Video of Enes Kanter working out

I can’t help but think about what might’ve been, but that was then…

Did you say you wanted to watch a video of Enes Kanter working out? I thought I heard you say that. SLAM magazine has you covered.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Video of Enes Kanter working out

1. Tom Sellecks Mustache
    5:08 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Woulda, coulda, shoulda..

2. Yep
    5:10 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Would have been great to have had him. To me it is sort of bazairre to watch this (when he so good!!) but all I am thinking is that he is no Anthony Davis. I don’t think we even realize the magnitude of a player we just watched last year. I am afraid from here on out every other player is just gonna seem okay because of AD being so outstanding!!!

3. John O
    5:42 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

He is no Boogie either. What did he avg this year 5 and 4?

4. MSt
    5:52 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

You have to wonder if this young man would have been allowed to play at any other D1 school….so much crap is allowed across the country and by all indications EK was a good student and would have been an excellent athlete.

5. Sean
    5:55 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Had he played his freshman year at Kentucky, we would be talking about how the Cats won back-to-back titles instead of just one. He was the missing piece last year. So unfortunate the NCAA screwed us, but glad he is on the rise in the NBA.

6. Shaffer
    5:59 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

@3…really? Talking trash about one of guys in the pros. You do realize the kid had to take close to 2 years of from playing competitive basketball. Not too mention he would’ve been our youngest player on that Final Four team. Mark my words he will be a double double machine very soon. GO ALL CATS!

7. paducahcat
    6:01 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

If he would have played last year, there would be no Legend of Jorts. Sure love to see him rocking the UK shorts, though.

8. No Big Deal
    6:16 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

I’m ok with Enes not getting to play here because Jorts got an opportunity to change his life that he never would have had otherwise. Getting to the Final Four with that group last year was maybe as satisfying as winning it all this year because of how unexpected it was. Plus Enes still got paid. It all worked out well I think.

9. Jerry C
    6:16 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Totally overrated/overhyped.

10. Catfan24
    7:08 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

We were 1 basket away from playing Butler in the NCAA championship game with this guy on the bench. Good Gawd

11. Duke sucks
    8:26 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

if he went to UConn I know he would have played. NCAA let one play who admitted to taking money. That alone should have made him a pro athlete.

12. Why
    9:23 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Why do we always see a video of him working out…. Two seasons ago let us move on

13. Bob Day
    9:49 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

#12, you just don’t get it, do you? Anyway, thanks for the clip, Drew. It was fun watching Enes coming along, and especially fun watching him do his best Ray Allen impersonation.

14. BigBlue
    10:35 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Would have been repeat champs 2011/2012…oh well, what could have been. Glad he is doing better in the NBA.

15. Yontsey
    10:52 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Isnt this video from before the draft?

16. No Big Deal
    11:26 pm May 21, 2012 Permalink

Yes, 15, this video is a year old. I’m not sure why it was posted today, other than to randomly pay homage to Enes.