Watch Coach Cal’s Pre-Samford Press Conference

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Watch Coach Cal’s Pre-Samford Press Conference

1. tdogg40330
    5:20 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

no need to worry BBN, like Calipari said “this isn’t football” a few L’s won’t hurt nothin.
    I have all the confidence in the world Calipari will have them playin the best they can
    possibly play come March ….

2. Bob
    5:31 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I agree with you tdogg, however. It may be time to turn off the cameras, stop acting like prima donna’s, and get their asses to work!!!

3. Blueballn
    5:31 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Cal wasn’t worried about the SEC championship game, he sure isnt worried about three losses in November!!!!!

4. Jughead
    5:46 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

This is going to happen in modern-day college hoops. Cal’s whole shtick is to get young guys ready for March. Haters need to sleep for a month.

5. @Shimsky
    5:48 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

in Cal we trust. it doesn’t help to go to the message boards and whine. These are UK players that just got chanted off the floor of ND. I agree with about everything you said about the improvement except about Harrow, but these kids are 18. Stop acting like they owe you something.

6. tdogg40330
    5:55 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

4) Harrow will be very valuable to this team before long ….. wait and see

7. Jughead
    5:55 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Cal’s da man. Classy even when red flags are flying at half mast. He’ll help these kids get it done.

8. nassau65
    5:58 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Tipturd’s ignorance is always good for a laugh. Why he still has a job is a mystery to me. What a friggin idiot. Cal will bring these kids around, it’s just gonna take more time (and more losses) than usual. Color me not worried.

9. RabbitKY
    6:02 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

4, Do you expect UK should only be a 1-2 or 3 loss at the most team every year? I’ve got news for you, it aint gonna happen. Yes, you can be a little pissed when your team loses, but no you shouldn’t mope, bitch, and act like the sky is falling for days after taking an L and talk crap about the players who are practicing and trying to get better while you sit on your couch and practice your coaching skills. We will be fine and we will get better. You can’t win a championship and go undefeated every season. A lot of the BBN needs to get a grip.

10. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    6:17 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

This is probably the craziest suggestion ever, but does anyone think that Cal is laying off the gas this year because he just won the title and has nothing to play for anymore except history?

11. Al's IndiCats
    6:36 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

10, AMEN!!!! For idiots to tweet nothing but negativities to bunch of 18 year olds should have their collective asses kicked. I’m 62 years old and yes I can do that. WTF is wrong with you people who would do that to a kid? No one likes to lose but there’s always a winner and a loser in the game and we’ve lost sight that these kids give it their all and old dudes just bitch and moan. You want to do something constructive, go in the vile and be a fan, otherwise grow up and be a true fan….I’m off my soap box now! GO CATS !!!!!!!! SCREW you whinners!

12. Shimsky
    6:48 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Cal rocks! So do our players! So does everything about our BBN…BUT WE SUCK RIGHT NOW. WTF is that so hard for you do-gooders to hear?

13. Josh
    6:49 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Hey #18, buy this holder of eggs. Line beard

14. nassau65
    7:03 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

11. Al’s IndyCats….Initially i thought the same thing. And there are probably some idiot fans actually sending nastygrams to the players. But then i remember how many trolls we see everyday on KSR. I’d just guess the trolls are responsible for a good portion of that as well. But idiots are everywhere and i wouldn’t be surprised if UK fans were doing at least some of it. I agree-they need their asses kicked.

15. Al's IndiCats
    7:12 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

19, You’re the one that needs to get over yourself you whinny little female. This team isn’t clicking like last year’s and you’re ready to call in the mortician? Good lord man it’s only December, and unless your a habitual gambler and losing your ass trying to cover the spread you need to get an F-ING life. I’ve lived long enough to know that things happen in life, for every good year there are bound to be a rough patch. If I were a betting man, I’d bet you’re one of those little bitches who sent tweets those kids because you are not mature enough to handle a loss. Are we not playing well….A resounding NO we are not, do I think Cal will get this team to gel, time will tell. But my money’s on Cal that he will, but what we don’t need is for fans like you representing the BBN and for all we stand for. You give us a bad name, and just remember this. If it wasn’t for old dudes like us you’d be eating raw fish and Kraut.
    As For that first three words of your comment, you have none, zilch, nada, zero. GO CATS!!!!!!!! Oh yeah the only thing that blows is you….ha ha ha whinner!

16. Al's IndiCats
    7:14 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

14 there is absolutly no doubt some of those nasty tweets came from UK fans I’d bet my house on it. just a buch of IDIOTS!!!!!

17. Smithers
    7:31 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Even though I agree with you”Al’s IndiCats”, If you would bet your house on it; You sir, Would be the idiot.

18. Al's IndiCats
    7:45 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

17, how right you are sir, right after I gave that dude the idiot speech!

19. Al's IndiCats
    7:56 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I remember listening to Cawood calling the games in the late 50s, and so help me I’d be depressed with every game we lost, all the way up to the 90s. The Duke game in 92, I was in a funk for damn near a whole week. Vendication came with Pitino and Tubby, and with the dark ages with Clyde I knew we’d get a coach who was made for UK and Cal’s that coach. I don’t undersatnd how a grown person would tell a kid who’s just 6 months removed from HS, telling him how terrible he is on a game. Multimedia has it pluses and it minuses, and this has to be the bottom of the barrel. Yeah I’m old, and if you’re lucky, blessed, whatever you want to call it you’ll get to be and OLD UK fan also!

20. In Cal We Trust
    8:18 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Cal said on his radio show that Jorts got better after they cut off his twitter. So, I guess it is time to remove some twitters.

21. Delk for 3
    8:51 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Thinking about the Louisville game. How bad is it for Louisville that they haven’t beaten us in four straight games and they will have ALL the expectations and pressure to beat us in what is a major rivalry game? Kentucky will be a decided underdog going into the game and will be able to be loose and play with a “shock the world” mentality. Louisville will have more pressure on them to win this one than I can ever recall in the history of the rivalry. I think this will play in Kentucky’s favor in a very big way.

22. RaleighCat
    9:08 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I don’t care that we’ve lost a couple of games but I do care about the lack of effort. And that’s something Cal can only affect so much. Our guys need to get in the gym and work. It sounds like they’re starting to understand what it takes to be great. Much work still needs to occur. I fully expect they’ll figure things out.

23. mwgocats
    9:30 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

This team doesn’t play hard.

24. Earl
    9:40 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I’m not complaining so much about cal, although he has flubbed up a few times this season. What I’m complaining about there lazy a$$ effort. That’s what is ridiculous, it’s like they think everybody is going to just lay down for them.