Update on the Final Four Floor

We reported earlier today on KSR that the 2012 Final Four floor was on its way to Lexington to be used as the floor for the new locker room in Rupp Arena. The floor is still a go, but the path it took to arrive in Lexington is slightly different than we first reported today. Northwestern Mutual actually purchased the Final Four floor and they are now donating a portion of it to the Calipari Foundation.  No word yet on if the remainder of the floor will be sent to Drake. In other news, remember that National Anthem by the Fray?

Now go listen to the Whitney Houston Super Bowl rendition (the one where she is wearing a sweat band) and tell me you’ve heard one better. And then I’ll call you a liar.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

20 Comments for Update on the Final Four Floor

1. theSkinny81
    8:15 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

this one tops Whitneys, IMHO…. goosebumps every time. 😉

2. JVice
    8:24 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, but Whitney lipsynched. I’m sure if The Fray had prerecorded this version in a studio, the producer would have fixed those missed notes on the guitar.

3. Jarod
    8:33 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

Yahoo is reporting Lance Thomas while at Duke the year they beat Butler purchased a $80,000 dollars in jewelry. In the middle of the season. Looks like Duke is in trouble.

4. Insider
    8:48 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

Despite what has been reported on this site, Nerlens Noel has not been fully cleared to play. He has only been cleared academically.

5. Question
    9:00 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

Why no hate day this week? It worked out so well last time.

6. Mutt1970
    9:01 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

Whitney could BLOW…but Marvin Gaye’s rendition at the (what year?) NBA All-Star game would be my 1A.

7. Jonathan
    9:07 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

Marvin Gaye 1983 NBA All Star Game

8. VinDatuk
    9:12 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

4: the site has reported the exact same thing ad nauseum. Thanks for giving a UK fan site hits though.

9. when i think about it
    9:18 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

i actually think this was an interesting take on an arrangement (possibly brilliant) for the song … the execution was a bit off, but the intent and emotion were nothing to scoff at

10. thenamerobdigity
    9:20 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

I would lie if I said there was one better. However, there are millions upon millions better.

11. nassau65
    9:30 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

12. GO CArTS
    10:02 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

No, Whitney did not lip synch and yes, Whitney’s national anthem is on my ipod.

13. Rick
    10:11 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

Got my fingers crossed that, next year in the national championship game, they’ll give LMFAO a shot at it. And hopefully they’ll say, “I’m singin’ the National Anthem, b*tch!” Can’t be any worse than The Fray. And they’d be much more energetic.

14. capt
    12:30 am September 8, 2012 Permalink

the fray’s version was garbage. what a disgrace!! i felt sorry for thomas robinson for having to listen to that crap AND lose a national title.

15. True Story
    3:03 am September 8, 2012 Permalink

Marine Corps Band every time. Song needs no warbling to be inspiring. Let our fighting men and women play it as it was meant to be played. None greater.

16. Wilder Treadway
    8:51 am September 8, 2012 Permalink

HAHAHAHAHA THE FRAY

17. CATandMONKEY
    9:26 am September 8, 2012 Permalink

Whitney’s version was NOT lip synched and is perhaps among the finest live performances in recent history. I “get” what the Fray was trying do…have been a professional musician until I realized I wasn’t likely to make “the Show”. regarding the Fray’s take on our national anthem I shall paraphrase the comments penned in red on my senior physics project, some 26 yrs past:

“Excellent and interesting idea – poor execution- grade= D ”

I also hate to admit to the following, but the Dixie Chicks performed one of the best versions of the SSB I have heard. I am not a fan of contry nor the Chicks but that one version – will have to look it up – was truly awesome.

PS: Conway is just plain creepy

18. CATandMONKEY
    9:28 am September 8, 2012 Permalink

Country.. not CONtry….unless writing phonetically anywhere south of the OH river

19. JVice
    11:37 am September 8, 2012 Permalink

She sang into a dead mic. The song that the people in attendance and the folks watching on TV heard was the pre-recorded version.

20. JVice