Walter McCarty Stops By The KSTV Studio

You heard him some this morning on the radio show and you’ll probably see him tonight while you’re out at Big Blue Country, but former Kentucky basketball star Walter McCarty also stopped by to co-host KSTV today. In the final segment, Walter answered some questions from Matt and Tony about his UK memories, his relationship with Rick Pitino and what it was like coaching for the Cards. Check it out.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

14 Comments for Walter McCarty Stops By The KSTV Studio

1. The Nature Boy
    8:11 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Wooooo!

2. Mister Cobbler
    8:28 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

“I love Walta!”

3. blitzedanddazed
    8:30 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Come on Matt, once a UK player goes over to the Dark Side he is never the same in the eyes of a true UK fan.

4. Catfan55
    9:14 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

But once he leaves the dark side… We embrace!!! Once a cat… Always a cat!!

5. shoes
    9:19 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

#3, That’s what I have been thinking since the radio show.. do people realize how hard this guy recruited AGAINST UK? Him and Masiello are not part of UK anymore

6. Big Blue 66
    9:24 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Hey, when you are trying to make a career out of coaching, you use your contacts and do the best you can for your family. Walter is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, hes a cat for life in my book, great person, best of luck with whatever you do!

7. Repost
    9:47 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Nice re-post! Struggling for content I see!

8. Bilhelm
    9:49 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Matt and company… U left radio gold on the freaking table…. How did you not have him break down the lousyville 12days of Christmas??? “thee fen heh!” so disappointed in you all! Try harder.

9. bigbluedude
    10:03 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

if he coached ANYWHERE ELSE, it would be ok. but he CHOSE linebeard u, therefore, he is nothing more than a pitino type trader in my eyes

10. ghost of players past
    10:27 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

You say they recruited real hard against UK, well they don’t have anything to show for it. I think RP and some former players just went to ul to fu$^ up their program. That looks like they are doing a real good job of that. RP always talks about how he left camelot, well he may have but he has put a real butthurt on them card fans.

11. RP_McMurphy
    10:48 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

I wanna see that Cow that went Meow, Meow…………

12. Big Brother
    10:54 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

Yeah I wanted more also… I wanted questions like how bad does Fiftino hate Calipari ?, how does Pitino feel about taking a back seat to Cal in the state now ?, does Pitino realize Calipari is the best recruiter in the game ?, how bad did and does Pitino hate losing to Cal back to back and soon to be a 3rd straight year? Those are the ?s I wanted Matt. Damn dude your getting soft on us.

13. Chrush
    2:27 pm September 30, 2011 Permalink

Had to do a double take! That photo of Vanetti looks just like Billy Gillespie!!!

14. catstang
    5:48 pm September 30, 2011 Permalink

loved Walter at UK one of my all time Favorites. But saw him out in Louisville with the ugly red on and it turned my stomach. It can never be the same.