I started out watching a little foosball today, but after Maryland started beating down Cal (putting a little doubt in my head momentarily about my bold declaration of a UK crushing today) I looked for other television programming of high quality. I caught a little bit of the Rays-Yankees game and stumbled across my favorite annual television program: The Miss Venezuala pageant. It’s airing on Univision right now and I can promise you that you’ll not see more female perfection in one single place without having to hide it from your wife. It’s breathtaking. My personal favorite from a few years ago, Ly Jonaitis (above and here), won’t be around but the breeding in that country is still top notch and you’ll be impressed.
So far, it’s been a better than expected start to the college football day. here are a couple of things of note:
– Duke won. Unbelievable. I hope Louisville doesn’t file for an appeal.
– Buffalo to beat Temple on a Hail Mary. Temple fans are now tortured just as much as the rest of Philly fans and I love it.
– Cal’s wideout puked up Nickelodeon slime during his ESPN extreme close-up. It was a great impression of his team’s performance against Maryland.
– Mike Archer’s NC State defense got an INT and took it to the house against Clemson. Then they missed the extra point. I’m starting to think this guy might not be an awful coach, just an awful jinx.
– Purdue just scored on their first play from scrimmage against Oregon. 80 yard run. Not a bad start.
If the rest of the day feeds off of this solid start, we’re all in for a treat. If not, you better make sure you have that pageant Tivo’d.