Watch Enes Kanter, The Self-Proclaimed Unluckiest Guy Ever

enesball

I think I speak for all of us when I say, we just want to watch Enes Kanter play basketball. It has been a long road to American basketball for Enes, and thanks to the NBA lockout, he’s still traveling on it. After the year sitting on Kentucky’s pine and now the work stoppage in the pros, it is pretty easy to understand why Enes Kanter recently called himself the unluckiest guy ever.

It’s easy for me to say that I am the unluckiest guy ever. I couldn’t play in college, and right now there is the lockout. The only thing I can do is just wait,” he said.

Enes isn’t the only one patiently waiting for that first Utah game, fans of The Underkanter are also stuck in the waiting process. But don’t worry, friends, we have some Turkey to hold you over…

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Watch Enes Kanter, The Self-Proclaimed Unluckiest Guy Ever

1. The Blur
    12:16 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

The Cats would have been undefeated last year..

2. kyrobman
    12:17 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

Man I wish he could have played last year…..NCAA and Emmert you both Suck

3. Kelkat
    12:23 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

What could have been..

4. Lycanthrope
    12:35 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

Hang in there Enes. Soon that nasty lockout will be over and you’ll be ballin in the land of the Mormans. That almost sounds wrong.

5. Big Blue Mike
    12:44 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

Just lost a lot of respect for the UnderKanter. Yeah I’m pretty sure there are a lot of people that wouldn’t agree with his statement that he is the unluckiest guy ever. So you hit the genetic lottery and now you have to wait a few months before you can collect your millions. Wah…

6. Hulk Hogan
    12:56 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

Stop living in the past people. The team this year blows last year’s (with or without EK)out of Lake Cumberland.

7. Cale Barr
    1:15 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

Such a solid player.

8. Cat89
    2:18 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

What the NCAA did to this young man via the way they handled and ruled on his situation is pathetic and quite telling.
    In the end Enes will be stronger for this experience as is nearly always the case one responds in the correct manner to
    injustice or a lact of integrity. The NCAA will get what is coming to it as a result of it’s actions. The NCAA has become and is
    becoming more and more irrelevant. Look to Major Colleges and University to develop or seek another Association to be the
    governing body of athletics or a major overhaul to the way the NCAA conducts its affairs. It’s a shame Enes got caught up in
    the ineptness that is currently the NCAA.

9. REALITY
    4:33 pm August 22, 2011 Permalink

I was unimpressed by those vids. Especially the :33 – :36 sec mark of the 2nd video. He has the potential to be a less athletic Kevin Love, but the likelihood of being a complete bust is greater.