6, because we should be beat WKU, Miami, Alabama St., Missouri, Vandy, & Tennessee. So why doesn’t everyone have Missouri on the could be upset? I’d say we’d beat them before Miss. St. and Vandy lost just about everyone from last years team.

38. cdc_uky
    4:55 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Anything over 3 wins is an excellent year. I think 3 is realistic. UofL and Vandy are both longshots…not sure why some people think we match up to them.

39. Dualz
    4:55 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

31. I went to high school with John Short and he is like Jimmy The Greek.

40. Dualz
    4:56 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

But I am going with 4-8. Sorry John

41. UKBlue1!
    4:59 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Al St. Miami OH should be wins. WKU, Mizz, Vandy and UT could be wins. I will say 4-8.

42. Dualz
    5:01 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I think the Air Brown could be unpredictable at times. Could sneak one out that is not expected. Looking at the glass half full.

43. Assumptions
    5:03 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I see a lot of people assuming a win over Vandy. Yes, they lose Rodgers and Stacy, but they return 8 on defense, arguably a top 3 wide receiver in the country in Matthews along with another good recruiting class and their talented underclassmen a year older. Just saying, they will be a much tougher out than Missouri, Tenn, and Mississippi State – and assuming their qb is decent – they could even improve on last years success

44. TrueBlueUkFAN22
    5:04 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I think UK will go 7-5 this year thanks to Stoops’s dominance in Ohio recruiting just goes to show how much kids from Ohio want to play in the SEC rather than go to OSU. I’d say next year UK is contending for the SEC title and possibly a trip to New Orleans for the Sugar bowl if not the national championship.

45. free safety
    5:06 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I said 6 and 6. Not really believing they will be 6 and 6 (probably 4 and 8), but how exciting to just THINK they could get a bowl bid after the full blown destruction and melt down left over from the Joker era.

46. Cardsfan22
    5:07 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I look for UK to win 3 games. I don’t think I would call Stoops a dominant recruiter in Ohio by an means. It’s not like he is getting kids who already have offers from Urban Meyer. I think stoops troops will have a lot of deserters come October.

47. #44 - Troll
    5:09 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Funny guy.

48. Dualz
    5:15 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

#44 love the positive thinking. Must be from Washington or Colorado. Go Cats

49. Luigi4x4
    5:16 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I’ve got 6-6
    WKU, Miami, Louisville, Alabama St, Mizzou or Vandy, and Tennessee. I think we’ll get either Vandy or Mizzou, but not both.

50. Wildcatsteeler
    5:17 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Boy, I was really excited about football until I look at the schedule. Being as optimistic as I could I still could only click the 5-7. I guess as long as we’re not getting blown out that’s a huge improvement.

51. Dualz
    5:20 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Record means nothing this year. it is more a matter of learning system and not getting embarrased. Last year was a total train wreck. This year people will have to guess what we aqre doing on 3rd and 4. Not stack the box and wait for the punt on 4th.

52. NL
    5:21 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

#30- I don’t think 6-6 is that unrealistic. It is optimistic to think we’d go 6-6. Most people are saying 5-7, so 6-6 is just one “upset” over the course of the year. I agree it is a stretch but irrational? Probably not.

With that said, it’s just Stoops first year. I think as long as he wins atleast 4, the fans will give him a passing grade

53. Dualz
    5:23 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

#50 scoring against Vandy will be and improvement from last year. No more doughnuts on the board

54. mudcreekmark
    5:23 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

39) If he is like Jimmy the Greek he will be wrong about 80% of the time.May he rest in peace.

55. Dualz
    5:26 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

#30 has it spot on.

56. Dualz
    5:26 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Jimmy was the man but entertaining as hell

57. mudcreekmark
    5:27 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

It would take a near miracle to be 6-6 or better. Give these guys 3 or 4 years and then we can start talking about 8 wins or more each year. I really have a good feeling about this staff. I really think that if Brooks would have stayed on, we would have already been there.

58. HurryUpUK
    5:33 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

WVU, Miami, Alabama St, Missouri, and Tennessee wins. Add coaching staff @ 1 win and player’s belief for a second upset and we finish 7-5. I believe we will be close in our losses with maybe one exception. Optimism prevails. It will take until the second or third to begin seeing the improvement that this coaching staff provides. They have the attitude, belief, competence, and work ethic to take this program to heights not experienced in over 60 years.

59. Duke sucks
    5:36 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

To be fair to Stoop next year we should throw out the W and L record. The main thing for next year is just being competitive and showing improvement from week to week! A killer schedule plus a team of MAC players has Stoops in a impossible situation. Hopefully we show some fight and the air raid should be fun to watch.
    43) is right Miss St., Tenn, and Missou are easier games then Vandy will be. It’s amazing how far Joker was allowed to tank the program. IMO he hurt the program more hen the NCAA probation did. Joker being a Kentucky boy should have quit on his own. Any way you slice it he inherited a program on the way up and put it in the gutter.

60. nkycat
    5:40 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I’d say 5-7 but I think that is pretty optimistic. Problem with our schedule is that the fact that it is so hard means the team can get pretty demoralized in the middle of the season. I doubt Stoops or Brown let that happen but it is hard to maintain a positive attitude when you are losing to NFL caliber teams 4 weeks in a row.

61. CPACAT
    5:42 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Nice Bell Curve….

62. Duke sucks
    5:43 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

58 you named every thing our coaching staff has going for them, and I will agree with you on all of those points. The only problem is you left out what they don’t have and that’s SEC caliber players.
    44) You are getting way ahead of your self. In case you haven’t noticed we aren’t getting the top shelf players from Ohio. Yes Stoops has things on the upswing but don’t think Urban Myer doesn’t get the players he really wants. Don’t confuse UK getting a player that OSU is recruiting as a project as getting a player they REALLY want!

63. Duke sucks
    5:50 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

57 your right on all accounts IMO. Brooks had us close. To all the haters who say he ever had us in the top tier of the SEC he was close. He might have been 7-5 but he had us a play or 2 from 8 or 9 win years. We were competive even in our loses. The Joker came and lowered us to EKU and Morehead levels!!!!!!!!!

64. DLN
    5:51 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

4-8 realistically, and I’m ok with that. It’ll be positive, slow steps, and I’ll be happy with 4 wins. That being said, 5 or 6 wins and I’ll be ecstatic. 7 or more and a bowl game? I’ll lose my mind. I’ll petition a statue of Stoops he erected immediately.

I would love if we beat Louisville. We could lose every SEC game, but if we beat Louisville, I’ll be happy.

Or if we beat Florida. Not because of Joker, but because I wasn’t even alive the last time UK beat Florida. I’d be thrilled to see a victory.

If we lost every non-FCS game except WKU and Miami…but upset Alabama…I’d be ok. Which is weird to say, and will never happen…but what an upset.

Go Cats.

65. SexnNursinHomes
    5:51 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

30- I voted 12-0.

66. This Is It...
    5:54 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

62…I agree with you in principle, but we are FANS and we don’t have to deal in reality but enthusiasm…I’m going 6-6..7-5…And I think we have better players than were shown the last two yrs…Just a stabilizing of the qb spot will be major…

67. seriously
    5:54 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

you can’t tell me that next years team only gets two more wins that last years team

68. UKSportsForum
    6:05 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Check out http://www.wildcatnation.net for a family friendly site to discuss the Cats. Link is on the right side of KSR.

69. Ted
    6:08 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

The people voting 12-0 are trolls. Doing it for a laugh. UofL fans bored.

70. Troop 33.6
    6:11 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

7-5 wins over WKU, ASU, Miami, Florida it happens this year. Hell loserville beat em, Miss.st they will not score enough to keep up, Mizz, and Tenn

71. Duke sucks
    6:22 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

67 yep that’s pretty much what I’m telling you! Tough schedule and still having Jokers MAC players.
    Not to mention new coaching staff fo get used to. Hell a 2 win season is possible but you can put this year on Joker!

72. Panama
    6:24 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

All the ridiculous statements, mostly from the media, that said UK had a lot of good young talent were dead wrong! How do you have good young talent when your program finishes dead last in recruiting every year? UK will begin to be competitive in 3 years.

73. I call bullshit
    7:07 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I am one who was calling for Joker’s head early. Most of you, know it all’s thought we couldn’t get a good coach. Bullshit. Most of you thought the BBN wouldn’t get behind the football program. Bullshit. Now you bunch of football prognosticator’s want to tell us how we need to curb the enthusiasm. BULLSHIT! There is not another defensive minded coach with the intestinal fortitude to bring in a offensive mind anywhere near as capable as Brown. We are about to be treated to something special. Our defense gave up 31 points game last year, Stoops will modestly knock a touchdown off that average. Our offense averaged 18 points a game. Brown will easily add 2 touchdowns a game to that average. It’s time to back these guys completely. Hell Stoops and Brown would have easily won 7 or 8 games last year with that talentless team.

74. Bald Guy
    7:22 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Stoops will win the games he is supposed to win… whether we gain the respect and are supposed to win more than four is yet to be seen but in my book beating WKU, Missouri, Miami OH, and ASU would be an improvement. If we can knock off UT, Vandy, UofL, or someone else then we should be more than ecstatic. There was talent on the field last year but they had no leader that was visible on the field or sidelines.

75. Call it on yourself
    7:36 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

#63 You are comical. A reply to all of you loonies would be like typing a novel. Lol, Rich Brooks had us close? In 7 years, the best he did in the SEC was 4-4, and that was in his 4th year. Then he reverted to 3-5, 2-6, 3-5. He enjoyed the Kragthorpe years too, or forget the string of low level bowls. He left with a 16-39 SEC record, and 39-47 overall and you call that “close”???? LMAO Truth is, Brooks ELEVATED UK to mediocrity, which is the best you can ever hope for while Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, USC, UT, and the rest of the SEC are still around.

76. Bald Guy
    7:43 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

As your buddy Vance said, “Get on the train”! UofL fans eating this up… Your time is coming our Kragthorpe is gone.

77. DaliLama
    7:44 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Western and Miami (OH) cannot even be penciled in as wins. Petrino will have his team ready and last years WKU win will prove to not be a fluke.

78. UKCATZFAN
    8:07 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

12-0 take off the blue tinted glasses
    4-8
    5-7
    if lucky
    it will take a few years to get above .500

79. Wildcat502
    8:07 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

vs. Western Kentucky TV (Nashville, Tenn) – Win
    09/07/13 vs. Miami (Oh) – Win
    09/14/13 vs. Louisville – Win ( At Lexington)
    09/28/13 vs. Florida – Loss

My prediction is 4-8.
    Wins:
    -WKU
    -Miami(OH)
    -MISS ST
    -AL ST

Still believe South Carolina, Mizz, Vandy, and TN are “winnable” games, though I dont personally see it happening.

81. Bubba
    9:06 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Look I’m no Louisville fan…at all. With that said, you folks that think UK is going to beat Louisville this year are in for a rude awakening. They are going to be ranked as a top 10 team out of the gate and Stoops will only be in his third week of a new system. Do you realize the new recruits cannot practice until August? Heck most of the players won’t even know the whole playbook then, let alone have practiced them in depth. You cannot expect a group of guys that have never played football at the college level to come together with dysfunctional players from last year im a entirely new system and expect to beat a top 10 team in their 3rd week. If anything that formula spells blowout.

82. Bird dog
    9:13 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

We need a win over Western to start the year off right. I can’t stand thinking about the possibility of two years in a row losing to WKU. Our program has more talent than that. All other games will need to be played to know the outcome…. We just won’t know what we really have until we get into the season.

83. Jimmy the Greek
    9:23 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

The black is a better athlete to begin with because he’s been bred to be that way – because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner – the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid.

84. WTF!
    9:26 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Any of you fools who think we are winning on the road in Starkville, I’ll give you 4.5 points right now and take your money all day.

85. Matthew P
    10:07 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Vandy will not be an upset. Vandy returns 13 of 22 starters but every starter lost were key players including their QB and their RB. Vandy may be improved but they don’t exactly have a surplus of superstars to fill the voids yet.

Tennessee is a game that we most certainly should win. They lose a whole helluva lot and they weren’t any better than us last year. It was a touchdown game at the half and we finally just said piss on the fire and call it a night.

Mizzou will be better but still aren’t all that much better than us. Franklin will return and be healthy but having them at home and having time to fine tune our offense makes it a plenty winnable game.

Louisville and Florida are two teams we are capable of upsetting. Louisville is the better chance of the two but Florida has been known to lay some goose eggs (Louisville in the Sugar Bowl, and Louisiana Monroe late in the year). I doubt we win them but we could.

Mississippi St on the road is one we will be an underdog in and rightfully so but it’s not a lost cause.

Our team was bad last year. There is no denying that but we are not void of talent. Last years bunch was plenty capable of winning 5 games. Injuries really took a toll on us last season. More importantly, we had a coaching staff that had no business coaching middle school ball. I’m not exaggerating. They were that bad.

5-7 is most likely but 6-6 would not surprise me in the least bit. I’m kind of thinking 6-6 but want to be more realistic. If we have an upset, who knows, 7-5 is attainable. Confidence and fan support go much further than we fans realize.

86. Ron
    10:20 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Florida had no trouble beating Florida State

Only sure win against Alabama State

1-1 against WKU/Miami and no other wins

Another 2-10 season with some hope for the future

87. Jaybird
    1:34 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Btw, all you peeps that are scared to back the team now and say it’ll take 3-4 years, come see me then for some tix. I’ll have some for ya and they won’t be cheap. At least you warn the world that you are going to be bandwagon. Lol

88. FatBlueKid
    6:12 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

You people that think we won’t beat City Scum are not fans. They are Mid-Major we are SEC. PERIOD! 2 yrs ago we had them beat! Last year it was the 1st game. This year it’s the 3rd game. Besides QB, we have superior talent. 3 games in and we will be a totally different team. They are not a top 10 team. Florida did not care. Florida wins by 3-4TD’s minimum if they played the game over. We should win that by at least a TD.

We go 7-5 and get to a nice step up bowl before the fun really starts. We win all Non-Conference and yes I think we can go 3-5 in the SEC. Win Tennessee and Mizzou at home and win at either Vandy or Miss. St.

89. John Boi
    7:18 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Well, now we know FatBlueKid as no grasp of reality and knows nothing about college football.

90. L1CYaLosersSoon
    10:29 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

For the ones that are saying that WKU isn’t that good because they play in the Sun Belt, you do realize that UK would have most likely gone .500 at best in the Sun Belt last year, right? Also, good for Stoops bringing in such a strong recruiting class, but the problem is he is going to be playing with a lot of joker’s players and his players are young! Youth matters a lot more in college football, this isn’t basketball. And finally, you can only ride the “we’re SEC” for so long. Fact is most of the fans that are being overly optomistic are claiming a 7-5 season. UK is the little brother in the SEC that everybody picks on when their confidence is feeling low. Sure the little one lands an eye poke or swift knee to the gut every now and then but 9-10 lil bro is walking around picking underwear out of his a$$ crack. You better hope that you can beat WKU and Miami because the wins aren’t coming from the SEC and they aren’t coming against the ville either!