Wednesday’s Would You Rathers (On Thursday!)

Welcome back to Wednesday’s Would You Rathers!  Today may be Thursday, but don’t fret!  It’s not because I hit ‘save’ on the post last night instead of schedule, I promise.  Last week we learned that the majority of you were celebrating after the win on Sunday, most of you would sacrifice Football recruiting for Basketball, pretty much all of you think you could make an open three at the end of the game to beat Ole Miss, and you couldn’t really decide if you’d rather hang with Billy or Rick.  Understandable.

But, the none too surprising revelations won’t stop us from having another edition of Would You Rathers.  As always, post your answers in the comment section and send your suggestions for questions to [email protected]

———

1.) Would you rather have Bruce Pearl be fired or continue on as Tennessee’s Head Coach?

2.) Would you rather read a daily 10 am post from BTI or Pete Thamel?

3.) Would you rather have dinner with Coach Calipari or Ashley Judd?

4.) Would you rather play Truth or Dare with Bobby Knight or Jerry Tarkanian?

5.) Would you rather Jorts or Jones take the last second three to win the National Championship?

6.) Would you rather wear the Scotty Hopson hairdo or the Matt Walsh?

Article written by Will Lentz

61 Comments for Wednesday’s Would You Rathers (On Thursday!)

1. old_school
    8:06 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

first?

2. kyborn&raised
    8:09 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Continue. BTI. Cal. Knight. Jorts. Walsh, I’m white.

3. Stomped by Lamb
    8:09 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1.) Continue on. I love to see him bring TU down, and he sucks against us.
    2.) BTI. I actually like BTI.
    3.) Coach Cal. I have no love interest in Ashley Judd and I think Calipari would be far more interesting to listen to when it comes to basketball.
    4.) Bobby Knight.
    5.) Jones
    6.) Matt Walsh; I’m white, so I could pull it off a little better than Scotty’s.

4. LynskeyWRX
    8:09 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Keep him as head coach. The rivalry is more fun, and he’s good for the SEC.
    2. BTI
    3. Cal, I really like basketball…okay I don’t like basketball that much. Ashley hands down.
    4. Tark, I want to know what all happened back in the early 90’s.
    5. Jones, because he’s been clutch in the last five min.
    6. Matt Walsh’s do was SWEET!!!

5. UK Wildcat
    8:10 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1) Fired, I have no confidence Tennessee’s athletic department won’t completely screw up and have the basketball program be miserable for years. At least with Pearl they’ll typically field a competitive team.

2) Neither

3) Coach Cal.

4) Bobby Knight

5) Jones

6) Walsh

6. joe
    8:13 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

jorts

7. old_school
    8:15 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1.) Keep him. My brother-in-law runs a bail-bond firm in Knoxville and he needs the business Pearl’s program sends his way.

2.) I’m old-school. I’ve read more by 10 a.m. that most people will read all day. By then it doesn’t matter.

3.) I’d rather dine with Calipari. I can stomach Cal’s wacky program-building schemes more than I can stomach Judd’s wacky politics.

4.) Bobby Knight. The truth may be laced with flying F-bombs and flying chairs, but you’ll at least know it’s sincere. Tark would simply try to seduce you into a Las Vegas hottube filled with middle-aged bookies.

5.) Jorts. He could parlay that celebrity into a book-tour, endorsements and a good paycheck after basketball. Jones will likely be signing a seven-figure check next season whether he hits another three this season or not.

6.) Give me the Lou-Do. (You youngin’s check out Illinois from a decade or more ago.)

8. Klee
    8:15 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Fired
    BTI
    Tark, Knight is an asshole that I would not walk across the street to piss on.
    Jorts!!!!!!
    Scotty without a doubt.

9. Big Rudy
    8:17 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Would you rather eat a bowl of ice cream, or a penis?

10. Tubby's gopher
    8:21 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1)Keep Pearl I love beating him like a dirty dish rag
    2)BTI
    3)I’d rather wine & dine & “well u know”
    4)Tark
    5)Jorts from the top of the key
    6)I’d rather sport a mullet than either

11. Louie Troll
    8:24 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

#9. I…I…I’d rather eat a bowl of ice cream of course

12. James Milner
    8:25 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

9) The latter, only if it’s Jorts’

13. New ball coach
    8:26 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1) keep him as coach. He can’t beat us
    2)BTI. He does an ok job.
    3) Cal.
    4) the general. Even though he coached at a rival school. He is one of my all time favorites.
    5) Jorts hits a three to beat Duke.
    6) Scotty. He’s a Kentucky boy.

14. Big Rudy
    8:30 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

11 the problem is, the bowl of ice cream has chopped up penises in it

12 Good, Jorts’ wang is so filling, it has a name- you may have seen it at Hardees? “The Little Thick Burger”

Now I’ll pose another question for you gents: would you rather commit suicide, or marry the woman you love?

15. Sawyer
    8:37 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

7 you’re such a f*cking jackass.

16. lpool003
    8:40 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Fired and all hell brought down upon the UT basketball program relegating it back to irrelevance.
    2. BTI
    3. Cal, he would be way more interesting
    4. Bobby Knight so I can dare him to go jump off a cliff
    5. Jorts because I think he would make it
    6. Walsh

17. reedwizard
    8:45 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1.) Tennessee Head Coach. He makes it fun and a rivalry
    2.) BTI of course
    3.) Ashley Judd. Cal would just dominate the conversation and only talk about what he wants to. No reason to slip him a Mickey at all either
    4.) Jerry Tarkanian. Knight is a worthless douche. I would just leave if he came into any room I was in and started talking
    5.) In order: Lamb, Knight, Miller, Jorts, Liggins, Hood, Jones, Poole, Vargas, Polson
    6.) Matt Walsh. The white curly fro is awesome

18. Chris
    8:57 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1) keep him. It makes it easier to hate UT.
    2) BTI
    3)Cal
    4) Knight
    5) Jorts, then he goes on to run for governor in 2029 and wins by landslide.
    6) Scotty (Walsh is gay!)

19. elstie01
    8:59 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Keep Pearl. He Jesus nuevo.
    2. BTI…I dont’ really understand the loathing of him. He seems nice, but not exceptionally bright. But that can be said about most people.
    3. Ashley Judd. I don’t want to get laid by Cal. Atleast I would have my one shot at it.
    4. Bobby Knight. I’ve probably been dared to do worst than anything he could think of.
    5. Toss up. Harrelson can shoot from there and god knows Jones has had plenty of practice during the season. I think I would be fine with either…better than not taking the shot…(clears throat) Miller.
    6.Hopson. It’s awesome!

20. Antoine Dotson
    8:59 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1-Keep him He makes the rivalry interesting and we still beat them like a drum
    2-BTI. He may be an idiot, but he’s our idiot. 🙂
    3-Ashley. Much easier on the eyes and a 2 way conversation will be possible.
    4-Tark. Life is too short to spend time with a$$holes like Booby.
    5-Walsh

21. UKfansRhicks
    9:00 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1) Would you rather win the right way or continue to have a coach who pays for players?
    2) Would you rednecks rather have a free double wide or marry your hottest cousin?
    3) Would you rather use a Moutain Dew bottle or the floor of your 85 Ford pickup as your dip cup?
    4) Would you rather lick Cal’s bloated gut or kiss Terrence Jones oversized lower jaw?
    5) Would you rather keep your flowing mullet or cut your hair to be able to afford to see a dentist?
    6) Would you rather get a third mortgage on the trailer, in order to travel with the Cayuts or use the proceeds to rent out the trailer park clubhouse for a family reunion?

22. Power of the BBN

3.Calipari
    4.Knight
    5.Jones
    6.Don King

24. T.J.
    9:14 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

would you rather have the ole miss and florida wins with a tennessee loss OR keep things the way they are

25. echo 1
    9:18 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Pearl at UT. he is a clown, but he makes the conference interesting.
    2. Dude gets too much crap. He brings it everyday whether you agree with him or not.
    3. Ashley. I’d try to slip her a roofie.
    4. Bob Knight. Not even close.
    5. Jorts. If he makes it, he is a legend.
    6. Hopson. But, I would rather have Tark’s dome if given a third option.

26. echo 1
    9:19 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

2 was BTI

27. What?
    9:19 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Continue on, he’s good for the SEC
    2. BTI…I actually like his posts!
    3. Coach Cal unless Judd is putting out after dinner!
    4. Knight…man wouldn’t that be a hoot!
    5. Jorts…Sorry jones!
    6. Walsh…although my hair fell out many years ago and neither would be possible!

28. BukakenNursinHomes
    9:19 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

7)Old School, Old Moron

1. Knoxville to Louisville a normal connection
    2. Comic books, AARP brochures, and Fox news blogs don’t count.
    3. Neither, for you try Pitino @ Porcinis
    4 If you have anything nice to say about Boob Knight you are not only and old fool but truly a moron.
    5. 1 out of 6 ins’t bad for a “Special Needs” fool
    6. You need the Dick Cheney cut and hopefully you will either be shot by him or have your heart explode.

29. newb
    9:20 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Even a neutral site thinks we get Goodwin and Ashley in 2012. Goodwin will be the John Wall of that class. He’s for real.

30. Deezy
    9:22 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1.)Fired, I have a hatred for Pearl on a personal level, beyond just him being the coach of UT
    2.)BTI every day
    3.)Cal, his wife makes a mean dinner
    4.)Shark
    5.)Jorts
    6.)Walsh

31. Big D
    9:27 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Man you ask tough questions.

32. SexnNursinHomes
    9:30 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1- Fired over a roast
    2- BTI- if he’d start posting hot tail
    3- Neither- Gimme Jenna Haze
    4- bob knight. dare him to kill himself
    5- Jorts
    6- Yuko Systems(pubic hair straightening)

33. Graham
    9:39 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Fired
    2. Don’t matter
    3. Cal…Judd’s against coal, screw her
    4. Knight
    5. Jorts
    6. Walsh

34. LindaS
    9:41 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Cal 28%-little slick quick ricks buddy 54% We keep losing ground. Please vote for Coach Cal in the Infiniti Coaches Challenge. We were within 3% of the little snot but some how he keeps pulling away from Cal. You can vote everyday until 3-11-11. you can also sign on with your FB account to vote.
    Let’s keep this going and get this for Cal. Don’t delay, vote now and pass it on to your friends and family. Tweet it, email it, FB it! GO CATS! THX!

35. catfan38
    9:47 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Fired,BTI,Cal,Bobby,Jorts & Walsh!!!!!

36. ray
    9:47 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Pearl
    2. BTI
    3. Cal, I would probably crap my pants if Ashley was sitting in front of me.
    4. Tark

39. IL Cat Fan
    10:14 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1) Continue
    2) Neither
    3) Ashley
    4) Knight
    5) Harrelson (I could see him hitting a Padgett-like 3 one day)
    6) Neither (Not enough hair)

40. awwyeah
    10:17 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. keep him
    2. Thamel
    3. Calipari
    4. Tark
    5. Jorts
    6. oh that is too hard

41. bluetexan
    10:18 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Fired (he CAN coach)
    2. Thamel (could slip anti-freeze in his OJ)
    3. Ashley (sorry Coach – she’s prettier)
    4. Tark (otherwise I’d have to slap the General on the back of
    the head when he wasn’t looking – Joe B payback)
    5. Jorts of course
    6. Who cares? Stupid question.

42. Bill Bammer Nolate
    10:19 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1) Let him stay, he wont be there long.
    2) BTI
    3) Regular dinner (Coach) or Pitino dinner (Ashley)
    4) Bobby Knight (I’d have to have a helmet, though)
    5) Jorts
    6) Neither would look good with a bald top

43. JimBob
    10:55 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1.) Continue
    2.) Pete Thamel makes me LOL at least
    3.) Ashley Judd
    4.) Bobby Knight
    5.) Jorts
    6.) Matt Walsh

44. IluvUK
    10:56 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Fired…who would they get?
    2. BTI

3.Ashley
    4.Knight
    5.Jorts
    6.Hopson

46. Drew Greene
    11:21 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1.) Continue on…He’s built them into a decent type program that can compete for sweet 16’s or elite 8’s but they’ll never actually be a quality team. He brings in talent. He’s good for the SEC. We need another program to be “relevant” in the SEC. It helps UK, in my opinion.

2. BTI…obviously

3. Ashley Judd…having dinner with a man is kinda weird. Dinner with a buddy is alright but Cal is a man.

4.) Tark…why? Because Bobby Knight would be unbelievably annoying. I would pick Knight if for no other reason than to piss him off.

5.) Jorts…easily a better three shooter than Jones and I agree with #44 it would be the best ever.

6.) Hopson…Matt Walsh hair is ridiculous.

47. concerned fan
    11:37 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Don’t know if this is the right place to point this out but…

There is currently a poll on ESPN asking “what event are you most looking forward to?”. Kentucky is one of two states in which “NCAA Frozen Four” is the #1 choice. Just so everybody knows, that is hockey, not basketball. I appreciate our enthusiasm, but please read the whole question and all the answers.

48. concerned fan
    11:43 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

1. Continue. I was a fan of his before his days at UT.
    2. BTI. When Thamel runs some drivel, he gets fans across the country buying into his bull. Those of us who don’t live in Kentucky have to deal with fans who think what he says is actually true.
    3. Cal. If we were younger, I’d teach her the meaning of the phrase “across the nail”.
    4. Tark.
    5. Jones, but it would be cool if he could get the ball to Lamb.
    6. Hopson.

49. marty janetti
    12:00 am February 11, 2011 Permalink

1. continue
    2. BTI
    3. Calipari
    4. Bobby Knight
    5. Harrelson
    6. Hopson

50. Matt from Hodgenville
    5:40 am February 11, 2011 Permalink

We as Kentucky fans have to admit that Pearl has made Tennessee relevant. Keep him. It makes nights like Tuesday so much sweeter. Go Cats!!!

51. Enes Envy
    6:39 am February 11, 2011 Permalink

1.) Bruce Pearl be fired

2.) BTI

3.) Coach Calipari

4.) neither

5.) Jorts

6.) neither…polamalu

52. Screw the Orange
    9:21 am February 11, 2011 Permalink

1. Continue, he’s funny to watch on the sidelines, and funny to look at as well.
    2. BTI- Thamels a moron.
    3. Cal- His daughters are hott and my age.
    4. Knight
    5. Jorts- How much of a hero in KY folklore would he be then?
    6. Walsh- I want nothing to do with UT and their fake @$$ basketball program.

53. Rockfield, KY
    10:34 am February 11, 2011 Permalink

1. Continue
    2. BTI, i like his posts
    3. Cal, has better connects, might get me tickets
    4. Tark, want to ask him about envelopes full of money
    5. JORTS
    6. Walsh, my white hair is incapable of a box fade

54. baker uk fan
    10:40 am February 11, 2011 Permalink

jortsy with the game winning 3 against ohio st for the national title he would be a uk legend instantly

55. UK Alumni Band freak

3. Dinner with Cal; Breakfast with Ashley
    4. The Shark
    5. Jorts — Jones will have fouled out already
    6. As long as it’s not the Matt Jones I’m fine either

57. cats by 5
    12:01 pm February 11, 2011 Permalink

1. Pearl, love seeing him loose in that puke orange jacket.
    2. BTI
    3. Coach, he isnt a fair weather fan.
    4. knight, i would dare him to love coach Cal
    5. Jorts, no doubt a better perimeter shooter
    6. if i could pull off the hopson flat top I would, and walsh is still Gay

58. Pierce Buster
    1:01 pm February 11, 2011 Permalink

1. Fired. I want their program in as much disarray as humanly possible!
    2. BTI
    3. Is the diner at Porcini? Ashley Judd
    4. Tark. Bobby Knight can take a long walk off a short peer.
    5. Jorts. He’s earned it.
    6. Walsh. Flat tops don’t look right on white dudes. Plus, I want as little in common with Tennessee Athletes (read: criminals) as possible.

59. CatFanatic9
    3:55 pm February 11, 2011 Permalink

Judd and Jorts!!!!!

60. elstie01
    5:36 pm February 11, 2011 Permalink

Next week you need to ask what 5 teams plus a bubble, do you not want to win the NCAA! The bubble is a team you could deal with, but still don’t like! Here mine: Duke, Kansas, Louisville, Ohio State, Florida, and I guess pick any whichever Big East team has the best threat to win come Selection Sunday (probably Gtown) even though I don’t necessarily hate them. Tired of the media BE bias.

61. WildcatGirl
    5:45 pm February 11, 2011 Permalink

21) Get your head out of your ass and then we’ll talk.