UK Hoops is feeling festive

UK Hoops just released a video sure to get you in the holiday spirit. Join in with the number six team in the country as they sing the Christmas classic, “Jingle Bell Rock.”

I don’t think those are real lollipops. Nor do I think Janee Thompson is really playing that guitar. But, good effort all the same.

30 Comments for UK Hoops is feeling festive

1. Big Blue Monster
    5:06 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

First. They are painful to listen to. Glad they play basketball better than they sing.

2. reedwizard
    5:09 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

That is awful. Moving on…

3. Ouch
    5:09 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

That was really, really disturbing..

4. wow
    5:10 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

pretty obviously the name of the song isn’t jingle bells. Christ this site is terrible

5. Mark Edwards
    5:10 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

While it wasn’t grammy worthy I’m pretty sure that was Jingle Bell Rock, not Jingle Bells.

6. Gorgui Dieng
    5:12 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Three french hens

7. ACD
    5:12 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Georgi Dieng is laughing at this one. “Thee frenh hen”

8. Ridge Runner
    5:13 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Prolly they should have hummed.

9. LOL
    5:13 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Pretty obviously? not as terrible as your abuse of grammar #4

10. Eddie
    5:21 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

That made me pee in my pants and forget who I was for a Half-hour!

11. bosshogg24
    5:23 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

I hope they don’t quit their day job!

12. Michael
    5:32 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

I don’t understand why people are so negative “most” of the time on here. You should be ashamed!!! These girls work extremely hard at everything they do, and everyone should be very proud of the effort they have put forth to even do this video. You girls are awesome!!! Don’t listen to negative people. The BBN loves all of you and what you do!!!

13. Michael
    5:36 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

These girls get a trophy because that’s how awesome they are. No one should ever be told they aren’t good at something even when they are not. Criticism is not allowed and screw anyone who does not think positive all the time. You go, girlfriends. All these people are just jealous haters. I know you all are really fantabulous!!! OMG!

14. Michael
    5:37 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

I don’t understand why people go out of their way to complain about people going out of their way to complain. Dude, shut up. Not everyone is above a little negativity so get your holier than thou attitude out of here.

15. Ridge Runner
    5:38 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

13) You do know the nature of this site and it is a blog…right? There may be a few people who act like the grinch who stole Christmas on here –but for the most part the majority of us say things tongue in cheek or just to pick at people with a typed out jab. We aren’t ready to destroy all mankind or anything. Well, wait…when is that mayan calendar thing again? Anyway… Heck, the KSR writers offer sarcasm, joke around, pick, etc..at times along with many of us and it’s what makes this site so cool.

So lighten up a bit…

Now, if we can ever get the trolls to stop and register everyone as ysers…now we’re talkin’

16. the Big Dog
    5:42 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

I admire the thought behind this video and applaud the players for that. Beyond that, all I can say is that thank God they play basketball better than they sing.

17. Grow up people
    5:44 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

I though it was funny. All you negative people suck. A group of college girls singing and having a good time,how can some people get all upset over this. These girls aren’t trying to be Pearl Jam they are just playing around big damn deal. I know these girls work they’re tails off and represent this state in a way to make everyone proud they are excellent role models for my daughter and every little girl across the state.

18. Ridge Runner
    5:46 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

18) Good point. (cough)

Ummm….I umm…. I give up.

19. Tooblueforyou
    5:46 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Hate to say it but I think it’s time to make this a pay site, even if just for commenting. You can weed out the trolls who aren’t mature enough to have a bank account.

20. Michael
    5:46 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

I posted #13, not number #14 that has the same name as mine. I do not use that sort of language. Yes, everyone is allowed to have their opinion, and I respect that. I guess I just wished people wouldn’t be negative over something “good” the basketball team was doing.

21. Michael
    5:49 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Why are people trying to hurt the feelings of these ladies? They are basketball players so of course they should be great singers right? I mean, isn’t everyone just super at everything in the world? Negativity will not be tolerated.

20 – go get em, tiger. These trolls are just so silly. I can’t believe we have to waste entire paragraphs talking about their 2 word response. But we will show them that positivity can triumph over them just saying things to get a rise out us.

22. Duke Sucks
    6:11 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

I think these lady’s should be on TV more. I know it’s girls basketball, and usually people just don’t watch girls play as much as we do men’s games. That’s not being rude its just the facts, but this Hoops team is very entertaining to watch. They play a fun style and play it well. I know the school is about giving tickets away to get people to come and TV would hurt attendance . I think a lot more people would get behind this group if we could see more of them. It’s just ashame that most dont get to see them because MM has Realy done a great job here.

23. Sammydog
    6:18 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

You may have to get your Final Four Jollies from these women this year. They are contenders while the men are not…yet.

24. jimmy dinklewinker
    6:28 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

women’s basketballs ranked > men’s team unranked

25. Japrick
    6:34 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Really Bernisha? Really?

26. SMH
    7:26 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

That team needs some diversity.

27. EC
    10:20 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Lady Cats are wonderful on the court but not so much at singing. I couldn’t even give it the ol’ Pitino try. Ten seconds was all I could stand.

28. JJ
    10:27 pm December 12, 2012 Permalink

Where are all the white women at????

29. catfan38