We see you, random USA 3-goggle fan

(h/t @Wildcatty11)

Team USA didn’t give the crowd many reasons to throw the 3 goggles, but this guy apparently had a moment…

Kentucky fan in London? Anthony Davis fan? Or signaling for his buddy across the arena to bring him his binoculars at halftime?

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

15 Comments for We see you, random USA 3-goggle fan

1. Jezz
    12:39 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

Can we please stop acting like this is a big deal as if the 3 goggles was a Kentucky-only thing ?

It didn’t even start with UK. Useless post.

2. jim
    1:07 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

no but we prefected it

3. Dear ALLY
    1:51 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

I love your post with the sun setting through the hoop. Is there anywhere I could go to buy that print? I’d love to have it in my Ky. den. Thanks, Shawn

4. unca b
    1:56 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

1. Jizz. you come here just to bitch, or do you have something useful to add?

5. Let it go, KSR...
    1:58 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

Thanks, Jezz. I could not agree with you more. It is almost embarrassing to see this UK/3goggle myth perpetuated. Can we at least have some additional confirmation that these people are Cats fans before we post their pics as confirmation of BBN taking over the world? Oh, wait… I see some blue and white on that thing draped around his shoulders. Must be a UK fan. Go Cats!

6. Ally Tucker
    2:06 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

Shawn- not that I know of. I’ll let you know if I hear anything. I would imagine someone will make a poster or print eventually, if they haven’t already

Ps if a 3 goggles pic is the worst thing to happen to you all day, chalk it up to a good one. Go Cats.

7. truth
    2:50 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

Three goggles is about as cool as driving a z28, wearing gold chains or listening to Ice Ice Baby.

8. justin
    3:05 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

I think Ben Gordon was the first person I saw use them a few years ago. But, Kentucky popularized it more by having more NBA players that are fans and having alot more T.V. time.

9. SRV
    3:21 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

Haters gonna hate.

10. Luther in Louisville
    3:30 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

I sent Matt this same pic but I guess someone beat me to it.. Any how, what a great pic!

11. Reply
    3:54 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

I’m not really sure why we claim the 3goggles as a UK thing. Many players on many different teams did it long before we did. And with our squad looking to be mediocre from 3pt land this year, not sure that we can claim that anymore.

12. JimRW
    3:55 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

Please, let’s stop acting like this is a Kentucky thing.

13. chase
    3:59 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

12. it is a Ky thing. we may not be the only ones but it’s not patented, so live with it.

14. UK football fan
    4:28 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

As a UK football fan, I love the 3 goggles. I throw them up when we kick fieldgoals against our superior SEC competition. In your face, Gators… Who cares if you are beating us by 28… We just scored three points. Three goggles!! So fun.

15. old blue
    7:30 pm August 4, 2012 Permalink

What’s wrong with 3 goggles? Get over it. Saw this today on tv as well!