UK vs. South Carolina Fan of the Night Wants Pre-Signing Day Notes

Let’s run through a few pre-Signing Day notes before Tyler publishes her recap from Kentucky’s win in Rupp Arena.  The guy behind Calipari in the hat really wants some football talk before bedtime.

—  With Ryan Timmons announcing his commitment to Kentucky on Tuesday, Jason Hatcher is the focal point of the remaining targets on Kentucky’s big board.  Reports have been coming from all different directions claiming Hatcher has decommitted from USC and given his verbal to Kentucky, but with the way his recruitment has gone, it ain’t over until his signature meets the dotted line.  We’ll know for sure on Wednesday and all signs are pointing to great news for Kentucky.  It’s like a 98.85% chance he’s a Cat.

—  ESPN is reporting that it’s already a done deal and has been running the news on the BottomLine ticker.  ESPN Recruiting Nation spoke to Donna Hatcher, Jason’s mother, who said her son really likes the UK coaching staff and Stoops’ enthusiasm towards turning the program around.  Remember, it was Donna Hatcher who confirmed to Rivals.com last week that her son would be attending USC.

—  Hatcher is set to announce at 3:00 p.m., the same time Mark Stoops is scheduled to meet with the media in Lexington.  Both press conferences will be streaming online.

—  Could there be a Signing Day surprise on Wednesday?  If we knew now, it wouldn’t be a surprise.  But I can assure you Stoops and his staff are still working hard around the clock until everyone is off the board.  They aren’t giving up on anyone.  Nothing will shock me.

—  We’ll be up early Wednesday morning to cover National Signing Day from start to finish.  Nick Roush and I will have a running diary beginning at 7:30 a.m. and lasting until things start slowing down around the fax machine.  Join us early for a fun morning of building the 2013 recruiting class.  It should be a great, and historic, day for Kentucky football.

I better get off here and get some shut-eye.

See you on here bright and early!

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for UK vs. South Carolina Fan of the Night Wants Pre-Signing Day Notes

1. eastcoastcat
    11:47 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

enuff about football, my God. wheres the post game show??

2. Go cats
    11:50 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

We sure are happy about having the worst recruiting class in our conference. Calm down guys.

3. UK Fan in All Sports
    11:51 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Love UK in all sports. Lets get a top 25 recruiting class in football and bring on the gators in basketball.

4. AJKUK
    11:52 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

James Quick will switch and become a package deal with Hatcher tomorrow!! Calling it in right now! Place your bets.

5. Bulldawg
    11:53 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOOOOOTBAAAALLLLLLLLLL BBN??!!

#1 – Oh, if you didn’t know, yo a$$ better call SOMEBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

6. Drew, try Tim Horton’s Coffee and you might change your opinion about a cup o’ joe.

2 = UL troll.

7. GoCats
    11:53 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Any chance on Woulard at all? 247 said down to UCLA and UK.

8. WhoDat
    11:53 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

#2there you are again. Go on somewhere fool with your negativity!

9. Conrad
    11:54 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

I just happened to catch that guy saying “you never know what will come out of the fax machine” on ESPNU. If you are a coach waiting on a fax you should consider the forward pass in your offense. #facemask

10. Jason
    11:54 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

@4 If that were to happen I think my atheist uk friend would belive in God again.

11. G-UNit
    11:54 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

#2 I seriously loathe your a$$

12. Boy, if we were to get Hatcher, Hearns & also the guy who Les Miles wanted to greyshirt…whooh doggie!

13. Bulldawg
    11:55 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

#2 post something new for a change… first of all that is not true, secondly last in the SEC is still a top 30 class? I’ll take it. Last I checked loserville was ranked 50 something… lol. Little bro is so cute.

14. I meant “whooh Cats!” 🙂

15. Cats fan33
    11:56 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Who is that fan behind Cal?! And Goodwin’s dunk is in SC Top 10 Plays!

16. Impatient
    11:57 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know who Hatcher is. I hope Stoops makes the football team a winner. My main concern is the basketball team is winning, granted, but they haven’t bought into the team concept yet. Hey, it’ll be March very soon!

17. Bulldawg
    11:57 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Cal is radio gold!! I could listen to him talk all day.

18. Actually Rivals has us ahead of Arkansas and Mizzou as of this writing.

19. Go Cats.
    11:58 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

I love it when I state facts and people call it negativity. Lets get a better class than one other team not better than Alabama or LSU or Florida. Dear lord just try to get better players than Vandi. Don’t be last. Then ill join in the hype. Gonna win 4 games next season. MAX.

20. KyCatPhish
    11:58 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

You’re welcome for the screen grab of that pic, Drew. Also, who knew Ben Hogan’s ghost liked UK Basketball?

21. eastcoastcat
    12:01 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

UK is a BASKETBALL school. Always has, always will be. Think we will be elite in 2 sports? Has that ever happened?? and if somebody says Florida or Louisville im gonna puke. Anybody think our football team can be elite? srsly?
    UK BASKETBALL 4 life.

22. 19, click the link in 18 and you’ll see the facts.
    But again, you’re a UL troll anyway.

Night guys! Signing day is gonna be fun! Remember, some of the teams ahead of us had to crawl before they could run!

23. Evan
    12:02 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

#7 Asiantii Woulard doesnt have an offer from UK according to rivals and 247

24. 21, Notre Dame was a power in both for years. Yes, times have changed, but I firmly believe UK has the most solid staff in my lifetime. I might be wrong, but we’ll see.

Okay, night UK fans!

25. Real talk
    12:08 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

Espn has uk listed in woulards final choices. Plus some of his friends committed or is considering uk. So I’m still optimistic.

26. asdgas
    12:10 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

why dont we have a text alert service on NSD like A LOTTTT of schools do. Please!

27. Stickman
    12:11 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

Go Cats. Says:
    February 5th, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Your argument would almost hold water if you we’re actually sating facts. You’re not. You’re lying. Lying is not facts. God why do I have to explain this to you like you’re 14 years old?

We are not last in the conference in recruiting in the SEC. We are however, 20-something spots better than the next closest Kentucky school…

28. Brink
    12:13 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

26 because we have never had a good enough class to warrant one.

29. eastcoastcat
    12:13 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

middle of conference play fellas
    lets keep the main thing the main thing.

30. Turkey
    12:15 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

18. UK’s class would be good for #1 in Big East as it stands.

31. Broski
    12:41 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

Whew a lot of ridiculousness on this thread. 29, I was raised a UK fan. Didn’t choose to be. I also go to UK now. Basketball will always be #1 to most kentuckians. And yeah we’re in the middle of conference play AND it’s right before NSD for football. So as a school that’s TRYING to support both sports, KSR is posting about 1/2 and 1/2 football and basketball news. I know it’s an adjustment, but at least for now, there is a lot of hype around UK football. Basketball, I mean, we’re good, the team is playing better. Nerlens is a straight work horse for our team. It’s stupid for people to say we can’t be competitive in both sports though. We’re awesome at basketball. Did you know that we’re even more dominant in cheerleading? That’s ridiculous, not a cheerleading fan, but hey we’re good. We’re also really good in women’s basketball, baseball, rifle team, 5th best pharmacy school, 21st best nursing school, the list goes on and on. Maybe basketball is all YOU care about. But BBN does do a lot more than just basketball. GO CATS!!

32. Broski
    12:48 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

Apologies to my fellow states people for not capitalizing Kentuckians. And also, I realize I went on a bit of a tangent. But it really makes no sense to me that we can’t be good at football and basketball. They’re just two sports, they shouldn’t compete for attention. Also ask Matt and drew. They had a great story to share about their watching UK men’s tennis beat OU. I think they said we were ranked #9 in the nation in that too. So yeah, we’re good at other sports besides basketball, why not football??

33. eastcoastcat
    12:48 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

31 i was raised a UK fan too. straight outta pike co. Doesnt get more KY than that. We’ve always been terrible in football. but yeah i hear ya it is signing day. hope the football team makes the sugar bowl or somethin. And those other sports…are u serious.haha

34. henry earl
    12:55 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

21 it’s not like being good in football will take away from our basketball team, or that being a football fan makes you less of a bball fan you stupid f*ck. I’m a UK fan for life. I want us to dominate every sport. f*ck off with your negativity.

35. Hong Smiling
    3:29 am February 6, 2013 Permalink

I have started a local business, Brantford iPhone Repairs. We repair damaged iphone screens, backs, speakers, buttons and anything else that may break during use of your iPhone. We will soon be doing mail in repairs so I thought it would be good to spread the word incase you know someone who may find this service useful. Thanks!