Watch Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein discuss their decisions to return

Videos courtesy of KY Wildcats TV, the leader in UK-related videos on YouTube.

Willie Cauley-Stein’s glasses courtesy of… ummm… I don’t know what to say about those glasses.

Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for Watch Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein discuss their decisions to return

1. HillbillyInBC
    4:21 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I wore a pair just like those back in 1975.

2. Waveydavey
    4:21 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Really Tauley Stein’s glasses are classic and he’s just the guy that can pull them off!!

3. KCS
    4:23 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Glasses are old school Foster Grant style. Better to see number 9 with…

4. 916
    4:23 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

JESSE!

5. Specks
    4:24 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

RAD!

6. Tom Crean is a Troll Doll
    4:24 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Leave it to Jerry Tipton to try and extract any negative info from an interview. He doesn’t ask the ‘hard’ questions, his questions reveal that he has a negative mindset before he even asks a question. He makes players feel awkward. I wish he would go cover IU sports.

7. Shawn
    4:31 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

My grandpa has the exact same pair and he gets mad gash.

8. Big Blue 66
    4:31 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

those are classic Jeffrey Dahmers

9. BOSOX
    4:32 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Cauley Stein is correct, you cant get better dominating in practice against walk on espeically at high profile schools! Same for kids at Alabama football team; you go there cause its the best of the best everyday…. Nothing against Brian Long but you cant get better yourself if he (Brain Long) wouldnt even start at Berea College!!!

10. Rae
    4:33 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Willie stole Jerry Tipton’s new glasses.

11. Brian Long
    4:33 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I thought I did pretty good against Willie!

12. Bulldawg
    4:33 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

WCS is speakin’ my language. WCS and AP could be the difference. Leaders aren’t born, they’re made. GO CATS!!

13. ron jeremy
    4:37 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

HAWT

14. Winston
    4:38 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Wasn’t Raquel Welch wearing those in her Foster Grant ads?

15. Cats r Back

Lee
    Hawkins
    Willis

That’s just crazy.

16. Kristen Geil's Abs
    4:50 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Jerry Tipton is the opposite of me.

17. cizzell
    4:51 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Andy Rooney’s old ones.

18. Axe Cop
    4:52 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Those glasses remind me of Jeffrey Dahlmer

19. Abe Lincoln
    4:57 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

TRILL!!!!!

20. Shaun
    4:58 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

That’s some kinda spectacle to see!

21. Linda Taylor
    5:02 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

For all of those who would make fun of glasses with large lenses please answer this one question. Would you rather be in traffic on the highway with other drivers wearing those tiny little glasses that are so popular now that provide a very small field of vision in focus or would you rather have other drivers have as large a field of vision in focus as possible?

22. Steve says:
    5:26 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Intellectual

23. FourEyes
    5:36 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Last checked contacts are pretty small, and how lazy does a person have to be if they cant turn their head and have to rely on just moving their eyeballs.

24. GuinessWorldRecords
    5:39 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Alex Poythress has just broke a new guiness world record….most “you knows” in the history of interview

25. WildcatRX7
    5:41 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

#24, I blame Brian Long and Sam Malone for not getting him prepared enough for the interview.

26. HillbillyInBC
    5:43 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

21 – If your eyesight is as bad as mine, only a tiny portion of the lens directly in front of the pupil offers the proper correction anyway and a large lens only drives up the thickness and weight and cost for zero benefit.

27. that dude says
    5:44 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I swear the only words in this dudes vocabulary is “you know”

28. UK Fan #5
    5:57 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

#SWAGTASTIC

29. Pro-Fessor
    6:01 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Wow..WCS is such an articulate and intelligent young man. Need more like him on the squad !!!

30. Linda Taylor
    6:52 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

23 – Not everyone can tolerate contacts, nor do doctors recommend them for everyone, especially if they can only see out of one eye. When you don’t have a backup you don’t take unneeded chances and glasses offer protection that contacts don’t. I could tolerate wearing contacts when I was a teenager and in my early twenties but started having problems with them as I got older. I’ve tried many times to go back to contacts without success and the eye doctors are insistent now that I only use glasses. Also your four eyes reference does not apply to me as I can only see out of one eye.
    26 – Not true. Have you ever heard of peripheral vision? High index lenses help tremendously with weight and thickness. Titanium frames are also very light (plus babies and little kids can’t harm them). And my eyesight is probably worse than yours. If I don’t have glasses on I can only focus on my hand if it is about 2 inches from my face. Also, since the second to last time I got new glasses I started to need bifocal lenses and need more depth in the lens to make room for the bifocal, though my new glasses have no line multifocal lenses that work much better for the computer and reading music. When choosing new glasses I can’t see what they look like anyway without corrective lenses already in them so it’s a crap shoot whether they will look good or not so utility and comfort are the most important things in choosing a new pair of glasses for me. Believe me, I am a much safer driver when I see clearly out of as large an area as possible including my peripheral vision, especially since I can only see out of one of my eyes. If someone wants to judge me because of the type of glasses I wear, well, I couldn’t care less. It says more about them than it does me.

31. Pearl Vizshun
    7:07 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

….Courtesy of Kmart, goggles4u.com, ValueCity, or the local thrift shop.

32. The real deal Holyfield
    7:35 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Alex is a mark and a buster. I am looking forward to his bitch ass being buried on the bench next season afte the makes a weak as attempt to block someone out.

33. nccat
    8:11 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

WCS is a very!! handsome young man!…just sayin’/////

34. mudcreekmark
    8:24 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

32)His next block out will be his first.

35. Bigcat4453
    8:44 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I’m suprised no one said his glasses look like Harry Carey’s..

36. HillbillyInBC
    8:52 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

30 – I’ve heard of peripheral vision, but I don’t have any. Massive astigmatism on top of massive myopia on top of significant field curvature. The same correction which works when I look straight ahead doesn’t just a few degrees off-axis. And on top of all that I’m stereoblind and have no depth perception.

37. Linda Taylor
    10:31 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

36 – Everyone who can only see out of one eye is stereoblind. 3D movies give me migraines and of course there is no 3D effect for me. When I took driver’s ed in high school we took depth perception tests where we were supposed to line up 2 pieces of wood from a distance using string. The most we were supposed to be off was 1 inch. I was off by 6 inches. My teacher thought I was being a smart aleck. I wasn’t. I too have significant astigmatism and myopia that was a result of eye surgery I had when I was 3 1/2. Because I couldn’t see out of my left eye, it was wandering all over the place so the opthalmologist performed a muscle tie surgery where he tied the muscle from my left eye to my right eye. Never trust nurses when they ask you if you would like to take a ride in a wheel chair. They’ll wheel you right into the OR. My right eye controls both eyes now, but at a price. Doctors told my parents that I would start needing glasses by the time I was in 3rd grade and they were correct. I don’t know why the muscle tie caused me to have terrible myopia and astigmatism in my good eye but it did. I’ve never let my eye problems have a negative effect on my life and am just thankful I can see well with correction in my good eye no matter how thick my lenses are.

38. John
    12:07 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

If I was the interviewer who interviewed Poythress I would say “No I don’t know, could you please explain it for me?” everytime he said “you know” Lol

39. joe
    12:08 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

No Alex, we don’t know!!!!!!!!

40. Trump
    12:39 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

$5 for whoever can tell me how many times Alex says “You know”.

41. tdogg40330
    6:04 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

40) 42 times, where’s my money ?? lol

42. FourEyes
    9:45 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

My goodness #30, I was referring to myself as Four Eyes. I am not a fan of large lens glasses. Its not always about you.

43. d
    10:46 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

i counted 45 “you knows”

44. mike
    1:37 pm April 23, 2013 Permalink

I made those glasses for him, I believe he is the only person to pull it off , however, I ordered 5 more pair just in case Big Willy starts a trend!