UK To Wear A Couple Of New Jerseys This Season

Who wants more new jersey (not New Jersey) talk?  That’s right.  I thought so.  Matt was told earlier that UK will wear two different “special edition” jerseys this season in limited appearances.  Here is what we know about them:

(1)  The first jersey is what they are calling a “throwback” and will be gray with metallic lettering on the front.  Those uniforms will compe paired with special metallic warmpus that will feature all of the years that Kentucky has won the national championship on the back.  This jersey is expected to be worn only one time.

(2)  The second jersey is more of a Nike special edition that UK and Ohio State, as well as a few other unknown teams, will wear a couple of times throughout the season.   This uniform will also be gray, but the details are a little more unknown.  It sounds like it will be part of a special launch similar to what Nike did in football with Virginia Tech and Boise State.

You are now free to start budgeting for the extra Christmas presents.  Well played, Nike.

*Note:  That is not the actual jersey above….we just needed more Rex Chapman

Article written by Thomas Beisner

32 Comments for UK To Wear A Couple Of New Jerseys This Season

1. Marcus L. Owens
    4:27 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

1ST. HYPE!

2. stringmusic
    4:32 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

3. snarkster
    4:32 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

No return of the Catcicles?

4. gob bluth
    4:32 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

sounds cool…big fan of grey…still have my cliff hawkins 100th year jersey

5. Don
    4:33 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Finally…I would still like to see the black uni’s used at least one time.

I hope the throwbacks are for the North Carolina game

6. Buzzard
    4:42 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

way cool…I want one

7. Will McGahee's snaggle-tooth
    4:45 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Last time we wore gray, we lost. I’m against it.

8. Tim Daniel
    4:46 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Bring back the Denim jerseys!

9. awesometron
    4:47 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

I want to see some real throwbacks. I’m talkin satin shorts with belts. Ball is in your court Nike.

10. I Shoot 4s
    4:49 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

7. Tubby was coach then too. Things have changed

11. zatch
    4:50 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

I agree with the black units but would like them worn for remembering Mr. Wildcat. Weather it be on the day he died or the week of. I love the move for the different jerseys, it is as good for basketball as it is for football recruiting

12. Beisner Can't Spell
    4:51 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

“Those uniforms will compe paired with special metallic warmpus that will feature all of the years that Kentucky has won the national championship on the back.”

Sweet Zombie Jesus, get a spell-checker! What is a WARMPUS?

13. Volsfan32
    4:52 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Who gives 2 shits about ugly ass UK jerseys? I’m ready to hear all the BS talk bout how great they are gonna be again this year and how they will win a championship…haha. It will never happen with their one and done system bc those players wanna become stars and go pro, they aren’t worried bout winning a college championship, they jus ready to get paid

14. Well pilgrim, I gotta tell ya
    4:54 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Yea, 12 I gotta agree…metallic pus don’t sound too warm! But without Beisner’s blazing typing speed/no spell check the comments would not be near as Humerus.

15. JDH
    4:55 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Our colors are blue and white!

16. Ur momma
    4:58 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

I love it..
    When we lost in grey we had Scrubby Smith its a whole new era baybeee im not worried.

17. Well pilgrim, I gotta tell ya
    4:59 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

13 – You need some cheese!

18. JDH
    5:03 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

13. No one gives a crap about what a Vols fan thinks here. You better be worried about your own team. And, btw, if I were a Vols fan I wouldn’t be talking about how ugly other teams jerseys are.

19. Buzzard
    5:06 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

#13 – Tenn players call it a good year if they can just stay out of jail! And talk about ugly,
    what about those inside a pumpkin puke orange UT jerseys?

20. Insert witty name here
    5:07 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Is that you Cuanzo? Shouldn’t you be supervising your team picking up trash or makin’ license plates? Or are they still trying to do drive by’s in prius with paintball guns!!

21. Insert witty name here
    5:08 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

13. That is ^^^

22. Buzzard
    5:20 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

I forgot #13 – too bad no UT players are good enough to go pro..and I hope you witness UK kicking UT’s but bpth times this year

23. snarkster
    5:29 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

I think that number 13’s post is coded so that the guards at his correctional facility don’t catch on to the drug deal he’s planning. No doubt has a former UT football player for a Cellmate/BF. Roll over on your stomach, time for love!

24. What about...
    6:05 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

our school colors??? Last time I check they are BLUE and WHITE! What’s this gray crap???

25. truBLU
    6:12 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

#12–I’m not exactly sure what it is but I’m pretty sure I like it

26. jaygee85
    6:42 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

finally, i always wanted us to do some kind of throwback jersey for the biggest non-conference game of the year, hopefully it is for the UNC game and they wear some type of retro jersey

27. LindaS
    7:36 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

I’m old school, blue and white or white and blue. Silver, grey, black are not Kentucky colors. If they want a throw back, go back to the original blue which was darker then the Kentucky blue they use now. Also, good throwback would be those cute short tight basketball trunks from the 60’s!!!

28. Cousins Fake Teeth
    8:39 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Hopefully we can get a black uni in there somewhere.

29. LindaS
    9:53 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

What happened to my post?

30. GummyBear
    8:53 am July 15, 2011 Permalink

24 and 27.. UK has always incorporated gray (or silver) into their colors. Go back and look at all of the Rupp-era unis. Still today, there is always silver trim on the unis, plus almost all UK liscenced apparrel on the market has some gray in it. So don’t cry old school, when traditionally it is as much a part of the color scheme as Blue and White.

31. ipeeblue
    12:51 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I know our colors our blue and white and we are Big Blue. But i kinda like these jerseys. Definitely not a more than once occasion, but its nice to see a little variety and i think our Kentucky blue looks beautiful matched with any color. I would also love to see the black uniforms back. I really liked those and have always been a fan of Kentucky apparel that was black with our blue and white.

32. golfcat22
    4:24 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

our colors are BLUE AND WHITE. glad some room full of suits at nike decides stupid uniform ideas to make even more money. don’t need to reinvent the wheel. we aren’t boise or miami u where the unis have to make the news. NO BLACK UNIS. we aren’t salad head Duke either.