Watch Jeff Goodman and Gary Parrish discuss Ryan Harrow and Kentucky

We won’t have an update on Ryan Harrow until tomorrow when Calipari meets with the media, so watch this video of Jeff Goodman and Gary Parrish debating Kentucky and Harrow’s future to hold you over.

Harrow is officially listed as day-to-day, according to a release from UK prior to Friday night’s game.

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for Watch Jeff Goodman and Gary Parrish discuss Ryan Harrow and Kentucky

1. the rock
    6:16 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Hopefully, nothing is seriously wrong with him.

2. Truth
    6:21 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

The fact that this site has not had any real news on Harrow today is proof that this site has no sources or inside information.

3. Jones Returns
    6:21 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

i bet he transfers

4. DirtyDutchMantel
    6:26 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

He will never play for uk again. but Cal does not want to deal with the issue, so that is why you are hearing nothing. Cal will not be specific until the kid is off campus. Harrow will apply for a waiver wherever he transfers.

5. Jeff Goodman
    6:28 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Why do I look like I have downs syndrome?

6. ParrishCalsNewBeotch
    6:29 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Gary Parrish get off Cal’s sack such the Cal homer he is.

7. wow
    6:30 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Gary Parrish looks like the fairy boy from Rascal Flatts and Jeff Goodman likes to interrupt. This post was dumb.

8. Rumor
    6:30 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Rumor on campus is he went back home.

9. Korean Tacos
    6:33 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, I think it’s completely logical that despite having heard no mention of him having troubles with the team or Cal to assume he’s going to transfer. I mean, of course, it makes sense for the University to make up some fake sickness to cover up him transferring.

No way could it be that the kid might have a serious health condition and the Univ wants to make sure all info is in before it’s announced.

10. blitzedanddazed
    6:35 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Ryan Harrow was in class today.
    Harrow is suffering from chronic anemia. The UK Doctors are trying
    to figure out why Harrow is having this problem.
    No way Cal let’s Harrow play until the are sure he is healthy.

11. I'mRight
    6:35 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

yep, it is not medical. you are correct.

12. I'mRight
    6:39 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

He was not in class. Stop lying.

13. BigBrother
    6:41 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

As much as I hate Goodman and his love affair for Pitino, he is right in saying without Harrow we cannot compete with UL or IU without him. I actually was encouraged Parish was so high on the cats regardless. Both were correct in saying that we need Harrow back so Goodwin can go back to the 2 where he belongs and is his natural position. As I’ve stated before, we dont need Harrow to be a stud, we just need him to be decent and handle the ball. The scoring will come from others, we just need Harrow to run the team and not turn the ball over. If we do not have a healthy Harrow on the 29th we get run out of that gym write it down. UL is the #1 D in the country and if you watch them play or watched them last year, their D is legit. They will press us and press us and press us and turn us over like crazy without Harrow. As good as Duke is and was the other night, we havent seen a D like we will face on the 29th of December. We need Harrow and Bad!!!

14. STEVE!
    6:42 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I hope he doesn’t have the same medical condition that kept Liggins out of the lineup for 8-10 games. It’s concerning since he isn’t even sitting on the bench in street clothes.

15. DruDown
    6:47 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Tough to sit on the bench when you are at your parent’s house.

16. MJ4UK
    6:50 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

No one will run this team out of the gym

17. Ryan Harrow
    6:52 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

The reason I am not on the team is because I am sick of Cal’s antics. He can [email protected] me.

18. BigBrother
    6:54 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I’ve wondered if the All Access was too much for Harrow. Not every kid can handle that type of criticism when it’s being seen all across the country. And let’s be honest, Cal was really hard on him and rightfully so, but usually that level of coaching is only seen by the coaches and the players, not the rest of the country. That was probably very embarrassing for him and Cal has often said UK is not for everyone and if indeed Harrow leaves, the All Access was what broke him. I’m hoping what some are saying is not true and that the kid is still on campus and part of the team.

19. MJ4UK
    6:55 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

#17 you are full of bs

20. Truth
    7:02 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

18) I agree. I’m sure Harrow did not like his friends seeing Cal yell at him like that.

21. Bob Cobb
    7:07 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Not everyone is as emotionally fragile as you idiots. Dude is sick. This is not an elaborate hoax.

22. Carl
    7:11 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Goodman is a bloated looking ass. I wonder if he’s ever called in sick with ‘the flu’? He has no business calling Harrow out and what jerk dad sends their daughter to school with a fever? (One of the symptoms of ‘the flu’ is to run a fever.)

23. BigBrother
    7:14 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Hey 21, if dude is sick then why not UK and Cal coming out and saying Harrow is just sick and will be back soon as the meds kick in??? Instead we are hearing very little and what we have heard is not very encouraging. When all UK can say is “we dont know what is wrong with him”. Thats very concerning! Like size large concerning!!

24. MJ4UK
    7:17 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

#23 they have said he is sick, multiple times. There may not be any magical meds to cure what he has. May take time. Be concerned for the kid, not the team

25. Bob Cobb
    7:19 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Don’t have such a sense of entitlement. You were told he had flu like symptoms, that he worked out with the strength and conditioning guys Tuesday or Wednesday, that he could not go 100%, and that he is day to day. You will learn more from Cal tomorrow. You know so much more about this kid’s health than you have any right to know. Still, you are not happy.

26. bluefan
    7:24 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

“My daughter has the flu and she skipped off to school today.” (paraphrased) Gee, wonder why the flu spreads like crazy?!? Idiot.
    And, I for one, am very concerned about Ryan’s health.

27. BigBrother
    7:25 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I just dont have the warm and fuzzy but I’m hoping I’m freaked out over nothing.

28. Miller
    7:32 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

UK hasn’t really said he’s sick other then listing him with flu/illness, in fact the only symptom they’ve really given is no energy. Even if Harrow was under the weather at one point, you’re being ridiculously naive if you think he’s still sick. In the media fishbowl that is Kentucky how in the world could the starting PG be out for almost 2 weeks with an unidentified illness unless he wasn’t really sick. I also don’t care about the people covering for him on here because as far as I’m concerned he cost us the Duke game and that’s unforgivable on my end.

29. fb>bb
    7:36 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Harrow had anxiety attacks before games at NCST. Anxiety is hard to overcome. More pressure at UK. Wish him luck.

30. Bob Cobb
    7:39 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

He has missed two games. He played in the Maryland game about 10 mints and Cal said it was a mistake to play him because he wasn’t 100%. But you’re probably right. It is an elaborate hoax filled with plausible stories about the flu and physical weakness, and Harrow was a good sport for acting like he just wasn’t 100% versus Maryland. Don’t beclown yourself.

31. Ap
    7:42 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Guess you guys didn’t ready what Matt just put on twitter. Harrow was with the team on a treadmill today and hopes to practice tomorrow. Cal also said he has lost 7 pounds since he has been sick.

Why talk about bs rumors without any facts. Hell I heard Harrow won the powerball and has been in new York cleaning up from Sandy.

32. Clam
    7:47 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I don’t think I’ve read a thread with more fools posting. If UK is unsure of the diagnosis, then it can’t conjecture in public. This is not like a physical injury where the problem is known fully within hours. Those of you mad at him for being sick–blaming him for the Duke loss–are sad humans.

33. Rick
    7:48 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

If a player like Peyton Siva can overcome the loss of both of his testicles, and if a player like Cody Zeller can overcome Klinefelter’s Syndrome, then I’m sure that Ryan will be able to overcome whatever is ailing him as well.

Unfortunately, unlike their favorite players, most IU and U of L fans won’t be able to overcome being born with their heads up their asses.

34. Randy Marsh
    7:53 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Gary Parrish looks like an aging transgender

35. Dacci
    7:56 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Another reason for the “he’s just sick” excuse is that revealing a student athletes medical history can be a legal issue. He could have a medical condition that he does not want to be made public. Right now we just have to go on what we are hearing from legit sources, and that is that he is sick. Has Cal lied to us yet? No. Until that happens I’ll stick with what he says.

36. Yngvie Malmsteen.
    7:57 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

28- You’re a f stick.

37. e=mc spongeBob
    8:02 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

two niner: Lord, Hay Zeus.
    R U F’n serious?
    “Anxiety attacks” – that is a serious affliction.
    Especially at a MAJOR program like KENTUCKY.
    It’d be like saying, “Sorry Bruce (the Boss), I am a-scared….of all the people…stage fright, like pissin in front of the next middle eastern IT guy posted up into the adjacent stall of MY mens room”.

To be so afflicted, necessitating a transfer of programs, in this instance, is analogous to jumping from the frying pan into the Microwave all freakin’ suited up in Reynolds wrap aluminum foil.

38. bmt22033
    8:02 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

@33 – I couldn’t have said it better myself.

39. Willie Make-it
    9:08 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Seems to me that we have all lost the fact that Ryan Harrow is no more than a young kid at this juncture and point in his career. Some of these posts are submitted as if he is a veteran NBA player who has the maturity to handle the big stage he has assumed. I for for one will assume Coach Cal is dedicated to and holds the kids well being first in mind. So, if there are other issues at play here, it is likely Coach Cal is preserving the integrity of a young man who is yet to realize his ultimate purpose an future in life, what ever it holds. Whatever plays out in the end will be centered around the character and life of an individual who has a long life to live…even if it is beyond the great blue nation we all love.

40. greg
    10:04 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Jeff-your daughter would NOT be sprinting to the bus with the flu, she would likely not even get out of bed. If she did have the flu what kinda parent are you to send her to chool to infect everyone else…..yes I know it’s a BS analogy but it was an extremely poor one

41. OMG
    11:04 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Both of these mf’ers make me sick to look at and listen to. I wish nothing but bad things on both of them.

42. yevkazim
    12:06 am November 20, 2012 Permalink

Was that Gary Parish, or KD Lang discussing basketball?

43. wcatfan666
    8:49 am November 20, 2012 Permalink

I have never seen such crap. Coach Cal has brought us 3 of the greatest years since forever and all some people can do is criticize after losing 1 freaking game. Harrow did not cost us any game. What cost us the game was winning the NCAA championship and sending 6 players to the NBA (ensuring that we will continue to get top recruits). It is not even Thanksgiving. Who cares if we lose to Duke now. What matters is March. Everyone needs to shutup and sit back and enjoy the ride. I hope none of these kids or future prospects are reading these remarks. I am ashamed. Wherever we end up this year, I will be satisfied knowing whats coming next year (potentially the greatest season in basketball history 40-0 and number 9 0r 10) and what Cal has already accomplished. Trust him and be quiet or go cheer for Duke, Louisville or UNC.

44. BlueWorldOrder
    9:53 am November 20, 2012 Permalink

I always wondered what happened to “Corky” (Jeff Goodman) after that TV show “Life Goes On”.