USA U-19 wins Gold over Serbia in the FIBA World Championship

usabasketball

The USA U-19 National team completed their domination of international opponents today with an 82-68 victory over Serbia in Prague in the FIBA World Championship. Team USA was led by UofL’s Montrezl Harrell with 17 points in the gold medal game. Former UK target Aaron Gordon joined Jahlil Okafor on the All-Tournament team as well as current UK target Dante Exum, who played for Australia. Okafor was incredibly impressive throughout the tournament as opponents had no answer for his dominance in the paint. The stat of the tournament may be Okafor’s 40.1 player efficiency rating (PER) which is off the charts. For a comparision, Lebron James had a 31.6 last season. Although Aaron Gordon was honored with the MVP honors of the tournament, Okafor solidified his place as the number one player in the class with his phenomenal performance.

If you recall, this is the team that the Kentucky recruits declined to try out for in order to put in work in Lexington over the summer. To turn down a gold medal opportunity speaks volumes about the dedication of this year’s recruits to earning a national championship. Go Cats.

Article written by Jay Hochstetler

I live the sad but addicting life of tracking where 15-18 year old gentleman are considering for their collegiate basketball careers. Follow me @JayHochKSR

7 Comments for USA U-19 wins Gold over Serbia in the FIBA World Championship

1. Dr. Craw
    8:49 pm July 7, 2013 Permalink

FIBA gold medals are actually made out of depleted uranium. Julius Randle knew this, and wanted no part of it, because he is a SCIENTIST.

2. Big Perm
    8:55 pm July 7, 2013 Permalink

It’s great that the Harrison twins and Young decided to forgo playing for the USA team so they could bond with their teammates…oh wait a minute.

3. Bob
    8:58 pm July 7, 2013 Permalink

What a fantastically informative article with all the twists and turns you come to expect out of a quality Jay Hochstetler written article. I will continue to indulge in his fantastic literary prowess as he writes for this fair website. Spot on good sir. Spot on.

4. NO MATT JONES
    9:37 pm July 7, 2013 Permalink

Big Perm has a big weenie up his ass.

5. Sandy
    10:41 pm July 7, 2013 Permalink

This, then Djokavic! Finally the Serbs are paying for their brutal slaughter of the Bosniak people.

6. Wildcat Willie
    12:33 am July 8, 2013 Permalink

I plan on watching the wire. For me Sopranos is a clear #1. I don’t get how people rate the British office better than the American version. I’ve watched both and prefer Steve Carell and the American show 10-1. I would put American Office in my top 5 all time maybe as high as #2 just because I can re watch episodes countless times and still laugh and enjoy them.

7. Beezer
    12:09 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

Glad our guys turned this down to put in work over the summer. Oh, that’s right, two of those guys aren’t even on campus yet.