MKG is Vitale’s ‘Diaper Dandy of the Week’

(Not Michael Kidd-Gilchrist)

Last week it was Kyle Wiltjer. This week it is Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

In his weekly awards on ESPN.com, Dick Vitale named MKG his Diaper Dandy of the Week. Thomas Robinson was Vitale’s Player of the Week, with 30 points and 21 rebounds against North Dakota.

Vitale also tweeted about your favorite UK player after the game:

The kid is unreal. No one in the country brings it like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist does to every game. All heart, all the time.

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for MKG is Vitale’s ‘Diaper Dandy of the Week’

1. UKFanInCincy
    1:32 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Worst photo ever on KSR… I really cant stand it. Please remove it.

2. Space between John Hods jersey and chest
    1:33 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Drew, what are you doing on the floor?

3. Blue
    1:34 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Good post, good for MKG getting his recognition. The photo is offensive though.

4. kymatt
    1:37 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Seriously Drew, I don’t know if I can check KSR as long as that photo is still up.
    But getting back to Vitale’s comments — it’s a little premature to say that before conference play has even begun. At the end of the year, Wall/Cousins were better than Davis and MKG right now…

5. nolablue
    1:46 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Dear #1. There’s a thing on Teh Innernets called “Adblock” if you use Firefox. You can move
    any picture you want, yourself.

Has Raphael Andrades signed to UK yet? I just met a guy in the grocery star parking lot who
    claimed to be his Uncle (I was wearing UK gear,) who said Andrades has “just signed up
    to play for Kentucky”. Hmmmmm. Whoever the guy was, he was excited about Kentucky
    football. Pretty cool comin’ from a guy in Tigers country who had LSU stuff all over
    his SUV.

6. ukfan
    1:48 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

that picture is disturbing. what in the hell did you type in goodle for that one to come up?

7. dave
    1:49 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

best FR duo in last decade? tOSU had oden/conley lead em to title game. & wall/cousins werent too bad either

8. Nickster79
    1:52 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

That photo made me gag. I’m so not kidding.

9. Abe Froman
    2:08 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

I think you have offended more than your fair share of people with that image, Drew.

10. Bertway
    2:26 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, gotta go with Wall/Cousins here. Or Oden/Conley, maybe even
    Carmelo and McNamara.

11. shorthop69
    2:31 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

no one wants to see that, dumbass.

12. Bledsoe's Biceps
    2:33 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Daaaaamn! That picture needs to go.

13. Aaron Flener
    2:41 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

I don’t like to speak in absolutes, so I won’t. I usually don’t comment, but I will. That is one of if not THE funniest picture I have ever seen posted on this site. Well done, Drew Franklin.

14. lionelrichie
    2:46 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

best picture ever by far

15. nolablue
    2:51 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Come on y’all. Your constitutions are really that fragile?

Adblock. Easy.

16. BIGBLUEDUDE
    3:07 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

that is matts pic after he gets his hair cut

17. Me
    3:15 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

The person in that photo is obviously suffering from a handicap. Terrible photo. Terrible taste. Repulsive and insulting. Worse pic ever in the history of ksr.

Take it down please!

18. ktmiln2
    3:25 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

17. How do you know? You’d be surprised at how different people can look at an instant.

19. DrewF=Despicable
    4:27 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

I personally know someone who came down with M.S. and she is now incontinent and sliding into total disability, uncontrollably. Doctors cant fix it…it is out of control.

It has been enormously traumatic for her and her family. She was a really great person, and this thing just happened to her. This person is a major fan of UK, has been for decades.

I hope to God that she does not open up KSR today…

Drew Franklin has taken it beyond offensive. The person in this picture is obviously handicapped. It is no “joke” to this person or his family. It is despicable.

20. Ooh'Rumpa Smoov Skin
    5:15 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Let’s say best freshman duo since wall and cuz…. They were both 1st team all American I know that doesn’t happen every year….. but you can’t say too much about Davis and MKG. We’re witnessing greatness every game and I hope everyone is taking it in and enjoying them while we have them cause their stint here is gonna be short.

21. jason
    5:38 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

I think this picture is hilarious. If your really offended then your petty as hell

22. Real Cats Fan
    5:57 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Dude, that picture is WRONG on soooo many levels….

23. jason
    5:59 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Why take down this picture? It’s hilarious

24. mudcreekmark
    7:21 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

I agree with majority here, that picture must go.Do you know how bad it would be if the parents of this kid were to see this picture on here? Or any parent that has a kid with a disability for that matter. I have enjoyed your work on here for a while but now I think you’re just another pathetic ass hole.Anyone on here that thinks this is funny are also ass holes.

25. Chris in LA
    9:03 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Come on Drew, do the right thing and take that down. I love you man, but we’re really supposed to be laughing at a handicapped guy in a diaper? Really?

26. Kentucky Gentleman
    9:42 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

I agree with 24. It’s this stuff that makes me lose respect for this site every time I visit it.

27. Leslie Chow
    9:52 am January 3, 2012 Permalink

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The picture’s funny because he’s fat!”