Watch Archie Goodwin at the NBA Draft Combine

Goodwin_Archie_TV Head 12-13

The NBA Draft Combine is live over on ESPN2 and Archie Goodwin is among the prospects scheduled to participate today. Tune in to watch Archie work to improve his stock while Jay Williams, Fran Fraschilla, Chad Ford and the guys discuss his potential and the new crop of soon-to-be professionals.

On this morning’s show, Cal said three teams called him about Archie and they all said they love his game despite the fact he’s essentially a high school player who doesn’t have a defined position yet.

This week’s combine will play a big role in getting other teams on board, too.

Article written by Drew Franklin

33 Comments for Watch Archie Goodwin at the NBA Draft Combine

1. Just Say'n
    1:23 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Hope Archie does make an NBA team next year. Archie would have been hard pressed to make the Wildcat’s team with the roster we will have. Good luck Archie,,, see ya.

2. Merlin's
    1:24 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

He’s essentially a high school player?

3. I Say
    1:28 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

2 They say that because he is only 18.

4. KevinM
    1:30 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie, welcome to the NBDL as that is where you are going to learn your craft.

5. NineWillBeFine
    1:31 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Best of luck to Archie. I think he made a mistake going pro based on his skill set, but with the twins, and James Young potentially taking some time at SG I’m not sure he would have had a chance to shine next season. Plus, in next years draft I’m not sure he would crack the first round. Glad he could take the money on offer now, and hopefully he can improve his jumper and listen to coaching a little more.

6. UK13
    1:31 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

No thanks watched enough of Archie last year…

7. I Say
    1:32 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Versus the majority of players in this draft who stayed 3-4 years and are polished, unlike archie.

8. kyeric
    1:33 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

I think he will be a great wing player for the Omaha Feeteaters.

9. Yep
    1:33 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

#2, that’s what he looks like to me. I’m with you #6, one season is all I could stand to watch that.

10. I say old chap
    1:34 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

#3 they also say that because even college freshmen don’t regularly try to go to the basket 1 on 3 on a fast break, with an open teammate, turn their back to the basket and throw a prayer of a shot against the shot clock. Most kids figure that out one month into their first college season. Or the coach pulls them.

11. AnthonyBBN
    1:35 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie is a really nice kid, he made a business decision and went the way he felt was best for him and his family. I truly hope can polish his game a few years down the line he matures into a really good pro. Right now Cal is right, he is a kid, he probably has a couple rough years ahead but he is a Wildcat, he will always be a Wildcat, and dammit its our job as fans to wish him well and hope he does well.

12. FrankTheTank
    1:37 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

see ya bro. You made a lasting impression with every UK fan. I think we can all agree it is disappointing it didn’t go as planned. The wink on the ESPN special, along with all of the highlights had us all very optimistic. Your inability to make good decisions and be a leader will hopefully be traits you can develop. The BBN will support you and I think we are all hopefull you will prove us wrong.

13. H.A. Milton
    1:55 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie who?

14. Show Time
    1:58 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie will be on an NBA roster for a long time! Last years team had no pg, no leadership and he could not thrive with that bad mixture! He showed flashes of brilliance along with some frustration. But overall, I think he will be a stud one day if he can work on his mid range game and his composure. What better place to learn all that than the NBA? People need to quit judging his decision like you know his situation in life. Just thank him for working hard and blessing us with his services for a year. Kid worked hard and showed passion, that’s all you can ask for!

15. Agree with AnthonyBBN
    2:01 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

I agree 100%with AnthonyBBN…I’ll be cheering Archie during every step of his journey.

16. Jrock
    2:03 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know why some of you all are bashing the kid. Sure he made some bad decisions, but aside from Nerlens Noel, Archie was the only one who consistently played with passion and a fire in his belly. That is certainly something to be respected. He’ll be a good ball player at the next level when its all said and done.

17. lribookend
    2:03 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

I wish him the best of everything. He tried hard at UK. I really dislike “fans” who sit in judgement of players. They are probably a bunch of loser couch potatoes who couldn’t play basketball earlier in life, and are resentful. Get a life.
    Once a ‘Cat, always a ‘Cat

18. lribookend
    2:05 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

sorry for the duplicate post….I have been having problems on many sites in this regard…..I have no idea why it happens.

19. hell cat
    2:08 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Get off Archie’s back. He played his ass off and has a bright future. True UK fans wish him and all former Cats, whether they stay 4 years or not, the best.

20. AnthonyBBN
    2:16 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

So I am watching the combine at work (thanks smart phone) and looking forward to see Archie in action. Oladipo came off a little douchie though, “Oh I’d love to compete but my agent doesn’t think it would be a good idea for me.” Then why the hell are you there?

21. Show Time
    2:17 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

We need to start a movement of positivity and erase all the negative sorry a$$ fans that bad mouth OUR boys and young men that represent this University well! With the exception of Daniel Ortons one mistake, we have had some class acts that did whats best for their future and also did it while doing it the right way. I know we have the occasional trolls, but i see a lot of idiotic post on here and twitter that make the BBN look bad to either other recruits or the current coaching staffs. That is not a good way to stick out to the nation! We love our Kentucky sports and have the most passionate fan base, but it should be done with good passion, not an obsessive negative one!

22. NineWillBeFine
    2:31 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

20-

You answered your own question. Oladipo is there bc he’s a douche.

23. AnthonyBBN
    2:51 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

So they did some talking up of Archie, a couple guys were afraid he didn’t improve over the year (they were wrong, made a little improvement towards the end of the season, he got to where he was only averaging two OMG moments after Cal gave him 2), I agree that he probably should be a point guard and in a couple years he can be a stud. Remember, Archie is just 18 years old, the youngest guy in the draft.

24. ryan
    2:54 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

This guy played at UK? Football?

25. Dave Brocktons
    2:57 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie is a really nice guy that played and tried really hard. We should all wish him the very best and show him what’s it’s like to have the BBN behind you.

26. lribookend
    2:58 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Great Post, #21 Show Time. The same “fans” who think they are so smart badmouthing our players, wonder why a top recruit decides to go somewhere else……idiots! Save your venom for duke or ks or nc or ucla.

27. UK#9
    3:22 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

#BBN has plenty of great fans, but the ones on here bashing players that they were cheering for just 2 months ago make me sick. Do us all a favor and leave BBN, we do not want you here.

28. Steady
    3:37 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

God luck to The University of Archie Goodwin.

29. Bradsd
    6:19 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

People are not bashing Archie Goodwin, telling the truth is not bashing. Anyone that knows anything about basketball knew that he was not good enough to play in the pros except for Archie Goodwin. He should have been a four year player at UK because he has no skill sets in the game of basketball. He could have developed them over a long time I think but took bad info from someone. He can jump well, slash a bit and is tall! Please name one other skill he has in the game, I dare you. I could name a ton of bad ones. I am sorry but that doesn’t get it done in the world of the NBA where the best players in the world reside.
    I pull for all UK players but it pains me to see this sort of stupidity with a mans career or should I say should have been career. If he is lucky enough to find a team to take him he is one and done bench warmer and on the street next year.

30. Sad_Cat
    6:40 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Do you people not realize that Archie had to do this. No way in hell he makes the first round in next years draft, and he has a shot at making it this year. Backtrack a little and realize that he was our only option at the guard spot. 5’9 Ryan harrow and an even smaller Mayes at the 2. Archie would have fit in great with the incoming class, its a shame that we will never never happen

31. BlueTruth
    1:14 am May 17, 2013 Permalink

@27, grow up. I never cheered for Archie.

32. OL' PIX
    6:34 am May 17, 2013 Permalink

==== Only a masochist would EVER want to watch Archie Can’twin …….

In one game I saw him run over three players, an official, and a gaggle of cheerleaders on ONE PLAY !!!!

His shot was so bad …… he could dent back rims !

If you look back at game tapes …… you will see him hit the deck every time that he drove the ball to the basket and didn’t score …….. he would literally just FALL DOWN !!!!

Good riddance … I’d rather watch paint dry !

====

33. Bobo
    8:06 am May 17, 2013 Permalink

I was going to watch him but then I decided to stab my feet with a fire poker covered in venom.