This Would Be Interesting

bracketology-2-14

The weekly Bracketology updates are purely speculative and essentially only for debate purposes.  And that’s what makes them so great.  This week’s version doesn’t disappoint in the intrigue department either as ESPN’s Joe Lunardi projects the Cats to play in the home of the Sports Junkies as a five-seed and against (gasp!) the Memphis Tigers!  It’s the student vs. the teacher, the spurned ex-girlfriend against the soulmate, a reason for Dan Wolken’s nipples to bulge out of his tiny shirt!

Here are where UK’s regular season opponents are projected:

2 – Notre Dame
12 – Alabama

*Obligatory Wolken photo:

Article written by Thomas Beisner

28 Comments for This Would Be Interesting

1. Cal Purnell here
    12:23 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

I wish I could fit in a xtra-SMALL shirt like that.

2. ringer
    12:26 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

who is this “dan wolken” character

3. BigRudy
    12:27 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Look! He’s in a bar! God he’s awesome…

4. M. Vick
    12:27 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Picture offers further proof that some people are born with a face/body for newspapers

5. Runnin'Ramel
    12:29 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Would gladly take that draw over the prior version of Bracketology. DC is not bad for UK fans to attend, I suppose. Better than heading out West. Chicago would be awesome … but they’re going to send ND and probably Purdue up there, meaning they will have a lot of tickets snagged up.

6. Memphis Crack Dealer
    12:29 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Newest Cast member on Jersey Shore?

7. I hate the one-and-done rule
    12:31 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Wolken-Thamel-Forde = the unholy triumvirate of tooldom.

8. I can't see the comments
    12:33 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

And that, my friends, would probably be a second round exit. But it won’t, cause it won’t be. Bracket’s gonna change another 10 times. Cats can run win out and crawl back to a 3 or 4 seed. Leggo.

9. Lazlo
    12:34 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

The greatest American of all-time = Hunter S. Thompson

10. Al's IndiCats
    12:39 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

I’ll say we’ll wind up a 4th seed with Loserville in the wings, then smack that ass like we did on New Years Eve

11. Doubting Thomas
    12:39 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

I can’t see our seed rising at this point. This may be best case scenario. We could easily end up a 7 or maybe even a 10. We have 6 games left, where does 3/3 put us or does a 2/4 leave us out?

12. holdmeclosertinydanson
    12:45 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

This bracket would definit….OH MY GOD KILL THAT THING WITH FIRE!

13. SexnNursinHomes
    12:47 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Kumar, is that you? i got a sweet deal on 50 white castles.

14. CodySack
    12:48 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

To quote the Chappelle Show: “your beat writer got one big titty and one little titty and they call the bitch biggie smalls”

15. rob
    12:49 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

dunno if you saw it yet, but cats are #22 in new AP poll. Link:

16. charlie
    12:50 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

HAHAHAHA nice Wolken pic.

17. Charles
    12:51 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Wolken is a Hot Springs Ar native whose family owns Turf Catering …..thats right the caterers of KEENELAND…….He won the , I believe, Grantland Rice schlorship to Vandy I think these facts are correct

18. Dubs
    12:52 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

I live in San Antonio. This would be awesome

19. NBA league pass
    12:52 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

10) I like the way you are thinking.

20. Larry Vaught
    12:53 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

I didn’t know they seeded all the teams today.

21. Alamo_CatFan
    1:05 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Dropping to a 6/7 seed would be better than the 4/5 seed. If we can’t win out and get to the 3 seed that is…

22. 2..better make it 3
    1:10 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

I wish this team would wake up! That pick makes me cringe and looks very much like an early exit for sure…unfortunately

23. Debbie Downer
    1:52 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Ok, I’m a realist, UK grad, and lifetime fan.
    I wanted to qualify that before I vent. Cal is not a good coach. Awesome recruiter, but poor coach.
    Here’s why:
    1. How do you now win a national championship with 5 first round picks?
    2. How do you continue to lose games against mediocre opponents with more talent on your roster?
    3. How do you continue to lose games in the final minutes – when the offense is lost and can’t execute a single play?

I’d like to get everyone’s thoughts because, while I like what Cal has done with the program, am just concerned about game day execution. Why can’t this team win? As Bruce Pearl said, don’t get too excited about winning against a C-USA team. I think Cal has just met his match in the SEC this year. There are better coaches winning with less talent. If Cal can’t recruit next year to overcoming game day execution weaknesses, what do we as a fan base do? What should we think?

24. Debbie Downer
    1:53 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

Also, if we aren’t careful, we could be a NIT team this year. We are a couple losses away…

25. Ben
    2:28 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

I’ll take the six seed, two more losses should be just about right! Cal can coach, this years team is not a good fit for Cal. Our team is not very smart on the floor at the end of the game and Cal is at a loss to put a spark up their a**. I doubt that the light will come on by the end of the year. Start looking towards next year.

We must get a 3 seed or a six seed or major upsets to go very far this year! Who would have figured this much talent with this little desire to finish. You can’t teach desire, they either want it and go for it or not! This team is just satisfied with mediocrity.

26. Viren
    2:59 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

There are not very many good teams out there Kentucky can run with just about anyone in the country on the neutral floor. We just have had some misfortune like our counterpart UNC Tar Heels due to youth and inexperience. Cats will be sophomores and maybe just maybe they will be tired of losing and if they can crack that door open watch out. This team will be very dangerous no matter who we get paired with in the NCAA Tournament. I can see this team upsetting a higher seed if both Lamb and Knight start firing away from the deep range. All these freshman’s are very capable of putting up huge numbers. If they would only start defending like they did against the Vols. I am not giving up on these Cats until they are knocked out of the SEC and NCAA Tournament then start counting days till the Midnight Madness. :-]

27. I can't see the comments
    3:04 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

In what bracket are Mumford and Sons?

28. Just saying
    4:12 pm February 14, 2011 Permalink

So theyre going to mix Memphis and Boston College together to beat us? Should be a great game. 6 against 20, I like our chances