UK opens as 21pt underdog to USC

21, you say? Just how I like’em.” – Steve Spurrier

The opening line is out for next week’s home game against USC. Kentucky starts off as a 21 point underdog to South Carolina.

Article written by Chris Thomas

31 Comments for UK opens as 21pt underdog to USC

1. Rixter
    6:41 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

What’s the opening line for the over/under on attendance? 25,000?

2. UK325
    6:41 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Wish I was in Vegas to bet on that one

3. UK325
    6:53 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Over USC fans will be 75-25

4. DT in DC
    6:59 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Just like I said about this past weekend, the only way we lose by only 21 points is if USC plays their 3rd string the entire game. I am with #2. I wish I was in Vegas this and last week because I would have made some cash on that mess.

5. SATAN
    7:02 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

21 pts….sure

in the first half

USC may hold themselves to 21 points a half.

I say it’s more like 50 something to nada

This is going to be a brutal season.

40,000 attendance. If they’re lucky. There are a lot of UK fans who will hold on to the last.

These fans are one of the reasons that UK Football is pitiful.

These are the Jokers of Fanhood. They suck, too.

6. SCCat
    7:03 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Cats will cover this game. Max is back – defense plays up in front of the few fans there…

7. capt.
    7:12 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

One thing about joker sucking is, they can make you alot of money.
    Bet the house!

8. SexnNursinHomes
    7:13 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

chick has thick arms. hand jobs probably feel like an uncle’s touch. I’d still hit it tho

9. Rixter
    7:21 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

There was a LOT of money to be made on Florida – 24.5…. In my stupidity, I failed to make any of that money. USC – 21? The only question is how to spend the money……

10. Rixter
    7:23 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Two years ago, Lattimore ran for HOW many yards before he got hurt?
    Last year, USC scored HOW many points against Winston Guy, Danny, Trevathian, Ridge Wilson, and company?

Unless Max Smith can play the D-Line, this one is going to be U-G-L-Y

11. pete rose
    7:26 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Man, I’m sooooo happy I’m not UK’s coach. This way I can bet against a team and not get in trouble.

There is not a chance in hell that UK covers 21 points. NOT A CHANCE.

12. Spurrier
    7:29 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

It would have been gay for me not to notice that sweet young thang!

13. Iwantarealfootballcoach
    7:35 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

What about going after Mike Singletary for our new football coach? He was an excellent LB and has the passion to be a great football coach. It just didnt work out for him as an NFL head coach because hes more of a college coach. He would be decently cheap but would bring that “big name coach” to UK. I think he would get us alot of national attention which would help in recruiting. Lets land Mike Singletary!!! Go cats!

14. Head Ball Coach
    7:38 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Just for fun, I might just let my team win by 20.

That way I’ll pizz off 100% of the UK fan base. Some that will bet USC to cover. Some that want joker gone (cause apologists will say UK won / covered). AND, the joker apologists cause they know down deep inside that with a real head coach and a QB like Towles could hang with USC.

15. Rixter
    7:49 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

13, that’s a name I haven’t heard mentioned. I can’t argue with any of your points….

16. booger
    7:56 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Hang in there Joker—–love ya

17. B-Rabbit
    8:04 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

21. That makes me LOL

18. C'on man
    8:10 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

What do you mean we will cover because Smith is back. I hate to break it to you but Smith is a SEC back up at best. He could see the field for another SEC team. I’m sorry, but that’s the facts.

19. 21? my ass
    8:13 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Steve Spurrier is now 18-1 as a head coach (Florida and South Carolina) against Kentucky. In those 19 games, Spurrier’s teams have scored 40 or more points against the Cats 10 times and 50 or more six times.

21? my ass. Last time he was at commonwealth he got beat and we rushed the field. The ole ball coach is about to destroy

20. chris
    8:20 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

You heard it here first this game will be close going into the fourth quarter and it could go either way at the end. I am ready to rush the field

21. BlueTexan
    8:21 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

-42 at least. Superior needs to feed the polls!

22. uk
    8:23 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

chris, you’re an idiot

23. BlueTexan
    8:25 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

#13- And how’d Sylvester Croom work out for Miss. State? Helluva LB, NFL, etc., etc.
    Reach4Leach!

24. The Dirty Thirty
    8:37 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

OBC just making sure her hips are turned properly before she throws the ball. Always coaching.

25. carnifex
    8:43 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

I have never bet on a football game in my life, but I have watched UK for all that time. Make hay while the sun is shining boys, bet the house, the farm, your cars, your girlfriends, your dog, your cat, our girlfriends hotter sister, your mother, and your courtside season tickets to Rupp, Uncle Jokie’s finally gonna’ do something good for the fan base. Do it now, this spread will not hold.(it’ll double).

26. snarkster
    8:52 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

She’s not bad, but I’ll bet she’s a lot closer to 31 (if not 41).

27. chris
    9:39 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

so according to #5 were a bad fans because we root for our team

28. Steve Spurrier
    10:51 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Did those idiots in Vegas see last years game?

29. imrich
    1:38 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

I won 5 K on the Fla game–I might let it ride

30. Big blue Parrot Head
    1:52 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

Terry Bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden Terry bowden

31. Wildcatsteeler
    2:07 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

I can’t see this staying 21 points. That will be covered in the first half just like the Florida game.