Watch the 1996 Championship Team halftime ring ceremony

If you missed the ring ceremony for the 1996 Championship team during halftime of last night’s game, enjoy KYWildcatsTV’s video of it above.

Chills.

19 Comments for Watch the 1996 Championship Team halftime ring ceremony

1. RealCatsFan
    12:08 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Walker appears to be channeling his inner George Foreman. 🙂 Is he having some hip problems?

2. LC
    12:08 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Great, thanks for posting this. Any place we can see the “One Shining Moment” video of just the 1996 team that was played last night — or where we can see Mark Pope’s video they showed?

3. Adam
    12:10 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

its awesome that we honor these guys after so long i cant believe they never received a ring in the first place.. but it shows the love we have for our past to honor these guys for all they did. BBN Love always

4. James K
    12:12 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I’m an audio nerd, and normally I get annoyed when the levels clip like that, but every time it clipped in this video I loved it.

5. LittleBitLetdown
    12:15 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I attended the game last night and enjoyed the teaser video in the first half with Mark Pope and then the ceremony arrives and there is a very short “highlight” reel before introducing the players. I don’t know if it would have to do with media rights or time available but in remembering the 1996 team, perhaps the greatest in UK history, a little more “presentation” would have been nice. Great idea to give them rings and get them back together, just hoped for a little bit more. Also, it’s past time to put “00” in the rafters for Tony Delk.

6. Nerlens Fan Forever
    12:24 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Thanks for bringing our halftime ring ceremony !! Will you be able to get the One Shining Moment and Pope, and Mills videos? I love KSR radio!!# 1 in Big Blue Sports Talk radio!! NONE OTHER LIKE YA!!

7. Big Blue Swagger
    12:41 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

THE UNTOUCHABLES!!!
    Kudos to UK for getting these guys rings, even if it was more than a decade late.

We are Kentucky!
    We are Basketball!
    We are KENTUCKY BASKETBALL!!

8. LdyWldKat
    12:44 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

This is ring video to watch from last night. If you listen carefully the guy filming says I don’t know who he is when Jason Laeffeler is announced…

9. Ridge Runner
    12:44 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

awesome…..awesome! Thx Cal.

10. Paducah Patty
    12:59 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Gave me goosebumps! I teared up a bit when Epps kissed the floor.

11. Big Blue Swagger
    1:02 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Wasn’t It Jason Lathrem?? Not Laeffeler? Speaks volumes about how many minutes he got… LOL
    He’s always a wildcat though 🙂

12. Big Blue Swagger
    1:07 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Just a piece of trivia– Delk practiced his shooting baskets over a tree or a barn/shed in his backyard to get that perfect arc in his shot!
    That team was pure class! Pitino’s coaching back then was masterful.

13. J
    1:51 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Glad to see the best team in college b-ball history finally get their rings….And I hope some of the recruits get a chance to see Epps kissing the court and understand what that meant. UK isn’t just another school or another basketball program, it’s a hell of a lot more than that to the fans and the players.

14. Blue Fan in MO
    2:14 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Do you think Pitino will get a ring?

15. Smitty
    2:59 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Where was Ron Mercer? He dropped 20 in the championship game!

16. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    3:00 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

No matter what, even my name, Wayne Turner will always be my favorite Wildcat

17. kingrex
    3:22 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

#13 I hope the current players noticed it too. This whoring out of the UK program where they try to convince us a draft night is the greatest night in Uk history, is utterly ridiculous.

18. Cat89
    3:57 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I was always an Anthony Epps fan. The kid just frustrated the crap out of the other teams, especially SEC teams. His comment about this ceremony have a special meaning to him because he is a KENTUCKIAN, speaks volumes. UK needs to get the best players out of Kentucky every year, for this very reason. GBB!

19. Dude
    5:02 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Dude, why didn’t get a ring after they won?