Wall, Cousins chosen for USA Select

As Anthony Davis prepares for a possible shot to represent his country in the upcoming London Olympics, a couple of other former Kentucky stars will also be getting some run with USA Basketball this summer. John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins have been chosen to play for the USA Select team, which is a group of young players that will play against the National Team to help them prepare for the Olympic Games. It was rumored briefly that Cousins would have a chance to make the National team after injuries left their front court depleted, but instead he’ll be a part of the USA Select, which often serves as a stepping stone to playing for the Olympic Team in the future. Here is the full list of players that were chosen for the Select squad:

DeMarcus Cousins — Kings
Derrick Favors — Jazz

Article written by Hunter Campbell

I used to write here.

16 Comments for Wall, Cousins chosen for USA Select

1. UK Wildcatd
    6:02 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Having Jeremy Lin on a future US Olympic team would be absolutely hilarious.

2. Pretty Steve
    6:09 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Congrats on making the B team?

3. Jus Sayin
    6:12 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

This group will not help the National Team get ready.

Jeremy Lin and Klay Thompson play in systems that enflate stats. They arent as good as people think and it will show when they play.

Taj Gibson shouldnt have made it either.

Brandon Jennings?
    Greg Monroe?

4. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    6:15 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Lots of talented young players on this list. No complaints here. Maybe Evan Turner though?

5. nolablue
    6:20 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

I never was a huge fan of the Olympics. So, can someone please explain to me how the Olympics
    is supposed to be the greatest expose of AMATEUR athletes from all nations, and yet now everyone
    sends players from professional leagues? No, seriously. I’m asking. When did that change?

6. really
    6:21 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

love j-wall but god he looks stoned in every picture lol

7. really
    6:23 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

also 5.. i believe it was in the mid to late 80s, could be wrong.

8. UK Wildcat
    6:25 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

We had to show our dominance over every other country during the cold war. Duh.

9. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    6:27 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Also, can anyone (preferably a writer for this site) update us on Tony Trocha. I know he’s kind of a mystery since he just moved to the US and reclassified from 2013, but he or Montrezl Harrell will be the final piece to the class. From what I hear, Harrell could contribute more right away, but Trocha has a chance to be a lottery pick in a couple years. If anyone could help him become that, it’s the guy coaching our team.

10. nolablue
    6:44 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

FWIW, this is the most sensible reply to the question I asked:

*shrug* Why don’t they allow pros in all the other sports to compete too, then? Craziness.
    Where’s Marc Emmert an’ Petey Thamel when you need ’em???

11. SayHarrowToTheRepeat
    7:04 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Thank you for capitalizing the ‘M’ in DeMarcus. It always irritates me when I see his name on here and the
    M’ isn’t capitalized.

12. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    7:11 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Really? That irritates you? I give you props for your name though, very funny lol

13. SayHarrowToTheRepeat
    7:12 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

12, Yeah it just bugs me for some reason, I guess I’m just picky about those kind of things lol.

And thanks for the props.

14. Sean
    7:18 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

After the year he had, Cousins should be a candidate for the Olympic team. They only thing keeping him off was his attitude. Which is a shame. I hope he can move past that and be the superstar we all know he can become!! Go Big Cuz!!

15. Guest
    8:21 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

1- what would be so hilarious about an American on the US Olympic team?

16. Duke sucks
    8:37 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Big Cuz IS better than Davis. I don’t think it’s even close. Attitude aside if your starting a team from scratch who would you take over that skilled a bigman.