Walter McCarty Close To Landing First Head Coaching Job?

Could yet another former Cat be close to entering the college coaching ranks? According to Adrian Wojnarowski Sir Walter to the Alter could be crooning in Teaneck, New Jersey next season.

I know I’m as surprised as you are. Fairleigh Dickinson has sources. McCarty spent a couple of years as an assistant at Louisville before making the leap to assist in the NBA for the Pacers. Best of luck to McCarty. Hopefully he will be able to turn the Knights after a 7-24 finish to land them dead last in the NEC conference.

Article written by Andrew Cassady

Follow me @ACassady_KSR

29 Comments for Walter McCarty Close To Landing First Head Coaching Job?

1. James
    4:04 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Two great choices. Ruland (Played for Jimmy V at Iona) and McCarthy (Played for Kentucky’s last good coach / Rick Pitino).

2. Eastern Kentucky Citizen
    4:14 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I ain’t get it. Why wouldn’t he just get on welfare like the rest of us in the BBN. Is he trying to say he’s better than us cuz he’s gettin a job?

3. GYERO
    4:14 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Shit. Who gives a?

4. fly on the wall at the NCAA bracket headquarters
    4:15 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

i have it on goooood authority that the cats will be defending their NCAA title !

5. Rick Pitino
    4:20 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

You’re welcome Walter.

6. Fire Cal Now
    4:25 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

4. That good authority is called Twitter! CBS crew is at Cal’s house and the NCAA already let him know the Cats got in.

What a bunch of BS! This team had no business playing another game.

7. mashburnfan1
    4:27 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hope Walter gets the chance. Good luck.

8. Fire Cal
    4:27 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

And I have no business posting here but life ain’t fair is it.

9. Eastern Kentucky Citizen
    4:29 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

My stereotypes seem endless,but if you read closely, they are basically all the same. Yet I keep posting. Why?

10. Chane Behanan
    4:29 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

UK sucks..point.blank.period.

11. Rumor
    4:30 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hearing the NIT has us slotted as a 4 seed.

12. mashburnfan1
    4:32 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

4 and 6} if this is true then maybe Mashburn is right and it came to business. Think about it, put UK in the play in game and Dayton actually may sell out. If UK wins the next arena will be full for at least 1 session. That is the only way this group got in if 4 and 6 are correct. BBN effect….PS I still don’t think it is right.

13. Fire Cal Now
    4:34 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

It’s true. Matt Jones just tweeted it out as well.

Sucks the NCAA is turning March Madness into the BCS.

14. Eastern Kentuckian
    4:34 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

9. It caint be a stereotype if it true.

15. jetblue
    4:35 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

@12. Dayton has been sold out.

16. Fire Cal
    4:40 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Although my ghetto school is riddled with STDs off of mangy rats that crawl all over my campus I still LUV Uvel!

17. ThatsAShame
    4:41 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Bracket projection:
    If UK gets in the next section will be filled with people complaining about the draw.

18. Chane Behanan
    4:42 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

All class, ain’t I? Gosh I better hope U of L wins it all. Otherwise I will look stupid. Actually I already look stupid with this post…

19. Eastern Kentuckian
    4:43 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I am a Moron. Now I’m trying to educate people…

20. ThatsAShame
    4:44 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m an Idiot but I need people to pay attention to me.

21. SexnNursinHomes
    4:44 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

ul fans are child molesters

22. Rumor
    4:44 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hearing my fake GED has been revoked.

23. Al's IndiCats
    4:48 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Sexn, I wouldn’t let a Uvel fan watch the fleas that escaped from his granny’s panties….along with the crabs!

24. SexnNursinHomes
    4:50 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

23- that is so true Al. Sickos. Hope all those card fans get castrated

25. Diehard Uvel fan
    4:51 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Ain’t me da smartest thang that I gadguated….Gaduuated from Fries to tda drive ’em up winders, want kechup wit dem fries?

26. mudcreekmark
    4:52 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I cannot believe people are still talking about us getting in. We are not getting into the tourny. We don’t deserve it. We had our chance and all we had to do was beat a really bad Vandy team. Not only did we lose the game, but we acted like we could care less. We played like we had nothing riding on the outcome of the game. We are getting what we deserve, left out. We will lose our first game in the NIT also. If we couldn’t get motivated to win a one and done game against Vandy, do you really think we will be fired up to play in the NIT?

27. Ummmm
    5:02 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hoops signees capped off undefeated season last night with state title. Guess that doesn’t merit at least a mention on KSR.

28. Tomcat9698
    5:38 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Yeah what gives with no mention of Marion Co.and their 2 Ky.signees!!! I watched the Sat.morning game when they played Anderson Co.and Maykala is the real deal.She is the ultimate point guard and to think of it,i wish our mens team had her toughness.I find it hard to believe we’re getting in the big dance so must be some trollers saying that to get our hopes up and have us disappointed when our names not mentioned.Little do they know but who gives a flying sh=t if we get in or not?

29. mudcreekmark
    5:48 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

28) I don’t know how many on here actually watch UK womens team but I watch them every chance I can. They play a very entertaining brand of ball. I’ve never seen a team push the ball like they do. Their only problem in the past was we were too small around the rim. In half court defense we were getting killed and we couldn’t score around the basket. This year we have a couple of really good big girls down low. There still a pretty good gap to make up before we can compete for a title or make it to the final four but we are closing that gap each year. I don’t think we can make it this year but maybe with the incoming freshmen and what we have coming back, we may finally get over the hump next year.