Vince Young blew all his money on tequila, pot stickers and cheesecake

After Steve McNair’s tragic death in the summer of 2009, I was left without a favorite NFL player. McNair had been my guy. I am a Titans fan (don’t get me started on Chris Johnson’s worthless ass); I loved the way he played the game; and other than being an adulterer, he was a genuinely good person. They don’t make many like Air McNair, on and off the field. So, it wasn’t easy finding a new favorite player to fill No. 9’s shoes. I took the easy route and fell for his successor.

I chose Vince Young.

Idiot.

Like most fans of the Fighting Jeff Fishers, I bought into the Vince Young phenomenon. I blame timing and the 2006 Rose Bowl, when we should’ve looked at his Wonderlic scores and love for tequila. The dude’s crazy. He’s a head case. And now he’s broke.

Word came out earlier this week that Vince Young is out of money and in need of a job. He somehow managed to blow $26 million in six years, and that’s not even counting his endorsement money. $26 million! Six years!

On Clay Travis’ radio show yesterday, Clay asked Nashvillians to call in and share stories of VY spending ridiculous amounts of money around the city. The people of Nashville participated, and the stories are outrageous:

— His favorite hangout in Nashville was T.G.I. Friday’s. He spent $6,000 there once

— He spent $5,000 per week at The Cheesecake Factory. PER WEEK!!!

— He ordered $600 shots of Louis XIII at Morton’s after home football games

— He bought entire Southwest flights for his friends and family

It’s unfathomable to most of us how professional athletes could go through the money they make in such a short amount of time. But when you hear the specifics, like spending six grand at a T.G.I. Friday’s, then it all starts making sense.

As fans of UK basketball, we’re getting accustomed to multi-million dollar athletes — John Calipari spits them out like stale cookies in his Orange Leaf fro-yo — and we can only hope they know to avoid ludicrous spending, like 20K per month at The Cheesecake Factory.

Article written by Drew Franklin

55 Comments for Vince Young blew all his money on tequila, pot stickers and cheesecake

1. I Say
    2:25 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I dont see any pot stickers?

2. Section 133
    2:25 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like a Vanetti family vacation.

3. I Say
    2:26 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Bottle of Patron in one hand and sick watch on the other

4. Eddie George
    2:34 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Why are there so many shirtless guys around?

5. Vince'sPosse
    2:36 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I told da man that he wuz gettin’ outta control. Sheeet! $12K a day fo 6 years he was spendin. Now I’m outta on the street again wid nuthin. Crazy brother messed it up for alla us.

6. catGrad7072
    2:37 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

It’s hard to imagine anyone being that fiscally ignorant. I’m all for spending your hard-earned cash but geez ……..

7. Jerry Seinfeld
    2:37 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

It’s not all on Vince. People around him were stealing his money. Also if you think his pro career is over, you are an idiot.

8. SteveM
    2:38 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Good thing money doesn’t mean anything to Vince….now that he doesn’t have any.

9. Barry Manilow
    2:39 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Add KSR to the list of Vince Young haters

10. Am I wrong?
    2:40 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

This is why I feel like “Sports Athlete” or something should be a major. Basically a focus on negotiating abilities, money management, communication, and sports therapy/health. Prepare these students for the job they’ll be taking – an athlete.

11. USA
    2:41 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Big damn deal, obama has blown through 6 TRILLION bucks in less than 4 years – and has nothing to show for it.

At least vince could probably get a mercy f… from one of his old stripper friends. America isn’t even gonna get that.

12. Musehobo
    2:42 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I would assert that if you think anyone wants an under-achieving head case like Young, in a league where there are 30-40 better on-their-feet Qb’s without jobs, you sir, are the idiot.

13. Chicago Chris
    2:43 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

#7 I think you have to expect that people around you are going to steal it. The problem is that the desired image is that you’ve got so much money, you don’t care how much you spend.

14. Professor
    2:44 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

#10–this used to call that “Home Economics” in my day.

15. Don Juan
    2:47 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Farr Gillispie

16. Bobanon
    2:49 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

#11, I’m going out on a limb and assuming you’re probably not going to be too happy the next four years, either.

17. gossie21
    2:50 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

The way these pro athletes go through money make the plot of the movie Bresters Millions seam quaint.

18. Cheesecake Factory
    2:52 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Damn…And we were in the process of building him his own room in all our locations

19. ty
    2:54 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

i’m afraid anthony davis will be the next vince young as far as his spending habits go

20. hooch
    2:56 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

That kind of dough and he hangs out at TGI Friday’s? That’s hilarious!

21. jq
    2:59 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

How about that IDIOT who played on UK’S ’96 team blew $110 million. i.e. Antoine Walker

22. Martin
    3:02 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

That looks like the TGI Friday in Louisville.

23. minton
    3:03 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

$26 mil in 6 years? Wow! That’s like $2 mil. a year! Oh, my math is wrong? My bad. I was using Vince Young math.

24. StangLuvr
    3:04 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Alot of funny stuff in this pic….

1st – complete saugage fest
    2nd – side profile dude to the left of the pic looks to be moving in to give the one guy a kiss
    3rd – the guy over VY’s right shoulder is practicing his mug shot pose
    4th – VY looks like he is receiving oral
    5th – Atlanta Hat guy, where is his body? He looks like the extra head that Johnny Knoxville had in MIB
    6th – Patron guy….enjoy your patron bro!
    7th – the white thing in the right edge of pic….a huge burrito?

25. chicago
    3:05 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

really hope this doesn’t happen to MKG. i just feel like his entourage is huge and he’s such a good hearted kid that he could be taken advantage of.

26. Jessdogky
    3:06 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

That dude over his shoulder looks like he’s about to punch somebody in the face for taking his picture!!

27. jpay
    3:20 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I have no doubt if he really applies himself; he can have a long a fruitful career in either the Food services or Janitorial fields….

28. WithMyOwnEyes
    3:23 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I remember going to Titans camp and seeing young Vinnie with huge diamonds in his ears,
    standing around talking on a celly while everyone else worked out. I understood immediately
    what Coach Fish had against him. I understood immediately just what kind of prima donna he was.
    And I had zero empathy for everything that happened after. Every day that week at camp, it was
    the same story. And most days, he was driving into the parking lot 30 to 40 minutes after camp
    had started. He sauntered onto the field like the lazy mollycoddled little fop he truly was.
    He’s a Mama’s Boy, through and through. I hope for the sake of his soul, he sees fit
    to grow up before God decides his number is up. I hope the Titans can someday get
    over their Ridiculous QB Curse. Matty-H ain’t the answer either. ‘Gets tiresome.

29. DIORIO'S PIZZA
    3:25 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Antoine Walker ring ANY bells…morons????

30. yeap
    3:26 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Im with you 19. Alls it takes is a twisted knee…

31. Vince Young's Financial Advisor
    3:35 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Come on Vince, do you really need to take a 5th shot of Louis? OK, stop, you don’t have to pay 500 dollars for a turkey club it’s only 20 dollars, ohh, put down that cheesecake, shoot, you just gave a 5000 dollar tip to the wrong server…

32. westerncat
    3:51 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

How can anyone fell sorry for someone like this?

33. DIORIO'S PIZZA
    4:02 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I don’t leave the house because I’m flexible enough to fit my naughty bits in my mouth.

34. Beatle Bum
    4:09 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Cheese Factory is overpriced!

35. RealCatsFan
    4:13 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Aw, come on guys, give Vince a break! He was doing his best to help with the economic recovery by NOT participating in the recession!

36. me
    4:13 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

7-I hear Canada is really nice this time of year. It is Pro ball though, so i guess you’re right.

37. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    4:37 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Quit hating on CJ2K!!! It isn’t his fault he’s getting hit before he gets back to the line of scrimmage every run play. Start naming all the guys who has ever rushed for 2000 yds in a nfl season….Didn’t take long did it? Him & Britt’s jail-loving-ass are the only things they got! Why don’t you hate on the Reds some more while you’re at it.

38. Fake Tom Leach
    4:59 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I actually spent $8,000 at Cheddar’s after UK won the championship

39. Beavis
    5:14 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Nice pic of Vince and his entourage. Wonder how many of those guys would lend Vince a dollar now that he is broke ?

40. barn
    5:33 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

HAHA, stupidity is funny as long as it’s somebody else who’s stupid

41. bmwuk
    6:00 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I met him several times on occasion. The first comment is I find it hard to believe they were charging $600 for Louis XIII. Yes he did partake in Louis XIII where I saw him at but at $130/drink, not $600. Generally even the more ridiculous places don’t go over $250.

He did have a very nice black Ferrari F458 with red custom wheels on it. It was sharp.

In my opinion, he was a very nice young man, just misguided and provided enough direction with his money. While some people laugh, I tend to feel bad for him. Not that he lost all his money, but the fact he didn’t have a stronger support group with his family.

42. bmwuk
    6:03 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Correction, they were $185 per drink. Cost was $130.

43. Bobbysueflay
    6:16 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

How can this be a shock? Look at mike Tyson. These guys are so dumb. He will not be back in the nfl whoever posted that

44. DB11
    6:36 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Why the hell did I have to choose the titans as a kid?

45. CliffFrankLou
    6:47 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Vince Young, single handedly fighting the recession in Nashville.

46. Fort Worth Cats Fan
    6:54 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

11. Ah let your racism, er, conservatism flow. Bush burned through Billions a day in Iraq/Afghanistan/the original stimulus plan/and deregulatio(i.e. outsourcing of domestic resources). W loved him some VY, who obviouslytook a page out of the fiscal responsibility playbook. Certainly the whole USA know’s that you don’t mess with Texas, or it’s native sons. #revisionisthistory

47. Fort Worth Cats Fan
    7:01 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Don’t feel sorry for these dudes. Iron Mike, Cyber ‘toine, VY, Worm Rodman, et al. No fathers = bad outcomes. No excuses. Let’s take care of our own BBN. Message to MKG, take note bruh!

48. Keeneandexpansion
    7:05 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

After 36% for taxes and 20% for an agent off the top there is less than you think. Spend a mil on a house, buy a few nice cars, house and car for mama, and you are down to like $4,500 a day.

49. UKBlue
    7:06 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

This is what happens when someone who has never had any money gets large amounts of money & then has to figure out what to do, more importantly how to handle it, and then deal with the things that come along with having money. As Biggie Said: More Money More Problems.

Vince is an idiot

Hope all our NBA Cats read this story, and then learn from it.

50. UKBlue
    7:08 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

48 More like 50% for taxes & 10% for agent & then 10% for management.

51. Beavis
    7:26 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

When it comes to spending/wasting money,,,,George Bush looks like a complete amature compared to Obama. 6 trillion in new debt ,, over 16 trillion total and still climbing. Answer me one thing,,,how are we going to pay that off ? Don’t say raise taxes,,,won’t even make a dent in it.

52. Beavis
    7:38 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Is there anyone on the site with half a brain that thinks they could not live on half of 26 million dollars ??? Guy was in bad need of a financial adviser,,,,oh I forgot,,,he is surrounded by them in the pic. Actually do feel sorry for him.

53. michael gray
    8:22 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Why the hell are people talking politics on here?

Secondly: Yeah they are going to burn through money on their natural expenses. But seriously, how could you spend that much money on food and drinks? Buy liquor and drink it at home, buy groceries. Damn.

54. Fort Worth Cats Fan
    10:14 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

53. You have to squash ignorance on sight. If KSR is without FACTS it would be an Aggies or Longhorns site.
    51. Ameutare(spell check homey) is right! UT is not known forits school of finance by the way.
    Oh, Go Big Blue!

55. GatorChomp
    4:33 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

uk fans blow all their money on trailers and dogs chained to Z-28s on cinder blocks…YOUR POINT??