UK’s win “boosted their option” for Shabazz

Shabazz Muhammad claims he is still undecided, but he told Adam Zagoria and SNY.tv that Kentucky’s win on Monday night “boosted their option for me.”

He said, “That has an impact. Just seeing how they run in transtion, how those guys get out so fast and how Coach Cal has the guards really getting out and running the floor. it just boosted their option for me by going there.”

The nation’s top wing player is still considering UCLA and Duke, and he’ll announce on ESPN next Wednesday.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

41 Comments for UK’s win “boosted their option” for Shabazz

1. manbearpig
    7:24 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

I Will take it!

2. High Spirits
    7:36 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Now that’s a very welcomed comment. Now, my expectations are heightened. Chance we get Oriahki, Shabazz AND Noell???

3. Div
    7:38 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Is there a live blog for Oriaki’s in home visit?

4. Who Me
    7:39 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Come on Bazz, you know ya wanta come here. Just do it all ready!

5. Kysportsinfo
    7:41 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Give me three from Noel. Oriahki. Bennett. Jefferson. Shabazz. We will be back next year

6. Who Me
    7:43 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Cal is gonna get Bazz, Noel, Oriakhi, (maybe) Bennett, and Swop (from uofl) just for the hell of it. Cal could get Swop to Europe League, at least – pitino couldn’t even get him to a good YMCA rec league.

7. lexslamman
    7:49 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

We probably get to, possibly three or four of:
    Oriakhi
    Bennett
    Noel
    Muhammad
    Jefferson

T.S. Elliot, eat your heart out, April is NOT the cruelest month.

8. tweener
    7:49 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

but wait, ‘Bazz is going to UCLA … the people on the twitter said so !?!?! (sarcasm*)

9. calsbloatedgut
    7:49 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

I am sure uncle wes is working with all the handlers as i type. Once they agree on a number, he will be a cayut.

10. TampaCat
    7:50 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

3, only BBN would have a request like that! Awesome Sir!!!

11. High Spirits
    7:51 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Agree with 4. Get three of those guys, and we’re pushing for a repeat. Cal’s goal now is an undefeated season.

12. BusterBrown
    7:55 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

liability

13. LittleJimmy
    7:56 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

I think Shabazz is going to UCLA, but wants to stay in the limelight a little longer with comments like this.

14. CliffFrankLou
    7:58 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

#9, please go weep on your Cardinal red/orange hankie. We’ll kick your ass again in December.

15. CliffFrankLou
    8:01 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

If he wants to run, how in the hell can he pick UCLA??? His stated criteria make no sense in his final two options.

16. Rixter
    8:13 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

I’m going to Kroger in the morning to buy toilet tissue. Some insiders have me leaning toward Charmin, but others have me squarely in the White Cloud camp. The fact that I drive a white car has many of the Charmin fans nervous; others say that will have no impact on my decision.
    The tension is thick as molasses, as the world waits to see what crap paper I will end up buying.

17. Toad Fish
    8:17 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Anyone know why Shabazz might have to sit out games as part of a suspension? Goodman mentioned something about a likely 10-15 game suspension on his radio show on College XM.

18. DB11
    8:21 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

I wouldn’t be able to resist Los Angeles

19. Wall2Cousins
    8:26 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Fuk Shabazz Kentucky dont need to prove anything to him…..our style of play,our coach,our fans and exposure as far as being on TV every game is enough. Fuk him and his winning the title helped…..this is KENTUCKY….the Gold Standard of basketball….go live in hell with UCLA’s and UNLV’s

20. bung
    8:27 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

fastbreak…

21. KingRex
    8:27 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

I agree completely w little Jimmy….bazz to ucla…but wants to stay in the spotlight…so needs to talk about uk.

22. Come on...
    8:35 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Lets think about this…A.) Duke: no chance. Rat-faced coach, bunch a guys that he wouldn’t “feel it” with (or whatever PPatt said) B.) UCLA: slight possibility. Close to home, warm, beautiful babies BUT a shit BB program who is quite irrelevant in CBB currently, and a fanbase disgruntled with their coach AND style of play C.) UK: Duh. Coach, style, NBA springboard, best fans, top notch facilities, and VERY relevant.

He’s coming to UK. And if he dosen’t? We are still UK.

23. JBR
    8:44 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Why is everyone so excited about Oriahki? He has not been that successful at Uconn, has one year left, and is whining about minutes…do we need another Eloy Vargas? (not saying Eloy whined about playing time, just a characteristic of Oriahki). Give me Bennett and let Oriahki go elsewhere.

24. The art of paper folding
    8:48 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

#9 is a mental giant. He learned the word “cayut” and every time he writes it, he gets a visceral shock. Keep writing moron…

25. snl1960
    8:54 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

#9 BITE MY ASS!!!!!!

26. #WWMKGD
    9:10 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

number 19, grow the “fuk” up…

27. Scout23
    9:20 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

I don’t want Shabazz–we don’t need any baggage.

28. Paratrooper
    9:49 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

I’m sick of this clown and his egotistical self worship. He’s not coming to UK because he doesn’t want to share the limelight and LA is a much bigger stage than(in his mind) backwoods, country Lexington, KY. He’s punking Calipari and the recruiting websites just to keep the attention on himself. He’s gonna do what HIS MAMA TELLS HIM TO DO anyway. I don’t give a rats ass if he ever comes here because I’m not sure that I could root for someone named after the so called “Prophet” Mohammed who was a mass murderer and mass rapist. Good riddance, Shabazz and see how you like playing in front of high school size crowds in Pauley Pavillion. Don’t forget your prayer rug…

29. tyrus
    9:51 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

If I was Cal, I’d bring that trophy on recruiting trips and sit it next to me. Cal walks into the home of a recruit, gets ready to shake his hand but says excuse me let me put this trophy down first, it’s getting heavy. Another one. Cal walks into a high school gym or some Belmont Day Classic tourney, sits down and places the trophy in the seat next to him. Nuff said!

30. Typical U of L fan
    9:58 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Poor Cayuts fans. Keep staying up at night knowing that the experience of the team in the state’s largest city will lead them to the top in 2013. No one will remember the 2012 season with your boys on losing nba teams by this time next season. This is the best week to talk smack as it is the longest time before the Cayuts and the Cards meet again. Can’t wait for the NJT tomorrow so I can give my fellow fans some hope.

31. truefan
    10:17 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

Spanking the boohoo hoosiers and the UofLol crimardinals out of the tournament: PRICELESS!

32. Tennessee Wildcat
    10:42 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

The Loserville cardinals are still and always will be “little brother”. Go to your city by the river and cry me a few tears. Cal is getting back to work to finish up the recruiting year, which will result in probably our best recruiting class of all time. We will be back as we re-load, not rebuild. Get used to it. That’s just the way it is.

33. Rae
    11:17 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

UL is still using the experience argument? Thought we debunked that.

Oh, and if you are actually using NJT to give you hope, you lead a sad life. Nothing will change the fact that your precious Final Four banner will be forever tainted by UK winning it all. We’ve got a full year of bragging rights, and we intend to use them just like every other team that wins it all does.

34. ihatetennessee
    11:33 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

28 can we leave the religious sh!t out of this common

35. Lousiville says
    11:50 pm April 5, 2012 Permalink

28. Leave religon out of this. You can criticise the young man for his decision making but don’t be disrespectful to his faith. It is you who looks petty!!

36. RYNO
    12:43 am April 6, 2012 Permalink

How about seeing AD on Jimmy Kimmel? Zat do anything for you ?

37. RYNO
    12:46 am April 6, 2012 Permalink

How idiotic will you assholes feel when he picks UK? Sadly, not as idiotic as u actually are.

38. Chi-townCat
    6:12 am April 6, 2012 Permalink

I am not sure about Shabazz with the questions about eligibility and teams being warned about him The NCAA might pull a Enes on the kid…Dont know havent heard anything about lately… anyone else???

39. BtownCatfan
    6:44 am April 6, 2012 Permalink

I thing Shabazz will go to UCLA; not because he wants too, because his father wants him too. He will make the same mistake SPJR made and look how things turned out. Do we need him? Not really, look at the recruits and transfer we have coming in, not to mention the possibility of Lamb and Teague coming back. On a different note, bring the Flattop to Lexingotn!!! Nerlens as well as Bennett would be a great recruit for us. I think we will go deep on the bench and a hard team to beat next year. With or without Shabazz.

40. Sub1220
    12:56 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

28 im Muslim and a cats fan. That hurts.

41. njCat
    2:14 pm April 6, 2012 Permalink

28. The reason people stereotype all Kentuckians.