“We Are Kentucky” KSR Post-Game Show Thread

The Kentucky Sports Radio postgame show is live over at WHAS.com or on your radio on 630 WLAP in Lexington or 84 WHAS in Louisville. Listen as Matt Jones recaps Kentucky’s win over the Marshall Thundering Herd.  Give him a call if you want to join the discussion at 1-800-444-8484 or 502-571-8484.

Or discuss below.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

30 Comments for “We Are Kentucky” KSR Post-Game Show Thread

1. Ashland
    7:18 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Hot water burn baby!

2. oldschool
    7:24 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

So happy Cal rewarded his subs with some mop-up time at the end of the game.

Afterall, they were up nearly 30 and those guys at the end of the bench have had to endure every grueling minute of Camp Cal as the starters did.

Class act by Cal. Players First!!!

3. explorer
    7:28 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

I don’t post often on here, but oldschool you are either, someone who likes to stir the pot, or an idiot. Could you please enlighten us to which you are?

4. ChiefedCat
    7:28 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

So basically we need Alex to start going 4 a.m. till 11 p.m. Bootcamp Cal style. Then, we should be good.

5. buffalobillsbbq
    7:32 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

The first game in which the team has played together, and had some fun. I enjoyed their effort,they had some fun, I had some fun and I hope they can bring it next week. Go BIG BLUE!

6. oldschool
    7:32 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

I’m a lifelong UK fan – but I see through Cal.

He’s arrogant. Listen to his postgame show and he talks down to the fans like they’re five-years-old.

He preaches “Players First” but won’ reward kids who put in hard work with a couple of minutes on the Rupp floor. He’s extemely hypoctical.

7. Ashland
    7:39 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

6) define hypoctical?

8. DirtyDutchMantel
    7:40 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Great game by harrow. But it was against their third string pg. Next week will be a good test. My biggest concern about the tard game is our guards are not good defenders. Mays runs like he has a piano on his back. Hope he does not guard russ smith. Mays will have 3 fouls five minutes into the game.

9. Lee Ho Fook
    7:44 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

haha caller said going after balls. considering the game, yes they did

10. oldschool
    7:44 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

7 – Describe hypocritcal?

Cal says he’s “Players First” and he uses the plural…playerS.

When a kid comes out an works hard day in and day out – but NEVER sees any minutes in the game – even in mop-up time in 30 point blowouts – is that putting all players first?

11. nassau65
    7:46 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

6. funny how you have to keep repeating you are a lifelong UK fan.
    go back to the ville, asswad

12. We Hang Banners
    7:47 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Enjoy the win people!

13. [email protected]
    7:47 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Oldschool, I can tell you have an axe to grind with Cal, but as long as he wins the vast majority of the fans will embrace and love him. If he starts losing, then he can sign every basketball and napkin in the state and he will be ran out of town. Just ask Tubby. He can be arrogant if wants as far as I’m concerned, but he is a winner, and winning is all that matters. If coach K starts going 15-15 every year at Duke, guess what, he will be forced out. Point is, winning matters everywhere. And additionally, I sense that you are really troll. Possibly a UL, IU or maybe a disgruntled Memphis fan. Just can’t put my finger on it, but I sincerely doubt you bleed blue. Have a Merry Christmas, and lighten up. Don’t be a scrooge.

14. BowlFullOfJelly
    7:50 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Anyone think Cal can see his feet?

15. explorer
    7:50 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Oldschool this is not high school basketball. College coaches are paid millions to win games. Playing scrubs who will never contribute to that goal is foolish. Especially when you have a team currently like us. We have a team full of inexperienced players they need all the time on the floor they can get.

The “Sam Malones” of the team are not looking for playing time. They know their role. They are there for the experience.

16. Linda Taylor
    7:51 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

oldschool – Have you been hitting the sauce early today? All of your posts are filled with misspelled words. I can’t help but wonder why someone who is so universally hated on this website like you are continues to post. Are you like that in regular life also? Do you continually interject yourself into social situations where you are not wanted? Or do you just not realize how much people don’t like you and don’t want to be around you? There is such a thing as emotional intelligence. You seem to have a very low level of it.

17. Please Depart
    7:51 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Give it up oldschool. Your points are not compelling in the least.

18. Linda is Right!
    7:52 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Linda-Good job on describing oldschool. Excellent post!

19. Rixter
    7:52 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

HOW can you play basketball for 15 + years, and not be able to hit a 15 foot shot?

20. Catlanta
    7:53 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

I think it is ridiculous that Cal leaves starters in up 30 in the final minutes. It shows a lack of class and if someone got hurt, everyone on this board would freak out.

21. Mike
    7:55 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Kyle was 2 for 5 from 3, and 7 for 9 last game.

22. Mike
    7:57 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

20, give it a rest. We haven’t had a significant injury in 3+ yrs. And everyone on this board would take Cal’s decisions on PT over yours.

23. Lee Ho Fook
    7:59 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

i just want to come on here and sing ” can you feel the love tonight….. ?” can you ?

24. DruDown
    8:01 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Jody Demling is saying quick and Hatcher are tard bound.

25. Mean Girls
    8:21 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Random comments on a sports blog are condidered equivalent
    to real life social interaction? Someone needs a friend.

26. mudcreekmark
    8:35 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

15) You are exactly right about why Cal shouldn’t just play the backups to be playing them. If you look on our bench tonight who are we trying to develop to help us at the end of the year and in the future? Hood would have fell in to this category but he wasn’t there. Polson and Wiltjer and WCS are the other 3 that came off the bench tonight that falls in that category and they all played tonight. If we weren’t so young or if we were playing better I’d say throw a dog a bone but our young players need all the minutes they can get.

27. Fit
    8:37 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

Cal needs to practice what he preaches and eat right and hit the treadmill. His belly was bouncing around every time he went bonkers on the sideline.

28. Linda Taylor
    9:23 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

25 – If you think oldschool’s comments are random you obviously don’t read this blog much unless you are actually oldschool masquerading under a different screen name. 25 are you really oldschool? oldschool has a vendetta against Cal and I along with many other fans am sick of his vitriol. I try to be nice to most people when I post but some people simply have so thoroughly lost my respect that I let loose once in a while and let them have it. oldschool falls into that category. It seems that number 18 agrees with me. 3, 11, 13, 15, 17 all responded negatively to oldschool. 7 is mocking him. Check previous threads. You will find oldschool generates nothing but negative comments yet what I said must have hit home because it is the content of my comment that you responded to. When someone has the kind of record on the internet that oldschool does it is hard to imagine that person having a positive real life. I don’t try to be a different person on the internet than who I am in real life. I sincerely hope that oldschool is different in real life than he is on the internet. I hope his online persona is nothing like who he really is as a human being. It would be very sad indeed if he is just like what he seems to be on the internet.

29. Catfan68
    10:27 pm December 22, 2012 Permalink

@16 @28…Linda Taylor, what you wrote is 100% correct…very well put…I couldn’t agree with more.

30. nassau65
    9:23 am December 23, 2012 Permalink

10. hypoctical, you dumbazz. you can’t even read your own writing.