Watch Drew Barker commit to Kentucky

Watch Drew Barker announce his intentions to play football at the University of Kentucky, from the front row of the Conner High School auditorium.

Article written by Drew Franklin

26 Comments for Watch Drew Barker commit to Kentucky

1. yeah
    5:28 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

1st

2. Todd McShay
    5:29 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Huge get for the CATS!

3. kelkaT
    5:35 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Seems like a well spoken kid… Great news…welcome aboard Drew… Go Cats!!!

4. Big blue train
    5:39 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Welcome aboard the BBN Drew…

5. kennyb
    5:40 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

This is a big recruit for BBN….Go Stoops

6. TouchdownTommy
    5:41 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

And it just keeps getting better…and better…and better! But the best is yet to come. See you in CWS big fella!

7. BIGBLUEQ
    5:44 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Great day for Kentucky football. Welcome aboard Drew. Can’t wait to see the other recruits that Drew helps draw to come play with him at UK. Maybe, Kief, Berrios to throw to and Elam to protect him. I love this kid already.

8. Mike
    5:46 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Great news for UK. Welcome aboard Drew. Also I just heard that word has leaked out that Wiggins will be announcing sometime between now and Monday that he will be attending UK. Supposedly its all over the Kansas and UNC websites. Has anyone else heard of this?

9. Ridge Runner
    5:47 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Wonder if he will be as good as Morgan Newton?

10. Wildcatgal
    6:07 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Love that they played the fight song…but they should have played the air raid sirens for a QB!

11. HackRichards
    6:20 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Up Your Arse Steve Spurrier!

12. Mike
    6:22 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

I was being serious!!! Has anyone else heard that wiggins will announce for UK sometime between now and Monday?

13. Pasternicky
    6:23 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

If you are looking for a new vehicle, check out the selection and low prices at Paul Miller Ford

14. Kevin C.
    6:24 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

When you steal a QB from Spurrier…a Heisman QB himself, and notable for his QB pedigree, it’s a big deal.

15. gottodoit
    6:38 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

13 – That’s hilarious. Still laughing.

16. Stoops = cockblocker
    6:56 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Way to reel him in coach Stoops and Brown! This officially makes Stoops a (game)Cock blocker! Wooooot wooot!

17. Kev
    7:06 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

12. Yes

18. Ky_Tom
    7:12 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Drew Sure had me fooled. After listening to radio shows now for weeks, I thought UK’s chances were getting slimmer by the day. UK Coach Stoops really pulled this upset off over the Ol Ball Coach Spurrier. and you know that is not going to sit very smooth with him. Spurrier hates to lose at anything… So look for USC to try pound on the Cats hard this fall when the Cats make that visit to South Carolina..

WELCOME TO KENTUCKY DREW BARKER….HERE YOU WILL BE THE MAN….

19. opposite approaches
    7:21 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

interesting that in football, UK recruits to “be a hero” but in basketball UK recruits to “be a cog”

20. UK
    7:29 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Happy that we got Barker, but is there any word on Patterson or Lucas?

21. robics tan
    7:42 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

I tell u what…. that dang on stoops done uped and done it again, I think its safe to say hes the best coach we have ever had, recruiting is at all time highs and he has yet to lose a game, I know a lot of people liked to give barnhart a tough time, hes made a couple mistakes, but I believe when all said and done the bbn will look back and say he made some of the best hires in the history of this program in fball and bball, and he has raised the level of athletics across the board, all in the face of adversity and criticism, well done sir…Stoooooooooooooooooops

22. Justin
    7:44 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Happy that Drew Barker chose UK and would like to welcome him to the University of Kentuky and hope he has grat sucess

23. Justin
    7:45 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

*great

24. StopHammerTime
    7:47 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like the football team is oing what the basetball team has done for years, buy players. Good for you Stoops.

25. SMFH
    8:10 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

25. Good job, now lets try and put our big boy words together and form a complete sentence now….. Not bad for a u of hell grad though!

26. sgt. stadenko
    8:27 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Oh shit….#13 I am laughing my ass off at that. Totally random but brilliantly funny at the same time. Did anyone else notice how he thanked his high school coach for recruiting him or did I not hear that correctly. Anyway, good luck to you young fella. Now you can put this recruiting circus behind you, get to work over the summer to prepare for a great senior year. It will be a few years but I think we will be seeing some good things from this kid. F off Spurrier
    Stoops up side ya head….I said a Stoops up side ya head

I hope all you idiots out there that were defending Joker or even worse, playing the race card (like when Tubby left) will go shit in your fist. Now I hope you realize what an incompetent idiot of a head coach he was. Nice guy, Kentucky guy, yes…but clueless.