UKAthletics.com ranked 8th in CBS Network traffic on Signing Day

Who says Kentucky fans don’t care about football?

UKAthletics.com tweeted out this morning that on Signing Day, their website traffic ranked 8th among the CBS Network’s 40 BCS schools. In addition, it was one of the largest traffic days in KSR history, ranking up there with the day after the National Championship and the Harrison Twins’ announcement.

And we’re just getting started.

13 Comments for UKAthletics.com ranked 8th in CBS Network traffic on Signing Day

1. TJ
    10:21 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

We are hungry for a decent football program, pretty obvious…

2. James
    10:27 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

Is there a link to this list? I’d like to see how we compare to other schools.

3. disgruntled UK fan
    10:33 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

It was all thanks to your bachelor post, not recruiting. Keep it up!

4. Pesimist
    10:35 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

It doesn’t matter how we rank nationally. How did we stack up against Alabama and LSU? If we’re 8th in the SEC we’re still just mediocre. Stoops has obviously energized this fan base. But it doesn’t matter when we’re still not automatically number 1 in the SEC. We need to hire a coach that can bring in the most fans. Since when are we satisfied with being #8? I’m just being a realist here, I don’t see how anybody can see this as real improvement.

5. Pesimist
    10:40 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

The pope is quitting. If we hired him, I bet we’d have the most traffic on our websites by far. That guy knows how to attract a crowd wherever he goes. I just wish Mitch had done a better job at exploring all the possibilities, and really tried to hit one out of the park.

6. BBN
    10:44 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

The live coverage at the UKAthletics.com site on national signing day sucked ass. A few guys sitting and walking back and forth in an open room.

7. The REAL BBN not Little Brother
    10:52 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

I thought the coverage was great! All of the coaches were giving interviews and everything was worlds ahead of the previous years we’ve had, including the talent signed.

8. claiborne_field
    10:54 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

To think this is off a 2 win season is pretty impressive. I completely disagree with your assessment #4 (I’m sure you’re a troll)- comments like that are beyond ridiculous. The pope? Are you serious? You do realize there are other high profile programs in the country (Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, etc.) That’s not even mentioning any SEC schools. To say we’re 8th in the nation as a perceived “basketball” school speaks volumes about our fanbase. In the end, Kentucky is a football state and over time Stoops will prove it. Our fanbase wants so badly to support a winning program.

9. Bobbum man
    11:29 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

4- are you a moron? “I don’t see how anybody can see this as real improvement”. How can you not? Would you prefer another group of 1 and 2 stars with a couple 3s? Going from 60-70s class to 28th is definately improvement were not gonna all of a sudden stack up with lsu n bama it’s gonna be a process but this is absolutely improvement

10. Obvious Troll
    11:46 am February 11, 2013 Permalink

Was obvious.

11. BBN
    12:17 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

I will say though the videos of the behind the scenes coverage with Stoops, Marrow & Brown were awesome.

12. Air Raid 2.0
    12:18 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

This post is to #4 and all of the other speculators, doubters, etc out there. I’d like for you to look back 10 years ago at the University of Alabama, if you take Alabama’s recruiting class against the rest of the SEC the ranked #11 in 2002. They followed that up with a #12 recruiting class in 2003, and proceeded to recruit the #6, #6, #5, & #7 recruiting classes from 2004-2007 (Reminder: These rankings aren’t nationally, they are within the SEC). In 2008 they made a BCS bowl game with a team anchored by an average #6 recruiting class in the SEC. The next season they start their run at 3 out of 4 national championships. It’s not going to happen over night, and it’s not just going to be based on talent alone, it’s going to be the combination of strong coaching, excellent game planning, talented players, roster depth, support from both the school and fans, and patience for a consistency of winning to begin. UK is starving for a strong football program to go along with their stellar basketball tradition, and I believe Mark Stoops, his staff, and these players are the foundation for that dream. Lets support them rather than tear them down before we’ve ever seen what they can do. #BBN

13. duffus
    1:07 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

I have nothing to ad—–# 12 has said it all! When is the spring game again? Let’s just do it baby!!!!!!!