Watch Skyler Hornback teach ’em bout Kentucky

Last night, LaRue County resident Skyler Hornback almost made history on “Jeopardy.” Watch as the twelve-year-old pulls off one of the ballsiest moves ever in Final Jeopardy.

I hear they call him the Anthony Davis of Civil War Trivia.

21 Comments for Watch Skyler Hornback teach ’em bout Kentucky

1. Alex
    8:55 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Wrong video. First.

2. Alex
    8:55 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

And of course the video gets fixed right when I send it.

3. Matt Jones
    8:57 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Just like me he will go to a superior academic institution and return to Kentucky to make a fortune

4. BurnerTurner5
    9:00 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of teach ’em bout Kentucky it appears that our guy Terrence Jones doesn’t care too much for homeless people.

5. Curadhan
    9:20 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Well, any resident of Lincoln’s birthplace county should get a question like that. Well done on the bid tho! Too bad the kids can only win a maximum of $15000 for first place!

6. Joseph
    9:20 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

I thought it was super easy at first… Then, I remembered I learned it in high school (albeit 10 years ago), and yet he’s only in the 6th grade. Well played, Skyler.

7. NashvilleCat
    9:23 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

It’s a good thing he didn’t put an extra t in Emancipation. The judges don’t cut you any slack.

8. What?
    9:32 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

#6 You didn’t learn about the Emancipation Proclamation until high school? I’m pretty sure I learned Lincoln freed the slaves in like 2nd grade, and I could pronounce the document by 3rd grade.

9. D
    9:46 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Well done young man, way to represent!

10. wrong
    9:50 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

5- that is incorrect. It’s not a maximum of $15,000, but a minimum. If you win, but don’t get to $15,000, you still receive the 15 grand. Anything you win over $15,000 is yours though.

11. Cat Fan in Georgia
    9:51 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

5 – The winning kid gets a MINIMUM of $15K – Skyler gets to keep all the cash.

12. Mark
    10:32 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Well done Skyler!

13. scoretowin9
    10:50 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Skyler received his check yesterday after a long wait. Kids’Week was taped in February. He did win the full amount. His father said they had discussed strategy if he got a lead before the match. He told him not to do anything crazy if he knew he could win. Skyler said, “you know how I am dad, go big or go home. ” Jeff said when he saw what the category was for Final jeopardy, there was no doubt Skyler was going big. Skyler is a special young man with the rare balance of confidence and humility, due to his blue collar, farm family upbringing. Keep an eye on him. He will accomplish great things.

14. Cat's Balls
    11:06 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

The kid is definately a balls out Jeopardy competitor. Sure, the Final Jeopardy wager of $30k was ballsy but he made some man-sized bets on the Daily Doubles too. Here’s the bad news. If you watched through the end credits you saw the other boy’s mother come up on stage and give him hell for crying. That poor kid will never live that shit down.

15. WOW
    11:06 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

The kid done us proud.

16. Abe
    11:18 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Kid is from LaRue County, where nearly every thing from the bank to the dairy freeze is named after Abraham Lincoln (not to mention the national park). It was a slam dunk.

17. James
    11:37 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Good for him. Someone needed to redeem Larue County after their impressive display on the Daily Show.

18. Women Everywhere
    12:24 pm August 1, 2013 Permalink

66K, Ha! The grin on his face is priceless.

19. Duh
    3:30 pm August 1, 2013 Permalink

Anyone in their right mind would bet it all at Final Jeopardy. No one will remember in 10 years if you win, but if you go big you could win a lot more money.

20. Sam
    5:30 pm August 1, 2013 Permalink

11: Yeah, keep it “all” minus 50%+ which the mafia IRS will take.

21. Number 1
    10:24 pm August 1, 2013 Permalink

First off way to go Skyler second I’m from Nelson county and I actually had the opportunity to play him 4 times in quick recall competitions. We split the series 2 2 but they were all decided by 2 points or less Skyler has been carrying his team since 6th grade and I’m glad to see his dedication is paying off