UK is Top 10 in first-time starters

The Kentucky football team has now had 15 players earn the first starts of their careers this season, ranking the Cats top 10 in that category nationally.  Overall, Kentucky has played 26 freshmen on the season, good enough for fourth in the nation and only two behind the national leader. UK has played 14 true freshmen this season, which ranks UK fifth in the nation, also just two behind the national leader.

Making up the list of 15 first-time starters this year: true freshmen Jalen Whitlow, Zack Blaylock, Daron Blaylock and Cody Quinn; redshirt freshmen Daryl Collins and Zach West; sophomores Ronnie Shields, Tyler Brause, Miles Simpson, Ashely Lowery and Demarco Robinson; and juniors Jonathan George, Tristian Johnson, Avery Williamson and Patrick Ligon.

Ohhhhh… E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E! EXPERIENCE! EXPERIENCE! EXPERIENCE!

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for UK is Top 10 in first-time starters

1. Nathan
    10:11 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

first?

2. Finally
    10:11 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

Joker cracks the top 10 in something!

3. Nathan
    10:12 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

4. MemphisCat
    10:13 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

Top 10 in Freshmen played, #1 with coach on hot seat. Where are all the upperclassmen that was getting experience the last couple years?

5. The Source
    10:15 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

Heard today Mitch had his feeler’s contact Jon Gruden to gauge his interest in the job and tossed around some numbers. Stay tuned folks!

6. jj
    10:22 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

No 5….You heard wrong,Mitch already has his guy

7. Hahahahahaha
    10:31 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

5 – “Hahahahahahaha” click. Dial tone. If that story is true I assume that was the extent of the convo with Gruden. Something else that’s humorous is that’s the same convo Gruden prolly has every time Tennessee calls.

8. coach search
    10:45 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

I hate to interupt, but for our friends in Manhattan, DO NOT GO OUTSIDE!! If there are alligators in the sewer system…..they will surface. Just a tip.

Continue with coach speculations.

9. Blue Healer
    10:48 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

We at least have sharp uniforms. I like Whitlow he looks like he could be a good one given time. He seems like a smart hard working kid with lots of potential. We are in good shape QB wise with the log jam of three good ones. I would like to see Whitlow worked in even with Towles or Smith at QB. Maybe some kind of wildcat formation? We have some good players that are young we just need someone to lead them now.

10. Billy Clydes Football Helmet
    10:52 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

I’m available folks if you need someone to toughin up this squad. I know the tavern’s, massage parlor’s and gentlemen’s clubs well and could assemble a great staff. I can right this vessel that Joker has put a few holes in.

11. Christy
    11:52 pm October 29, 2012 Permalink

BIG BLUE NATION…I need y’alls help settling a debate between my boyfriend and I, and I know y’all will know the best. The city Versailles how is it pronounced? I say VER-SALES he says VER-SIGH. Now I really hope I’m right however he will not believe me y’all he will believe!! PS a case of Bud Lite is on the line 🙂 Thanks guys!!!

12. Sweet_Sugardaddy
    12:12 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

11) Well IMO….

The Versailles in KY is Ver-Sales.

The Versailles in France is Ver-Sigh. I’ve never heard someone say Versailles (Ver-Sigh) without rolling the r. Hope that helps

13. Christy seems to be right... =)
    12:21 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

That was spot on to what I had said thank you for the help!!!!
    So far
    Christy-1
    Jason-0
    =)

14. ohhai
    12:39 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

Go double or nothing on how to pronounce athens-boonesboro rd

15. westcoastcat
    1:12 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

Did anyone notice Andy Katz laugh when he said “My partner in crime”? not sure what Andy is trying to get at, but no worries because he is such a suck up we should be good. Who cares if we are cheating, cause we are winning! #BBN

16. WeSuck
    8:06 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

Excuses,excuses,excuses…..and more excuses….

17. Big Whoop
    8:08 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

When you rin off decent coaches and almost the whole 2009 recruiting class, what do you expect? #17 gets it.

18. bluesince66
    8:18 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

You’re right Christy us hicks pronounce it Ver-Sales

19. carnifex
    10:48 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

I think it would be illuminating to list the other Schools that have played more freshmen than us. Just for comparison.

(illuuuuminating!!!!) I love that word!

20. carnifex
    10:55 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

@Christy

You need to leave hoity toity french guy. I got a pick-em-up truck and a six pack of PBR! (Before you answer you got a picture?) Ah hell, never mind, I don’t need a pic.