We have a new record

The official tally at Tent City this morning reached 582 tents, a new record for the Big Blue Madness campout. Last year, 570 tents were counted during the final count Friday night.

This year’s campout will likely reach 600 by tonight’s final official tally.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for We have a new record

1. CATS
    10:55 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Okay I have some questions for anyone that knows anything about camping out for BBM tickets. If it’s a mad dash across the street for tickets, what’s the point of the control card? Also, could I come get a control card tonight, leave, then come back in the morning to get in line?

2. DP
    11:08 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Please visit the Facebook page prayers for Lane Goodwin. It would be great to get some KSR representation for a family in Western KY going through a helluva tough time. Thanks!

3. justafish2002
    11:10 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

I plan to get there tonight around 7pm, do I need a tent or can I hang out without one? Also, when does the line start to form for tickets if you won’t have a control card?

4. big blue
    11:21 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

You can leave with you control card and come back in the morning. People are gonna start lining up around 4 am though and you have to have a tent to get a control card. You can’t just stand around down there and get one

5. justafish2002
    11:26 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

If I don’t have a tent or control card, I just need to be in line by 7am Saturday right and I’ll receive one then?

6. big blue
    11:28 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

No they only give out the control cards today. You can’t get one on tomorrow.

7. justafish2002
    11:31 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

@6 I thought UK’s site (http://www.ukathletics.com/blog/2012/08/big-blue-madness-ticket-distribution-announced.html) says you must be in line no later than 7am Saturday to receive a control card

8. Bob Loblaw
    11:50 am September 21, 2012 Permalink

Am I the only that looks for the yellow tent in each picture KSR posts?

9. Yellow Tent Guy
    12:44 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

I finally got my tent up!

10. CATS
    12:56 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

So as #3 said, do you have to have a control card to get tickets? Or is there a ticket line for people without control cards? If you don’t have a control card, what is a good time to start lining up in the morning?

11. GatorChomp
    4:12 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

A bunch of fat unemployed grown men at a giggeling ‘lil girl slumber party. Get a life RUBES!