What a roller coaster of a weekend (Monday Show Thread)

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.”

That quote from Charles Dickens is how Matt summed up the weekend on Twitter last night. Kentucky fans were ecstatic to see Big Blue Madness on Friday night, and then Saturday’s football game was one of the worst in the program’s history.

The KSR gang will discuss both on this morning’s show.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080 or send a text to the TEXTING MACHINE at (317) 385-5148

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

244 Comments for What a roller coaster of a weekend (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    10:01 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I really hope we don’t mention the “f” ball word today. Let’s talk BBM and basketball. That floor was pretty amazing! Also how does Bobby “Dark” Knight get to do the play by play game on ESPN twice? I really don’t want to see those horrible Christmas sweaters on him.

2. L2C8
    10:03 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I saw the video of BBM, and WOW, they took it to a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL this year. GO BIG BLUE

3. Paducah Patty
    10:04 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Watched BBM and loved it! Got me fired up and even tear up a bit seeing all the former players. Day off today but my dad is sick again so we are having tests done. Everyone have a great Monday.!

4. Felix Baumgartner
    10:05 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I didn’t sky dive from space, I simply fell from my balloon ruining my day.

5. bsquared
    10:05 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I just watched the “Kentucky raises 8th national championship banner” on ESPN and the woman keeps saying nerlens “nol” instead of Noel I find it very annoying. ok that’s my rant for the day

6. maggie
    10:06 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Mathew Mitchell and the womens team were awesome just like the rest of BBM. What a night for BBN. Coach Cal really does get it.

7. God
    10:08 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I felt so bad for the UK football team that I conjured up extra storms to put the team out of its misery.

8. L2C8
    10:08 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

You had Big Blue Madness & then there was Big Blue Sadness

9. BBN
    10:08 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

DO NOT GO TO THE UGA GAME THIS WEEK!!!

Tailgate your azz off, but stay in the lot (listen or watch if you have to) – but show our displeasure with the current administration. Our only ability to create change is to embarrass mitch and his bosses.

10. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

They should use that floor during the games just for fun… that’s my point of view.

11. L2C8
    10:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

That is a good point Matt, what is the big deal on what they spend on Basketball, WE R BASKETBALL! Get over it.

12. g-unit
    10:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Ok. So apparently the word on the street is UK is on the outside looking in on Randle and Gordon now…. IF this is true does Cal turn his gaze to Noah Vonleh? Since we havent heard from Wiggins what does that mean? Wasnt he supposed to discuss reclassifing with his parents this weekend. And how much does Xavier Rathan-Mayes’ committ to FSU impact Wiggins? I’m just wondering….

13. God
    10:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Even I was impressed by the video/floor screen.

14. chandler
    10:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I thought cliff hagan looked like the most interesting man in the world!#doseques

15. Turner the Burner
    10:10 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

9 — Don’t think you need to post that theory… It is already happening.

16. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:10 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

The money spent on that silly floor screen could have been paid to Alabama high school football coaches in order to influence top football recruits.

17. I'll be honest with you
    10:11 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I blame Felix Baumgartner for the helium shortage. Because of his space jump and that giant, helium-filled balloon that took him up, my kid couldn’t have balloons on her birthday. She’s still crying.

18. Bluegrass
    10:11 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

We will not lose that many games this year – 4 tops!

Thats my prediction.

19. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:12 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

You can honestly say now… Joker won’t be back. I don’t care what Chester says. That’s my point of view.

20. Fitzy
    10:12 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Why can’t I listen to the kentucky games on iheartradio anymore?????

21. Kidnut
    10:12 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

We should use the floor video to fool the other team with illusions during the game…

22. BIG BLY
    10:13 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Cals team was young…and they hung banner #8!

Joker has lost this team…may have never had them to start with!!? But CLEARLY, Joker is not the man for this job.

23. UK_JB
    10:13 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Uncle Matt… do you think we will ANY MORE GAMES?

24. madmardigan
    10:13 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

The administration needs to go ahead and inform coaches and players that coaches won’t be back, start the coaching search, and let everyone start to look towards next year.

25. L2C8
    10:13 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I think if we lose to Samford, THEN we have hit ROCK BOTTOM. I just hope UK and the administration make the correct changes and get this program back on the right path. It is going to be and up and down roller coaster, but it is what it is.

26. God
    10:13 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Ryan – Will you please, please, please read tweets to sad music like you did on 630 yesterday morning????

27. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:13 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

John L Smith’s finances are doing better than our football team

28. HelpMeh?
    10:14 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Anybody know if any radion stations in Oboro carry KSR? I’m goin’ up an’ down
    the dall this mornin’ and cain’t find NUTTIN’. Halp meh please!

29. UK_JB
    10:14 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Shhhh! You can on Tune-In radio… WSGS 101.1 fm in Hazard. Shhhh!

30. MattD
    10:14 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt do you recall hearing all about how Savannah St. was getting paid tons and tons of money to go in a be a whipping post for teams like FSU? They got paid to lose, and lost to a great team 55-0. We get paid nothing, go play a terrible team, and nearly get beat as bad. OUCH!

31. matt jones
    10:15 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

👨 hi, im matt jones
    |\
    | \
    | \
    |8==👊==D💦
    👟

32. Turner the Burner
    10:15 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

24 – Wont happen until they are mathmatically eliminated from bowl competition…. We should know more a week from now.

33. bsquared
    10:16 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Why does that not surprise me Ryan lemmond

34. g-unit
    10:16 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky has 2 options with this next hire…. what do fans want? Show thread put 1 or 2 for whichever one you want:

1) Go with an explosive offense minded Coach. (Petrino, Leech, Helfrich). THis gets bodies back in the seat but does not equal wins necessarily but does provide ENTERTAINMENT. It is evident that in order to win in this league you need a defense.

2) Act in the best interest of the University to create some sort of Longevity in success (by success i mean 6-7 SOMETIMES 8 wins). This requires a Kirby Smart type hire. To invest in defense and the offensive line. UK will always get 3-star recruits. Kentucky gets a guy that can develop that talent so when they are Seniors they are close to being able to compete with everyone in the SEC and also develop depth across both lines.

WHICH DO YOU WANT????

35. It'sJustLunch
    10:16 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

We are the gold standard on how not to win in college football.

36. Smitty
    10:16 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I am more depressed about UK football today than I was the day that you all talked about Kel Mitchell

37. #Occupy
    10:16 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Is it too early in this process to OCCUPY Mitch’s front yard?

If Mitch can’t see the problem with the football situation – maybe an #OccupyMitchsFrontYard movement would get Mrs. Barnhart to see things our way. I can see it now, tents up and down Mitch’s street, porta pots on his sidewalk, the football team delivering Papa John’s pizzas and Cains chicken… Plus, we’d get all kinds of media coverage – the liberal media ALWAYS loves an #Occupy movement.

38. Bluegrass
    10:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

oh well, i’m in full basketball mode now.

39. ryan
    10:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

like i said, i know we have to, but i don’t want to talk about uk football. it’s embarrassing. we’re the laughing stock of the sec. i’d rather pull my finger nails out with pliers

40. FrigFullofBeer
    10:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

It will be worse against Georgia on Saturday…. I just hope Joker isn’t giving one more year, this team sucks and tired of watching a crumpy football team and 3rd 15 and throwing three yard dump passes! Mitch better throw some money at really good coach to show he is in support of football at Kentucky, other wise the Cats better start playing at Lafayette High school to fill the stands

41. L2C8
    10:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Is it possible we could get Bobby KNight so worked up while coming to uK, that we could witness the famous “Chair Throw” 1 more time before he is completely threw with Basketball? I picture Bobby Knight at home sitting in his Lazy Boy chair, with a Pizza on his belly, throwing pieces at the tv when he is upset, and I bet he has a little poodle named Hank.

42. Ron Burgundy
    10:18 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Did Matt trim his nose hairs this weekend? His nose whistle seems to have a cleaner tone.

43. bsquared
    10:18 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

26. Yeah that was pretty good, did you hear the one that told him to stand up to matt jones haha

44. just sayin'
    10:19 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, yeah, please please please please read tweets to sad music like you did yesterday morning. That was funny.

45. UK_JB
    10:19 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

UK is building 5 new dorms… well there goes renovations at Commonwealth.

46. L2C8
    10:19 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

The Floor Tv was AWESOME, It would been cool too if they would have lit the floor up to look like the Final four floor this year when we won it all. That would have been cool too, but it was AWESOME. Took it to a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL.

47. Kidnut
    10:20 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Would Matthew Mitchell be our next football coach?

48. Keyser Soze
    10:20 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt, any chance of the Arkansas post-game show being put online? I missed it and I’d love to hear it. Thanks.

49. ryan
    10:20 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

i’d rather stick a replica of the washington monument in my ear

50. UKcatNKy
    10:21 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt I’m streaming the show while waiting in line for the statue of liberty. Making my hour and a half wait less painful.

51. ryan
    10:21 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

HelpMeh? – KSR is not on in Owensboro. you’ll have to go to the wlap.com website or iheart radio for WLAP or WKJK

52. L2C8
    10:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I started to worry when I saw Marvin the Martian ride by in his little pocket. It started to worry me.

53. BBN out of control
    10:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt – Pick up the phone today and call Kerry Coombs as your head coach for the remainder of the season. Get him a hotel room in Lexington and give him four days to prepare for Georgia. No way the mid-way 3rd quarter score will be 49-7. The man has experience recruiting both Ohio and Kentucky. UK will get some big time players from both states. Equally important, UK must get qualified assistant coaches who can coach, motivate players, and bring back fans and fill seats in Commonwealth. Lorenzen as QB coach, Abney as WR coach. Bring back exciting football to Lexington, K Y.

54. Buckwild
    10:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

#42, stay classy.

55. ryan
    10:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

god – glad you enjoyed it. i did, but didn’t know if anyone thought it was funny.

56. Chad
    10:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I wonder if Calipari stops by Wheelers all the time if he could stop by and see John Short. He is just next door.

57. UK_JB
    10:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

If there was a tear

58. Felix Baumgartner
    10:25 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I am thinking about going back up to break the free-fall record I didnt break the first time.

59. ryan
    10:26 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

i’d rather clean the lint out of my belly button

60. Next Football Coach
    10:26 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Sonny Dykes!!

61. L2C8
    10:26 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I feel like Joker has lost the Whole program at this point. He has lost the players, fanbase, something needs to be done and we need to atleast go out on a positive note somehow.

62. pumpkin
    10:26 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Would Mack Brown be a good hire if he gets fired at Texas?

63. Felix Baumgartner
    10:28 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Archie ripped that shit… Archie got S.W.A.G!!!

64. Zoso
    10:29 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

The hammer pants are actually necessary to hold the Mitchell family jewels.

65. UKFootStabber
    10:29 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

UK IS DOING THE PROJECTION FLOOR AGAIN THIS WEEKEND…THEY ARE DOING IT @ COMMONWEALTH STADIUM AND PROJECTING A LEGITIMATE TEAM ON THE FIELD! AND A GOOD COACHING STAFF ON THE SIDELINE…WE ARE VERY EXCITED! GO CATS!

66. Kelly
    10:29 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Hey guys, I was at Madness and loved it! My favorite part was the end video (that was apparently not on TV or online) which was amazing and inspiring. Makes you realize why we are the best basketball tradition in America. Do you know if the video they showed at the end will ever be available anywhere online to view again? Thanks!

67. ryan
    10:30 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

just sayin – i’m not hosting any shows for a while. i think next one is Tom Leach’s show in November. I’m sure we’ll have plenty to use then also.

68. Ron Burgundy
    10:30 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt, we should get together and jam. Me on the jazz flute and you on the nose whistle. I smell a Grammy.

69. L2C8
    10:31 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Brian Long reminds me of when Zac Morris would play basketball on Saved by the Bell, or when AC would have a onster match on the show.

70. ryan
    10:31 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

i’d rather read the LJ from Ironton biography

71. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:32 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

They need to pull a trampoline out for B. Long during every warm-up

72. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:33 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Was the camera angles with WKYT bad with anyone else? That’s my point of view.

73. Felix Baumgartner
    10:34 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

66- Go to youtube and watch “the calipari era”…. it will be very similar

74. Rock on Matt
    10:34 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

How about the entire Lexington media voicing their displeasure and not show up after practice today. Since no one is ever allowed at practice, never understood this, have Joker film himself and send you his daily practice update: we are young, we know 10% of the plays, Georgia is a good football team, we will have to see how prepared we are, Whitlow will start at QB, we will have both Whitlow and Newton a package, we aren’t sure how our youngsters will respond, we have lots of injuries. Why even interview him?

75. video
    10:34 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

It’s similar to this I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YolHt743XUs

76. L2C8
    10:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

AMEN, This team will lose some games this year. This is 1 of the youngest teams yet.

77. bleedblueky
    10:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I think this is the video 🙂

78. Rockfield, KY
    10:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

What is Marcus Lee’s twitter handle?

79. Felix Baumgartner
    10:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Randle is a heave Florida Lean, SUPPOSEDLY!

80. Linda Taylor
    10:38 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

81. L2C8
    10:38 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

They should let him go, hire a good coach, that will give him time to start recruiting, Hey he MAY WIN ANOTHER GAME, if not, O well we might not win one at this point anyway. I think they need to start the hiring now.

82. Jack Nicklaus
    10:39 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Sonny Dykes…worthy of a serious look…exciting/productive offense. That are 2 things we need the most…excitement and production.

83. Head Bussa
    10:40 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Barnhart has to be putting feelers out there right now. He is, quite frankly, wasting time if he waits until next week or the week after.

84. robuk
    10:40 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

All due respect to Oscar but….THERE IS NO WAY IN GODS GREEN EARTH THAT WE WILL GO TO A BOWL GAME… it should be obvious by now no why wait????

85. L2C8
    10:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

What about the Baseball coach, GOOD HIRE

86. Linda Taylor
    10:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Mickie DeMoss was not a bad hire.

87. Poker Jillips
    10:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

After watching the terrible game Saturday and then last night the Green Bay game… Is Cobb the last good football player we will ever get?

88. L2C8
    10:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

BYE BYE BRUCE

89. bsquared
    10:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Dump button please

90. 10011010101010
    10:43 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Bruce needs to enroll in a college level Logic course.

91. BIG BLY
    10:43 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

he’ll screw it up!!! WRITE IT DOWN!!!

92. Upper Section Student
    10:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

For those wondering, Mickie DeMoss resigned because she was allegedly having an affair with a woman on the boosters at UK.

93. bentucky
    10:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

i hate people that bash mitch, i mean we almost won the capital one cup this past year? UK almost won the Capital one cup Bruce you freaking redneck idiot.

94. BigBlueQB
    10:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Just thinking, Cris Collinsworth would look good coaching the BBN.

95. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

90- I think Bruce needs to worry about getting a GED first.

96. UK_JB
    10:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I agree to get rid of Mitch if he keeps wearing those horrible pants… thats about it. Other than that he is great!

97. Mitch
    10:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I’m a f-ing rockstar when it comes to hiring olympic sports.

98. Floyd
    10:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

These hires have came from bleeding the football program. Barney’s fault period.

99. Fishstix
    10:45 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

If Florida gets Randle will they have the number one class?

100. Explorer
    10:45 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Why hire a new AD and possibly screw up a good working relationship that Cal and Mitch have? The new guy and Cal could possibly end up hating each other and resulting in Cal leaving sooner than later.

101. Mitch
    10:46 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

And I wouldn’t have hired Cal if my job wasn’t on the line. Mike Pratt saved my ass.

102. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

If Barnhart does get fired, he could become public speaker who tours the country, curing insomnia everywhere.

103. Head Bussa
    10:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Brooks and Barnhart are both to blame for hiring Joker. That stated, they BOTH made a big mistake. Barnhart was certainly influenced by his already successful football coach. You can’t hold that decision too much against him.

104. matt jones
    10:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I part my hair down the middle. Yet, you goobers and hayseeds hang on my every word.

105. wow
    10:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

MITCH BARNHART IS A TOP 10 ATHLETIC DIRECTOR IN THE COUNTRY! I bet Bruce wants Richie Farmer to be our AD…

106. Bluegrass
    10:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

How does UK not have the rights to their own videos to be able to show all of us the video??

107. G-Unit
    10:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

UK has been ranked in the top 25 in these sports under Mitch

Football- Ranked 16 in the Rich Brooks era
    Mens Basketball- 1 Final 4 and a Title in 3 yrs
    Womens Basketball- Top 10 ranking
    Baseball – Ranked #1
    Track
    Volleyball
    Cheerleading – National Champions
    Rifle – National Champions

Mitch is NOT the problem!

108. Rixter
    10:48 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

How many straigh Mondays have we heard Matt say the exact same thing “We can’t keep Joker after Saturday’s debacle”??
    Every week you think it can’t get worse…and then it does

109. just sayin'
    10:48 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

based on those rankings, Nuclear Minter is more like a fart in the wind.

110. Head Bussa
    10:49 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I am very, very, very much annoyed that ESPN is allowing Knight to cover two of our games.

111. St. Paul Raiders
    10:50 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

93- Exactly.

112. J in Orlando
    10:51 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I think it’s genius to use Bobby Knight to call a UK game, not from a UK perspective, but from the standpoint of creating a buzz to draw those who would otherwise not watch that game.

113. Rockfield, KY
    10:51 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

80. thanks!

114. Matt Jones Homo
    10:51 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Only 2 sports matter and Mitch has made a great hire a good hire and 2 of the worst hires in the history of college athletics. His ass needs to be shown the door.

115. Jerry Tipton
    10:51 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

We in the media have said it for years now, and now Matt has admitted itself, that he is the “mouthpiece of the UK administration.”

116. Kidnut
    10:52 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

LOL, Drew is dating Tom Crean

117. G-Unit
    10:52 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

was that his GF or Tom Crean?!

118. Head Bussa
    10:52 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Ryan did not just say that.

119. just sayin'
    10:52 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

matt, you’re an asshole. you may think it’s funny to embarrass drew, but you are coming off as a jealous jerk. don’t blame drew for you not able to snag a girl.

120. matt jones
    10:52 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I had to start dating guys because I have a butt cut and I have an awful, thick, hick accent.

121. Fishstix
    10:53 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

That was te worst display of football I have ever seen. I can’t figure out why the backups have no clue what to do. When I coached the first team learned the play then the second team and so on. That way if you had to sub they knew what was going on. I only have high school experience but surely in college the backups get equall reps. I understand there is a talent drop off with each player lost. But they should at least know what to do and be in the correct position to make the play.

122. J in Orlando
    10:54 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

120–are the middle schools off today or something?

123. St. Paul Raiders
    10:54 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Duke almost won? Since when is losing by 3 TDs almost winning?

124. ryan
    10:55 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

i’d rather scoop poop out of my backyard

125. St. Paul Raiders
    10:55 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

122- Haha, excellent.

126. Yab
    10:55 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Sonny Dykes or David Cutcliffe means I don’t renew my season tickets. Quit screwing around and get Petrino in here.

127. J in Orlando
    10:56 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Cutcliffe wont move the needle, but he will win 4-6 per year on the average just like any other good hire will.

128. Kidnut
    10:56 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Apparently kids must be off school, if you think it is funny to make homo-phobic remarks, don’t forget to throw in a few about kids with Down syndrome.

129. Waddybody
    10:56 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Any chance we would pursue Josh McDaniels???

130. KingTut
    10:57 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I personally have been back and forth about Cal’s hire. But after his stop at the Shoney’s remodel I truly think he’s the right man for the job…

131. bleedblueky
    10:57 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt – How about John Hood’s beard? Hate it 🙁

132. J in Orlando
    10:58 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

126–Auburn, Tennessee…will likely be open…even if Petrino wants to coach in the SEC next year he is not coming…it’s just not realistic.

133. elkcity2224
    10:58 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Do you have an affiliate in Pikeville? If not i feel like the show would do great in this area.

134. John L
    10:58 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I may be washed up. But it was nice to beat down the blue bellies on last time. Suck it queers.

135. rankings
    10:58 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

107-We were ranked as high as 7 in the BCS Rankings in 2007.

136. KCK
    10:58 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I guess making good points is cause for getting your posts deleted. Nonsense.

137. cats1068
    10:59 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Cutcliffe or Fulmer would just be a nightmare! Geez!

138. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:59 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Drew Deaner being a spokesperson for roofing contractors is like RuPaul representing auto mechanics.

139. truth
    11:00 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

If you think being homo is ok, you should go have rectal relations with a big black guy. Homo.

140. cats1068
    11:02 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

129- I would like that choice. Young, high powered offense philosophy, NFL connections and he has been a head coach before.

141. Rixter
    11:04 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

#107, UK football was actually ranked # 8 in the September 30 and October 14, 2007 AP Polls

142. UK_JB
    11:06 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Did someone just burp?

143. J in Orlando
    11:06 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

137-What do mean by nightmare? 4-6 wins a year on the average? By that definition there isn’t a hire that wouldnt be a nightmare

144. Head Bussa
    11:06 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

132 — I totally disagree. The guy has kids currently living in Kentucky who he seems to really enjoy spending time with. I’m sure his wife wouldn’t mind being near the kids either. Silly to think he wouldn’t consider Kentucky at all.

145. Hash
    11:07 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Do we really think Cutcliffe would have any success here? NOPE. He hasn’t done so hot in the ACC. Expecting him to take a bad SEC team and have success? yeah right.

146. dodger1
    11:08 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

ONE GOOD THING ABOUT REPLACING JOKER IS THAT WE REPLACE THESE RETREAD ASSISTANT COACHES.

147. FrigFullofBeer
    11:08 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Let Calipari get Marcus Lee and Aaron Gordon with Wiggins and call it a class

148. ryan
    11:08 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

J in orlando – shout out!

149. J in Orlando
    11:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Exactly Ryan…I mean here we are talking about the UGA bball game months in advance simply because of a decision to have Knight call the game

150. BIG BLY
    11:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Going to the UK UGA game this week…looking forward to tailgating and discussing basketball season!

151. G-Unit
    11:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

just sayin them players at UC and Xavier be Thugs…. no i mean Gangsta’s….what which one did Mark Lyons say? lol

152. Yab
    11:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

132, Petrino wants the UK job. You couldn’t be more wrong.

153. BIG BLY
    11:09 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I REALLLLLLY DON’T WANT PETRINO!!! SCUM O’ THE EARTH!!!

154. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:10 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

That isn’t security with Bob Knight at the games, he needs beer gophers because he can’t leave his seat during the telecast.

155. G-Unit
    11:11 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

147-

Reported Aaron Gordon is not a UK lean and more than likely will end up at Cal or KU
    Wiggins- hasnt reclassified and if he DOES ppl think he is a FSU lean since his good friend and teammate went to FSU.

156. Yab
    11:11 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

153, you don’t even have season tickets. Your opinion doesn’t even matter. The season ticket holders do want Petrino.

157. J in Orlando
    11:12 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

144 Its pretty simple…at UK he will win 4-6 game per year on average, which will make it very hard to parlay that into a bigger job (which will be his goal)…At Auburn and Tennessee he has the chance to contend for SEC titles, parlay it into an NFL gig, not have to deal with being a former UL coach at UK, etc…bottom line, all of the reasons you describe are temporary…in other words, he isn’t coming

158. clint
    11:13 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

156 – i have tickets and don’t want him here

159. 10011010101010
    11:13 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Wow, Mickey DeMoss?

Really?

Sounds like she was a nightmare. Whats the deal?

160. J in Orlando
    11:14 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

152 Its really shortsighted to say he “wants” the job without knowing what his other options are…he may also “want” the UT job, the Auburn job, etc.

161. fakebobbybluegrass
    11:14 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

My contacts in vegas tell me John L Smith bet heavily on Arkansas to cover the spread as part of his Dave Ramsey get out of debt quick plan.

162. ryan
    11:14 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

spike dykes? friend of mickie’s?

163. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:15 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I heard one of the Ramsey’s stories – it should be called “Coach DeMoss and the Sloppy Hot Brown”

164. MattD
    11:16 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt- Close only matters with horseshoes and hand grenades!

165. IWant12
    11:16 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Can we please stop using the name Bobby Knight. Use “Former Indiana Coach” instead.

166. bbmike
    11:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

#156-this season ticket holder wants anyone BUT petrino. Including Joker.

167. MattD
    11:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt, I’m all for Rob Ryan, do you think he gets a phone call?

168. madmardigan
    11:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Steve kinda sounds like Barnhart…

169. Paul
    11:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Spike Dykes is Sonny Dykes father….and coached at Texas Tech

170. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

If she was Gillispie before Gillispie, which player’s girlfriend did Coach DeMoss sleep with?

171. GoingFor9
    11:17 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Noel will not be cleared anytime soon. Hearing the coaching staff does not expect a decision for at least a month.

172. Jeff Garlin
    11:18 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Clay Travis predicted Sonny Dykes to be named head coach at UK last night. Auburn cannot get Bobby Petrino because Bobby Petrino signed an agreement with Arkansas not to go to another SEC west school for 10 years!

173. Yab
    11:18 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

160, think this through. Petrino’s best friends are Greg Nord, Mike Summers and Mike Cassity. Guess where they coach now? Joe B. Hall is going to be throwing his weight behind Petrino too. Petrino has already been talking to the first three guys that I named.

174. Bluegrass
    11:19 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I’m worried about who our next coach will be.

175. Jeff Garlin
    11:19 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I always thought DeMoss was a dyke.

176. Bluegrass
    11:20 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

If they fire the Auburn coach – how about we hire him?

Would he come here??

177. Travis
    11:20 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Mickie DeMoss can chug more beers than you-fact
    When Mickie Demoss goes to Ramsey’she goes hard-fact
    Mickie DeMoss is a boss-fact!

178. Rockfield, KY
    11:20 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Strong to Arkansas, Petrino to UT, Dykes to UK, Butch Davis to Auburn.

179. love
    11:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Love Rob Ryan, but he is on the short list to be a NFL Head coach very soon.

180. bbmike
    11:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

On a bball note, I’m going to go ahead and make the push now. When coach cal retires, I will mourn for an extended period of time. however, I’ll be picked up when Matthew Mitchell takes over the men’s program and does hammertime into the press conference.

181. 10011010101010
    11:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

NCAA is probably waiting for Cal to play Noel… only to make a ineligible ruling and force Kentucky to vacate a few games.

182. Head Bussa
    11:24 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

157 — Why in the world would you ever think he wants to go back to the NFL? Also, I love how you “know” Petrino and all of his life’s goals.

183. madmardigan
    11:24 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I would think tucking your coat into your pants would leave you with soggy underpants…

184. New Coach
    11:24 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Has anyone thought of Mark Richt? He did pretty good at Georgia. They just have unreal expectations like we do in basketball.

185. Jeff Garlin
    11:25 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

177- Did Mickie Demoss butt-chug too?

186. J in Orlando
    11:25 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

173 Not saying he wouldnt come absent better offers…I am saying he will have better offers that will be better for his career…nothing makes people forget your transgressions like winning…thats much more likely to happen somewhere else. And I am not interested in all the “I know a guy who says…” rumors or even who he is talking to…you dont know who else he is talking to.

187. Rockfield, KY
    11:26 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

It’s not that Kyle Wiltjer can’t dance, he just doesn’t have any rhythm. #BillSelfquotes

188. d0gballs
    11:26 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Ron Zook is available

189. Head Bussa
    11:27 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

161 — I think it’s really shortsighted to not consider the importance of being close to one’s family after having such a big family crisis.

190. madmardigan
    11:28 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I’m glad Ryan had Matt Jones on his show today…

191. J in Orlando
    11:28 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

182…Its not about knowing what he wants…its about keeping yourself a highly regarded commodity…winning 4-6 games per year at UK will not make that happen. If you are his agent, and UT and Auburn (and others) come calling…you really going to advise your client to go to UK?

192. BIG BLY
    11:28 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

sooo…this guy wants a genius up and coming coach that will be here 2 seasons and move on to UGA or whatever…???

193. Fire Marshall Blue
    11:29 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt-

You missed the running out of time reference when the guy talked about Jon Hood
    and cutting a rug.

194. Jennifer
    11:30 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

We scored in the first quarter against South Carolina.

195. J in Orlando
    11:31 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

189 Hey, listen…there is a part of me that would like to see it just to follow the subsequent circus…I am just confident it won’t happen. Kids graduate from high school…families move…families of coaches know that’s part of the deal. He will take the best offer, that’s my opinion

196. The Captain
    11:33 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Hey Matt, If we win the coin flip, instead of deferring, could we take the ball so maybe we could have the ball without playing from behind, at least for a little while.

197. just sayin'
    11:33 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

185 – who do you think introduced butt-chugging to UT? Demoss.

198. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:33 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Mickie DeMoss once took advantage of the no limit on eggs rule at Ramsey’s and downed 40 over-easies and a couple hard boiled.

199. Head Bussa
    11:33 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

191 — I’m pretty sure he doesn’t think he has a 6-win ceiling at UK. A coach of his ability thinks he could do the job anywhere given enough time.

200. BIG BLY
    11:33 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I honestly don’t know who would replace Joker?? None of us can agree…we all agree Joker must move on…but who takes his spot that can compete in the SEC????

201. Yab
    11:35 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

186, it’s a fact that Nord, Summers and Cassity are his best friends. It’s a fact that Summers is Joe B. Hall’s son-in-law. It’s a fact they have already been discussing the coaching position amongst themselves. If we want Bobby Petrino, we will have him. You’re basing your arguments on what you would do, not the facts at hand.

202. Jeff Garlin
    11:35 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt,

Do you still rate Mickey DeMoss’s mustache as the 2nd best in UK history? Behind Richie Farmer’s ofcourse?

203. best1978
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Gabe, please get on the same page with anybody else in the world.

204. BigBlueCPA
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

From the Turkey Hunter on Top 50 Podcast: “Its sad that the mustache that will live on in Kentucky Lore is Mickie DeMoss’s” refering to Ritchie Farmer’s fall from grace. My favorite TH Quote.

205. Edd
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Being mentioned in the same breath as TX football is progress, right?

206. FakeRealDrPhilStihl
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

MATT I picked this username to help you practice yor accent. GIVE IT A WHIRL…

207. Wayne Rooney
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

If Fulmer could bring John Chavis with him from LSU as DC, would he then be considered?

208. Travis
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

185- Well she is at Tennessee now, so….

209. Rockfield, KY
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Mike Belotti could be an awesome hire, but can he do it without the Oregon Nike money? I honestly have no clue.

210. bob in J-town
    11:37 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I once saw Mickie Demoss kill and eat a ground hog.

211. bbmike
    11:37 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

don’t think dykes would come here since he would have to leave his OC behind.

212. maggie
    11:37 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

What about Jay Gruden?

213. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:37 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Why did Coach DeMoss’ breath always smell like the Catfish sandwich when she only ordered bloody mary’s at Ramsey’s?

214. Rockfield, KY
    11:37 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I looked up Mickie DeMoss on Wikipedia. It says she left UT earlier this year and went to the Indiana Fever. I think they’re in the WNBA Finals right now too.

215. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:39 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

In Coach DeMoss’ world, an “open faced turkey sandwich” is something completely different from the delicious plate at Ramsey’s.

216. Travis
    11:39 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

213-Mickie DeMoss chugs budweiser with Larry Bird in Indiana-fact

217. J in Orlando
    11:39 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

199-ahhh, now who knows what he is thinking? lol I am kidding…first, I didnt say a 6-win ceiling, I said 4-6 win average (of course he might win 7 one year)…But if he goes to, say UT…he has a much better chance of winning, competing for titles, and keeping his name out there as a hot commodity…who is the last UK coach that has left to take a top level HC job? Bear Bryant? I am not saying you make no points…but so do I

218. Rixter
    11:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

“When it came nut-crunchin’ time, he was there”

CLASSIC!

219. St. Paul Raiders
    11:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

With all these coaching suggestions we need to rename the show Has-Been Sports Radio.

220. Wayne Rooney
    11:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Herm Edwards is SOOOOOO overrated…

221. Jackson
    11:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I was at the “game” on Saturday..even the band left in the 2nd quarter. They went MIA before the first weather delay and never made a reappearance.

222. Turner the Burner
    11:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Not sure Herm would leave his ESPN gig would he? Seems like former coaches that go to ESPN have it made.

223. Timbo
    11:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Herm Edwards would be AWESOME…

224. Rixter
    11:42 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Don’t you imagine Barhart is already sending out feelers around the football world??

225. Wayne Rooney
    11:42 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Herm Edwards: 54-74 as a head coach

226. Hustonville flash
    11:42 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Hire Kirby smart to coach defense as the head coach. Hire Neal brown as oc to run offense. Perfect fit!!

227. Andrew
    11:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Episode 2 of ESPN All Access (10/24) is at the same time as the Blue-White game. ESPN needs to work on their scheduling…

228. Jay in Lyndon
    11:45 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt, you say “lawyer” like Mark Sway in John Grishman’s, The Client.

229. Head Bussa
    11:46 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

216 — To be honest, I know what you’re saying and I kind of tend to agree. I’m basically just really hoping and praying Petrino wants to come to UK for some reason and I’m kind of just pulling some reasons out of my butt. I’m desperate to watch truly enjoyable football at UK.

230. Fancy feast
    11:46 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt what is the difference between this all access and the one hey did on duke 2 years ago?

231. Ky-boy
    11:46 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt, I think my DVR is broken. Saturday night I tried to record the Biggest Loser but it recorded the KY-Arkansas game instead.

232. BBN 34
    11:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I would like Tressel. Longshot though.

233. espn
    11:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Matt – I know only as a Kentucky fan I would ask this, but why is the show only 30 minutes? It seems most of the all access football series are an hour. Also is there a possibility of this series going all season?

234. UK_JB
    11:49 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Coal money!

235. Kidnut
    11:49 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I am wondering if Roy Williams has some sort of fetish with making his athletes look ridiculous.

236. miami
    11:50 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator

237. just sayin'
    11:50 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Mike Shermann is currently an assistant with the Miami Dolphins.

238. Mike Sherman
    11:50 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I am the OC of the Miami Dolphins.

239. brian
    11:51 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

MATT: Regarding BBM, Cal should pull Hood’s scholarship and award it to Brian Long. He scored over Hood.

240. UC Farmer
    11:51 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Mike Sherman is the current offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins.

241. Rich Madky
    11:51 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Larry Vaught with a great point on the radio yesterday. Said he wants UK to hire a guy with such ambition as to want to build UK in 3 or 4 years then look to move up. I thought it was a great point. The goal shouldn’t be to get someone who wants to say, but someone who is going to do such a good job that people want to hire him away.

242. Wayne Rooney
    11:53 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Wiltjer is better than Willis, but Willis can handle ball better, jump better & is MUCH quicker. If he could get a motor (That is a BIG IF), he would be a top-30 guy. It’s an effort & strength issue for him.

243. maggie
    11:54 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Jay Gruden played for Louisville and his wife is from Louisville, I hear.

244. bbmike