Watch Karl Towns dunk it off the shot clock

Karl Towns is currently training with the Dominican Republic National Team, but it’s not all hard work. Towns and teammate Luis Montero took a break from a recent practice to have a friendly dunk contest. Check out the video above to see Towns dunk it off the shot clock.

H/t to Anthony Wireman

7 Comments for Watch Karl Towns dunk it off the shot clock

1. Meh
    11:09 am August 14, 2013 Permalink

I would be more surprised if there was a 7 footer that couldn’t do that. It’s not really that impressive.

2. realest
    11:35 am August 14, 2013 Permalink

It must be me,but Towns don’t have hops for a big man

3. Sam
    11:51 am August 14, 2013 Permalink

Wish balls weren’t bouncing around at his feet when he’s doing stuff like that. Geez. That’s a good way to break an ankle, blow out a knee, etc.

4. Michael F. Jox
    12:07 pm August 14, 2013 Permalink

That video made me want Starbursts!

5. BBN Gary Oldman
    12:13 pm August 14, 2013 Permalink

Come on down

6. Look Out Fireworks!
    12:57 pm August 14, 2013 Permalink

So that’s what they did with all the old seats from Rupp Arena…

7. Austin
    1:06 pm August 14, 2013 Permalink

I doubt Dirk Nowitzki would look all that impressive trying to dunk like this. I hope Towns can learn to play the game like Dirk. If he found his way to the Mavs (or another team if Dirk decides to leave) some day that would be perfect. That would be an interesting article someone for KSR could write… The perfect mentor for each Cat. I will take a shot at it… This list doesn’t mean I think they will be that good, just a guy that they are somewhat similar to that they should try to emulate.

Towns = Dirk
    Randle = Lebron/Blake Griffin (I think he can be as good or better than Blake… Obviously he is not going to touch Lebron, but he has Bron’s size and is about as close to him athletically as humans get)
    Andrew HArrison= Chauncey Billups
    Aaron Harrison = Arron Afflalo (Sp?)
    James Young = James Harden