Vote for this week’s “Helmet Dunk” on CoachCal.com

The Kentucky basketball team needs your help selecting this week’s “Helmet Dunk” winner from practice. The nominees are Nerlens Noel’s one-handed slam over Cauley-Stein; Alex Poythress dunking on Kyle Wiltjer; and Nerlens drawing a foul and dunking on Willie again. Head over to CoachCal.com to watch the videos and vote for your favorite.

Whoever was on the receiving end of the winning jam will have to keep the blue UK football helmet in his locker until someone else is posterized.

Happy Dunking.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Vote for this week’s “Helmet Dunk” on CoachCal.com

1. FRET NOT
    12:20 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

Listening to the podcast. Why do people think they are being original when they blame Mitch or the athletic department? They act like no one has ever said that before.

2. Repeating Ryan
    12:25 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

I love to repeat everything Matt says because I don’t have original thoughts of my own. No wonder my wife had a fling with Saul Smith. I’m a winner.

3. Get a clue!
    12:33 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

It wasn’t his wife. It was a girlfriend at the time. Ryan is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he is awesome just the way he is. Hilarious!

4. Han
    12:36 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

1) It’s like when people call into the radio show with a new idea: UK should move to another conference so they can win!

Like we don’t hear that crap all the time.

5. Amaze Pants
    1:10 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

Can we talk about the Helmet Dunk voting? I’m going with the one where Wiltjer gets absolutely shook and baked by Poythress.

6. TrinityPills
    2:31 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

5 – What am I missing? I didn’t see Notre Dame or Oklahoma State anywhere on those lists?

7. da'vote
    2:36 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

My vote is for joker. He gets “dunked on” hard every week. Its almost like he doesn’t care if the team wins or loses, since he’s getting paid millions. Wait just a second…

8. RealCatsFan
    3:04 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

Nerlens’ left handed jam of Willie was epic – gets my vote. However, I hate to say it, Nerlens, but a dunk in practice just can’t compare to the dunk by Willie on national TV at BBM. That picture listed above is just epic – now THAT is getting posterized! Maybe Nerlens will truly get his chance at redemption during the Blue/White scrimmage.

I like the idea of tough competition in practice, but at the same time I worry that it could lead to injuries if these guys take too many risks to keep from getting saddled with the helmet.

9. blueballer
    3:22 pm October 22, 2012 Permalink

To me it’s the first Noel dunk, hands-down. That proves that, even if he doesn’t have the slick post moves down yet, NN has the quickness and agility to make plays over tall, athletic defenders. Look how far and fast he goes from first touch to dunk… remarkable.