Video Profile: UK Wide Receivers Coach Tommy Mainord

(h/t @KentuckyWildcatsTV)

Kentucky Wildcats TV released a video profile of an interview with Kentucky’s new wide receivers coach, Tommy Mainord.

A few highlights:

– Mainord is in his 15th year of coaching in this offense

– “The older I get, the more I realize it’s about the people you’re working with and working for…”

“The SEC is the best league in the country. When you’re in this league, it’s a little different. We use that to recruit. I wanted to coach in it. Players want to play in it.”

– This offense is very disciplined. A lot of excitement in it, but very disciplined. “I’m anxious to see how this will work in the SEC. I think it’s the perfect storm. No one else is doing this in the SEC East. Put that together with the hottest defensive coach. It’s a perfect storm. We are just as excited as any fan.”

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

8 Comments for Video Profile: UK Wide Receivers Coach Tommy Mainord

1. my computer
    6:38 pm June 25, 2013 Permalink

There are no duds on this staff. I can’t remember UK ever having a coaching staff as qualified as this one is from top to bottom.

2. UK Football
    6:54 pm June 25, 2013 Permalink

When he said “perfect storm” with the air raid and Stoops, I got goosebumps. I don’t care what happens this year, the future is bright!!!

3. DCS195
    7:19 pm June 25, 2013 Permalink

1) and 2) are absolutely right. This is an outstanding young coaching staff and the future is extremely bright.

4. BigBlue
    7:46 pm June 25, 2013 Permalink

Love the football coaching staff…NEVER thought I would say that. Give these guys a few years and good things are going to happen.

5. N j/k
    9:06 pm June 25, 2013 Permalink

Geez guys get a room with the coaches. Long suffering old school fan here. I will join the love for the recruiting effort, the energy and excitement these coaches bring. But before you go anointing them as the most qualified UK has ever had, blah blah blah, you think we might want to watch a couple minutes of an actual game or even a season maybe?

6. Here it is
    10:00 am June 26, 2013 Permalink

Come to UK and play for the TOM-TOM!

7. Bigblue fan
    10:03 am June 26, 2013 Permalink

THE most excitement around this program I have ever felt. You can just feel the buzz around the city. I know some of the players, and they are absolutely locked in. Great time to be a wildcat!

8. my computer
    1:54 pm June 26, 2013 Permalink

#5 Qualifications and results are two completely different things. Do you wish to refute their qualifications? I didn’t think so.