Vols to receive official NCAA letter this week

According to the beard master, Clay Travis, the University of Tennessee will receive an official letter from the NCAA regarding their findings in Bruce Pearl’s phone calls/lying/barbecue fiasco early this week and the findings will be public 24 hours after that.  Bruce Pearl has already served an eight-game suspension handed out by the SEC and now could face even more punishment when the NCAA makes their ruling.  CBS’ Gary Parrish told Matt a few weeks ago that he believes that Pearl could face a one-year suspension and possibly more.  Maybe the Vols will hang his orange blazer or sweaty man boobs from the rafters with Allan Houston’s jersey March 6 when the Cats visit for the season finale.

Get your tissues ready.  There will be tears.

In related news, the NCAA will reportedly cite UConn coach Jim Calhoun for “failing to create an atmosphere of compliance” and place a two-year show cause penalty on former assistant Beau Archibald.  The Huskies will not receive a postseason ban, which would have been extra nice for UK, who is in with a number of recruits in the northeast.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

53 Comments for Vols to receive official NCAA letter this week

1. BG Man
    10:52 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

I say Bruce ends up at WKU. If UT keeps a man after a one year ban then they are an absolute joke.

2. gocats123
    10:53 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

So Beez what does the show cause penalty entail… ?

3. SexnNursinHomes
    10:53 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

This is the same as Moses receiving the official Ten Comandments. Bruce is truly Jesus.

4. Sweetcakes
    10:54 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

so its possible for a man to be crucified more than once? BP is invincible!

5. ByeByeBirdie
    10:56 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

Pearls come from oysters. I don’t like oysters. They are slimy.

6. Catlanta
    10:57 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

That’s just rude to put that picture up that big…. ’bout to lose my breakfast…

7. enes
    10:59 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

The original enes says: UT will not take any action regardless what the NCAA does. If the NCAA gives him a one year suspension UT will put him on paid leave for that year. We are not dealing with a class organization at UT. Beware the fake enes!

8. Thomas Beisner
    11:00 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

2, my mistake….it was Calhoun’s assistant, not him. It basically serves as a ban and makes a new school wanting to hire him could face sanctions and would have to face the NCAA Infractions Committee.

9. Michael C.
    11:02 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

1. We know they’re a joke. Low down, dirty, snitchin, %*$&#(!

10. SexnNursinHomes
    11:03 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

8- I hear IU may have a spot open for Pearl after this season.

11. bandalumnus
    11:06 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

Personally, I hope Bruce is able to survive this because I think he’s good for the SEC – competition-wise. I like that Tennessee is competitive, and that we’re still able to beat them. I think Pearl is funny and engaging, but I hate that he cheated and lied about it. I don’t think what he did gained him an advantage, per se, but I do think he made a huge mistake in not self-reporting what he did. Had he reported the infraction himself, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist. I just hate the idea that we might not get to beat up on Bruce and his bravado going forward.

12. Kanter Banter
    11:13 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

I think Pearl will step down (back room deal with UT). He won’t be allowed to coach for 1 year and UT will be on probation (recruiting). Pearl will be on TV next season and coach again (don’t worry UK fans we’ll get to hate him again). I don’t know who will take him but I can see him out west.

13. Cal Purnell here
    11:18 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

Pearl to Wyoming where the buffalo roam

14. Richard Stansbury
    11:19 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

Does this mean macon-volfan will be jumping from the vol ship?

15. Eloy Po' Boy
    11:22 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

I wonder if his tears leave streaks down his orange face

16. Mr Schwump
    11:24 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

Don’t hold your breath for the hammer to fall. This is Snitch U you know.

17. Richard Stansbury
    11:26 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

Bruce is a cry-baby!

18. Just saying
    11:31 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

I hear theyre gonna make him wear an ugly-azz orange jacket to rivalry games, and dress-up in orange body paint for the womens games. That will teach him, oh wait…nevermind

19. Mr Schwump
    11:32 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

BP stays, UT continues to lose and people on here continue to think he’s a great coach. Amazing.

20. NegativeForNoReason
    11:33 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

So is today the Holy Thursday for Bruce? #JesusLike #Suckitvols

21. he's no dummy
    11:33 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

theyre used to court hearings in UT land, Im sure Bruce has a list of names of coaches he wants investigated, hoping for a plea-bargin

22. echo 1
    11:42 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

UT will keep him. Hamilton has no choice except to go all Tammy Wynette and stand by his man. If Brucy is gone, Hamilton is gone. One thing is for certain, no UT fan can ever say one word about Cal ever again. Ever. Again…..Ever.

23. Bruce Pearl/Jesus
    11:47 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

I will rise from the ashes!!!!

24. SUV
    11:47 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

22) Macon_Volfan already has. He said what Pearl did wasn’t as bad as a “free SAT score.”

25. echo 1
    11:50 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

24 – That surprises me coming from him. He is normally level headed and only says something if he can prove it. Well macon, prove it. Prove that free SAT score and Cal’s involvement. I guess when someone is a Vol fan, it only a matter of time until stupidity really takes over. Apparently, macon isn’t immune either.

26. bigcat
    11:54 am February 22, 2011 Permalink

looks like the ncaa has got their wet noodle out again.

27. Operation Win-Ter
    12:03 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

I see Threes Stacks as the Vol`s coach next season. And who knows maybe Sweaty Bruce at loseville down the road. Both would be good fits.

28. The Real Hambone
    12:04 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Hey SnNH… you are OFFENSIVE!!

29. Skycam
    12:08 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Since I will no longer be used for ESPN games, I’m in talks with the NCAA about being used in Bruce’s house.

30. The Nail
    12:11 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Hey skycam can you put in a good word for me?
    Jimmy has already forgotten about me… if only we would forget about that stupid [email protected]@ plane

31. macon_volfan
    12:16 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

I’m not sure Macon said that…

32. Bg Cat
    12:17 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Hey 1, Im A Wku Alum, Think Coach Mcdonald Sucks. But Still Would Hate To Have That Arrogant ~ Thinks He s The 2nd Coming~ BP At Western. Dont Give Them Any Bad Ideas .

33. Clark's Head says
    12:18 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

27…I see Quick Rick @ Arkansas if J. Pelfrey gets fired, why? They supported a President who whored around, why not a Coach?

34. Al's IndiCats
    12:21 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

T-H-A-T picture….man almost VERPED! Shoe Kiffens old lady, anything but that mug.

35. Bigbluecalizone
    12:23 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

As much as I dislike UT(they are in my 5 ring circle of hate along with Puke,daville,Gayturds,Turdheels)I hope Pearl stays on, unless his actions just flat warrant his being canned. I think he’s good for the league.

36. Al's IndiCats
    12:26 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

^^^or SHOW^^^

37. Put The Boots To UCONN
    12:26 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

I say restrict UConn one scholarship..and make it the one they would give to Andre Drummond and we’ll call it even

38. SexnNursinHomes
    12:40 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

28- I am very dumb. thank you

39. Runnin'Ramel
    12:47 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

UConn is gonna get a slap on the wrist. Remember, they found EIGHT major recruiting violations. This is BS.

40. right said fred
    12:50 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Once again the NCAA shows what they are made of. Calhoun is as dirty as they come and his assistant is the one they drop the hammer on? Not that I like UT or Pearl but to ban him one year for lying to the NCAA and let Calhoun off with a slap on the wrist for all of their transgressions just shows how corrupt the NCAA is. We need a commissioner in college basketball!!!!

41. Jesus is the Only Way to Heaven
    12:53 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Bruce Pearl is ridiculous at best and so is the NCAA. Pearl should be fired, but I guarantee you NOTHING significant will come from this. Maybe a fine. It’s a joke. The NCAA proved to us how incompetant they are when they ruled Enes ineligbible.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!

42. NBA league pass
    12:56 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

I don’t think the NCAA will do anything else to Pearl. He’ll get off with “time served” for the 8 game suspension. Back to business as usual.

43. Al's IndiCats
    12:58 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Had that been UK instead of UConn it’d would’ve been a whole different story. As you remember it was an assistant (Dewayne Casey) who (SUPPOSEDLY) put the money in the envelope for Mills.
    But UCONN, WE-CONN, EVERY-CONN! and all is right with the world!

44. Megan
    12:59 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Losing their head coach has to hurt the Vols’ seeding, doesn’t it? It’s kinda like losing a key player.

45. macon_volfan
    12:59 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

#42-time served and a 1.5 million pay cut.

46. I know her
    1:03 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

44. percentage-wise they have a better record without him this year, atleast the other guy had a winning record (5-3)

47. Troll Detector
    1:13 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

42) The NCAA has already stated that the SEC overstepped it’s authority by suspending Pearl. I look for the NCAA to make a harsh sentence to set a precedent that punishments dealt out by conferences will not be considered/recognized.

48. RidgeRunner
    1:20 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Pearl’s head…His orange head always looks like it’s a few psi away from exploding.

38…Reminds me of Jesse Ventura in Predator after he spit chewing tobacco on the feet of this dude and some cupcake said…”You are discusting”. Ventura said…”Thank you”. –Nicely played sir.

49. bmac
    1:25 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Leave it to the NCAA to, after months of waiting, hide Calhoun’s 8 major violations behind their decision on Pearl so that all of the media attention will be deflected off of UConn.

50. RidgeRunner
    1:30 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

POW!!! BAM!!! KA-POOHEY!!!… sorry just thinking about Pearls head exploding again.

continue on…umm-umm.

51. Irrelevant Vols
    1:31 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

Here’s the extent of the the letter: Dear Tennessee, your program is being sued for copyright infringement. For years now your establishment has been impersonating a real NCAA basketball team.

52. SexnNursinHomes
    1:32 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

48- Ridge, hahaha you are a character!

53. SUV
    1:58 pm February 22, 2011 Permalink

I’m CERTAIN Macon said that. Remember it like it was yesterday.