UK Hoops Blowout Win Leads to Post-Game Drama

After the 5th ranked Kentucky Wildcats defeated Auburn today in Memorial Coliseum 97-53, you would expect a happy Matthew Mitchell and a disappointed but congratulatory Auburn coach. That was not the case. Throughout the game Auburn’s first year head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy looked visibly upset, as her team looked completely flustered on offense and committed 30 turnovers. This translated to a very salty post-game handshake during which Coach Williams-Flournoy let her feelings known to Coach Mitchell and the two exchanged some words before assistant Coach Pillow could steer Mitchell away.

Coach Williams-Flournoy then stormed into the media room for her press conference during which she said a two sentence opening statement and when no one seemed to ask her a question she stood up and said “Are y’all serious? Are you done? You want Matthew to come in here?”. Jen Smith from the Herald Leader then tentatively asked her what she thought of Kentucky’s defense and Williams-Flournoy went on to say “I thought it was pretty un-classy to continue to press when you’re up by 46 points.” She then said it was “not respectful” of Kentucky to play the way they did with such a large lead. When asked if she was expecting UK to take the press off her team she answered “we’re a pressing team (too) and when we’re beating someone like that, we pull the press off”. In response, Coach Mitchell didn’t want to make the drama into a big deal, simply saying “if anybody is unfamiliar with how we play and what our goals are, then that is their problem….maybe we could have played less hard today and won, but that’s not the goal for us.”

Kentucky’s motto this entire season is #40MINS. You see it on the big screen in Memoral Coliseum, you see it printed on all of the media guides and gameday programs. Mitchell constantly preaches to his team the need to play a complete 40 minute game of Kentucky basketball, and that involves pressing defense. Seems to me that Coach Williams-Flournoy was a little upset about how well UK played and wanted Mitchell to “take it easy” on her team. That isn’t the way UK coaches, and it definitely isn’t the way they play.

Nevertheless, the 18-1 Wildcats continue their quest toward a SEC title on Thursday night on the road against a ranked South Carolina team at 7. Their next home game is next Sunday at 3 against LSU.

What do you think? 40 minute press too much? Or is Auburn’s coach just salty her team couldn’t handle it?

Follow me on Twitter @WilderTreadKSR

Article written by Wilder Treadway

KSR Alpha Class '12 #holla

110 Comments for UK Hoops Blowout Win Leads to Post-Game Drama

1. SteveNash
    6:12 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Go for the Jugular! Never slow down!

2. FeedMeSeymour
    6:12 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

What she did was low class. Pulling the press off in middle school basketball is fine. Even letting up a little in HS is acceptable, but when you play college basketball that’s totally different. Coach Mitchell is trying to accomplish lofty goals and you don’t do that by letting up.

3. Coach
    6:13 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Its womems basketball for godsake who cares.

4. Ares
    6:14 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I would like to know if he had the starters in the whole game. If his reserves were pressing then too bad they need experience to doing what they do. If I had my 2nd or 3rd string in I still want them to press and do things in a game that we do in practice. I am not telling them to go easy ever.

5. rixter
    6:16 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I always go back to the Bill Curry quote…. if you don’t want somebody to run up the score on you then keep the game close

6. Ridge Runner
    6:16 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

3, then don’t comment on the subject you don’t care about.

Anyway, 2 is right. Besides, today w live in a world where those who vote the rankings will certainly give more creedence to big wins. Higher rankings mean higher seeds when they are released. She just needs to grow up and throw all that energy on coaching her own team.

7. Lol
    6:16 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

It would have been embarrassing for Auburn if we took the press off. Would have shown everyone that we were taking it easy on them.

8. J. R.
    6:17 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like Auburn’s coach is mad that her team got taken to the woodshed. Boo freakin hoo. I love Matthew Mitchell and his brand of basketball. Unless I am Baylor, I don’t want to see UK’s women in the tourney.

9. Ridge Runner
    6:17 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

^ oops, meant “lower seeds” above but I’m sure ya knew that anyway.

10. Tommy
    6:18 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I love coach and what he does,, but it might b slightly excessive. But in Matthew I trust

11. Mike
    6:20 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

She was mad because it showed she didn’t do her job. Had she watched tape of the UK hoops team it would become pretty apparent that they press, hassle, and get in opponents faces for the entire 40 minutes. She should have seen this recurring theme from previous games and wasn’t prepared.

12. Jim
    6:20 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I agree with Ares! As long as the bench is in, press until the end. The press is just another defensive set. If he was playing half court man and her team couldn’t score, would she want him to have to switch to a zone!! What a crybaby!! Auburn had better start looking for another coach!!
    Coach Mitchell is the man!!!

13. rixter
    6:21 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I agree # 7. Maybe we could have put the student managers in… or put blindfolds on the players.

14. rixter
    6:23 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Maybe that Auburn chick should be more concerned with washing that greasy hair than UK running up the score on her inept team.

15. bluristhurr
    6:26 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I never did understand why you wouldn’t try to score as many points you can. And what’s classless is them hoop ear rings and her hair pulled back looks like she has them gauged

16. BPsycho
    6:27 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Is Matthew Mitchell gonna have to choke a *****?

#toosoon

17. Iucansuckbigblue.....
    6:29 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Don’t get upset girl… Lol

18. JP
    6:33 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Maybe she should get a better team and this wouldn’t happen

19. mudcreekmark
    6:34 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

If I remember right, didn’t a certain team come back from a 33 point deficit with about 14 minutes to play? I would be more embarrassed by my own teams play instead of worrying about the other team calling off the dogs.

20. Iydli
    6:35 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

If you don’t like it, get better.

21. JPhelps
    6:37 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Haters gon hate! Pour it on!

22. Doug
    6:37 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

When you go to Auburn, leave the starters in the entire game. If you can’t handle the pressure, don’t coach.

23. Real UK Fan
    6:37 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Women do not play basketball. However if you are going to play a sport, play it to the best of your ability. Beat the opponent as badly as you can. Make no exceptions and show no mercy. That is the way every game should be played regardless the sport. If you can’t stand to lose, then you have two options. Either win or don’t play.

24. SexnNursinHomes
    6:38 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I have no clue what this lady is yappin’ about, but I’ll tell ya one dame thing, her index finger could pleasure a polar bear.

25. Drew Greene
    6:41 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, cause when Alabama gets up 30 on us next year, Coach Stoops will be angry that Nick Saban didn’t take a knee. The rules aren’t different just because they’re women and the game shouldn’t be played differently either. Props to Matthew Mitchell for sticking to his guns.

26. red headed step child
    6:41 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

#40minutegame. I guess Auburn’s hoops coach believes in gun control as well. Can’t handle the heat get out of kitchen little SIS

27. Section 135
    6:41 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

She has no one to blame but herself.

28. Facts
    6:41 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky doesn’t really have a second or third team. The have 11 players that play significant minutes and they are all good. Coach Mitchell doesn’t let the team let up because he wants them always preparing for a 40 minute battle.

29. mudcreekmark
    6:43 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I also remember a certain team pressing and running and gunning to a tune of a 50 point ass beating by Kansas but Pitino sent a message of this is how we are going to play no matter the opponent.I think this is what Mitchell is doing. These girls don’t get to play 30 plus minutes each, they play alot of players and have different players play big roles each game.If some of the girls only get in in the final minutes of a game like this, don’t we want them to play Kentucky basketball while they are in there just in case they are called on in crunch time of a close game? I follow these girls quite a bit and sometimes some of them will play only 6 or 7 minutes one game and then you will see them play 25 minutes the next game. According to matchups and riding the hot hand.That is just how he coaches.If you don’t want to get beat by 50 then do something about it. Don’t blame the other coach for your shortcomings.

30. The Fire Guy
    6:43 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I never knew it was one teams responsibility to stop playing so the other team could catch up. This is Division 1 Basketball. There is a lot more at stake than juice boxes and gummy bears.

31. red headed step child
    6:47 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Sorry that last part may have been a little sexist

32. Big Girl Panties
    6:49 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Flournoy forgot to put me on today

33. Tej
    6:50 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

#26-an inappropriate and dumb comment about Auburn’s coach and gun control.

34. blitzedanddazed
    6:52 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Williams-Flournoy was upset because UK went after a certain Auburn player that she is very “close” with.

35. Twin
    6:52 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

3, why dont you just not comment if you dont care. Grow up> Lady cats looking good

36. Dcgirl
    6:53 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Seems like a mercy rule would be better. Auburn should have just surrendered at halftime.

37. Brandi Ashley
    6:53 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Obviously she has never watched UK play. If she wants somebody to take it easy on them, she should’ve chose another team besides UK because that will never happen.

38. Bob
    6:54 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Notice has been served to SEC teams. If you don’t want to play hard for forty minutes against a team that intends to play hard for forty minutes, you can always forfeit the game, save some money on travel expenses and limit the degree to which you suffer a sense of loss.

39. carnifex
    6:54 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I don’t recall these people bitchin’ when we were bad and they were bitch slappin’ us. Tis is big boys, or girls sports sweetie, why don;t you go bake us a cake if you can’t take the heat.

40. Cousins Fake Tooth
    6:54 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

What a cunt. #SoreLoser

41. jklee
    6:54 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

That guy needs to relax and worry about his own team

42. bgblue
    6:54 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I can’t believe what she said. A coach is saying anybody, your own team or opponent team to take it easy. If your mentality is that way, your team will never win. She shouldn’t be coaching.

43. PMS
    6:55 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I guess it’s just that time of month

44. The Blue Goose
    6:58 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I think it was the ole Ball Coach who said something along the lines of, “It ain’t my job to shut my team from scoring…I think it’s their job. They need to do their job better.”

45. L1C4
    7:03 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

We will win with class because we have a classy coach. Our victories will not be questioned or vacated.

46. Devil Cat
    7:04 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

You mean according to her we were up by 46 and only win by 44? Where. did we go wrong with those 2 points? I hope the girls have to run stairs for that. I hope Coach Mitchell is here for the long haul. I love his style of ball. If Tubby had it he may have been here longer.

47. Eddie Harris from Major League
    7:07 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Up your butt Joe Boo.

48. Mike
    7:12 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Her face cud pleasure a polar bear as well.

49. Tinsley
    7:13 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

i can see both ways but, if your motto is 40 minutes you better go hard all 40 minutes

50. red headed step child
    7:14 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Excuse me 33 please read comment 31. You need to chill, me a beer.

51. stfu
    7:16 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Is she a dike? I bet if a dike beat her that bad she would not have said a thing? I also bet she voted for Obama!

52. Eli
    7:16 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

She needs to grow a pair……or has she?

53. Hayley Minogue
    7:17 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Williams- Flournoy must not have watched enough tape, or ever heard anything about the program that Matthew Mitchell is running. This team plays hard THE ENTIRE GAME. Mitchell was running 5 person subs and literally every player hit the court today. Did she expect us to send Maegan Conwright out there? If our deepest bench players are breaking down the Auburn offense, she needs to take a step back and reflect on her own coaching abilities. Her first year immaturity showed through today. Nicely done PIC!!! You’re going places. Love, Hayley.

54. Cat Fan
    7:22 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

40 MINUTES IS 40 MINUTES!!! PERIOD!

55. Big Blue 66
    7:24 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

she obviously thought this was an Upward game

56. #cheatstrong
    7:24 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Once she is fired by Auburn, she should look into proctology.

57. Big Whoop
    7:28 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Cry me a river. She’s upset because our gals beat the crap out of her team? There is a solution. Auburn needs to get better and maybe get a better coach. I would love to see our men’s team play as hard. I didn’t hear Mitchell whine when Baylor beat us so badly in the first game. I wonder what kind of cheese she had with her whine.

58. Rjr
    7:30 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

He should have called off the press. Show some class.

59. Phat Wreck
    7:33 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Waaaaaaa……

60. cat fan
    7:37 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t hear Coach Mitchell whine when we were thumped by Baylor. By the way, Auburn let up during the Tennessee game and ended up losing. Hummm?????
    40 MINUTES could have helped her team.

61. gotreadgo
    7:38 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Ahh, losing hurts I reckon…both for the Auburn coach and the folks still whining about Obama on a blog post about hard play for a full 40. Makes me wonder how they get the game broadcast through the tinfoil hats? Anyhow keep pedal to the metal #Mitchell and get them ready for March.

62. Bubba Earl
    7:42 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Coach Mitchell should have slapped that Beatch, grow up sugar britches sounds alot like the press conference Coach Cal had at UMASS with Jerkhead Chaney of Temple!!

63. Kittyfan
    7:45 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Keeping the game respectably close in the name of “sportsmanship” was the way things were done forty years ago. With “seeding,” ranking and experience at stake now, all bets are off for the entire 40 minutes. Sorry ’bout that.

64. UKnBama
    7:46 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I don’t recall Steve Spurrier ever calling off the dogs when he had his high pressure offense – different sport, I know. It seems that opposing coaches, even one of our former coaches, said “it’s our job to stop them”. Maybe she should take the high road and know that it’s their job to stop the press by defeating it.

65. DavidDuke$UK
    7:46 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

A white coach would not have had an issue with it.

66. Rjr
    7:50 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

65 you should be banned from the Internet.

67. EC
    7:51 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

If you can’t tun with the big Cats, stay in the house.

68. mashburnfan1
    7:51 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

not like this is not what we have done all year. you have to play to get better no matter what the score. we have things to work on to reach the ultimate goal. did she not watch previous game tape or have a scouting report? shut the hell up and go back to auburn and practice.

69. Trophys
    7:51 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

She must have grown up when every child gets a trophy for just participating, not winning. UK is about winning. Don’t play us if you don’t want to play 40 mintues of basketball. No trophy today!

70. skeen
    7:54 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

If you don’t want to be embarassed, get better!

71. Herm Edwards
    7:57 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

You play… to win… the game!

72. Rec League Commissioner
    8:03 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

If she wants teams to take it easy on each other and give everyone a trophy just for participation; she should have her team join my rec league. At least then everyone can feel good about themselves and enjoy the picnic afterwards. Lady this is division one basketball where teams play to win titles. If you can’t handle it then get out of the profession

73. Denny Crums Lettuce
    8:04 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Its SEC athletics, the best in the Nation. If you dont want to get smoked, do what your football program did and pay for your players … (See CAM NEWTON)
    By the way, any one know what a 1986 National Championship Cardinal Big Red Bottle would sell for? I need a new fishing rod…..

74. BOO BABY
    8:11 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

What a baby. Call your bro and see how bad he beats the s… out of teams. Go back to being andy’s asst.

75. Sully
    8:12 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

C’mon, folks. There is a thing called sportsmanship. Forty-plus point lead with five minutes, you’re not going to blow that lead. Call off the dogs. You can still play hard without pressing; plenty of other stuff to run.

76. BOO BABY
    8:15 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

#75 and TWF. Go get a d… pt g that can go left and play.

77. HackRichards
    8:17 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I did not watch the game so I have a question. Dis Mitchell Press in the last 10 minutes with the starters? Or Press with the subs? I think that does make a difference.

78. Steve
    8:17 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Ask Nolan Richardson – I remember his 40 minutes of “hell”.

79. Boo Says
    8:19 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Shut up and take your L sis. What a loser. I agree go home and practice!!!!

80. Kelly
    8:28 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Hey Auburn GO RECRUIT

81. Linda Taylor
    8:29 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if Dartmouth’s coach complained in a similar manner after Georgetown beat them 77-38 last year when Williams-Flournoy was Georgetown’s coach. She can dish it out but I guess she has a problem with losing with grace.

82. Kelly
    8:32 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

This is college ball. Not optimist league. Put it on em coach. Tennessee has been doing this for years in women’s ball. It’s our turn and people can’t handle it.

83. aengr
    8:33 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I watched most of the game including all of the second half. I have been watching and listening, and bleeding blue for nearly 60 years. The Baylor coach was right to be upset. A full court press of any kind after the game is over is a Pitino-like ego trip. Coach Mitchell owes Baylor an apology. Play as hard as you like but the BBN was not built on that kind of BS.

84. s.motley
    8:35 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

How classy is it of her to be such a bad sport? I love it!!! I hope they beat em by 70 next time they play

85. Linda Taylor
    8:41 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

77 – The answer to your question is Mitchell substitutes liberally throughout the game and expects all of the players to give 100% for 40 minutes or if the game goes longer, however long the game takes. The subs were pressing at the end of the game because that is how they play. Period. This team is trying to win a national championship not cater to another coach’s idea of how the game should be played. They are doing what they need to do to get to the next level. They don’t want to go home early this year. They want the title. If Auburn has to be a sacrificial lamb so be it. It is up to Auburn’s coach to coach her team and get them better so they won’t lose by such a large margin. In so doing hopefully she will show more class from now on. I understand her frustration but she should have held her tongue. Did she think the SEC would be easier than the Big East? Sorry toots, welcome to the SEC.

86. Big Blue Fan
    8:41 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Not a big deal happens all the time to us in football lol

87. Blueswade
    8:41 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Beat em worse next time.

88. Blueswade
    8:43 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

83….
    You watched the game?!?!….they didn’t play Baylor!

89. Linda Taylor
    8:58 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

88 – I couldn’t decide if 83 was being a little tongue in cheek since we lost by a large amount to Baylor in our only loss or if perhaps he/she might have a problem with dementia.

90. Matt
    9:13 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Coach Mitchell is trying to get his team to the final four and it may take his team pressing the entire game at some point to do so. I don’t have a problem with a team preparing for what may lie ahead. It was classless on how the Auburn coached acted. From the looks of it, they needed help working on breaking a press.

91. CatsFan
    9:18 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

In a phrase, how about she just kisses UK’s ass…..

92. SweetWm
    9:24 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

What kind of coach is she when she doesn’t know which finger to use??

93. bluebiscuit
    9:36 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like she spent too much of the game stewing over how Mitchell was coaching rather than concentrating on her own coaching.

94. playin' 40 mins like a boss
    10:33 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I see nothing wrong with it. #83, you need to stop acting like you know what’s up when you’re confused as to who we played and who’s upset. The motto is 40 minutes, not “let’s play hard until someone gets butt-hurt”. Now, if this was football and we’re flat out murdering a team, then yeah, it’s un-classy because someone could get seriously hurt. It was an issue this past season when scrub colleges are getting paid a ton of money and sacrificing the health and football careers of their student-athletes for a buck so they can build a parking garage or new dorm building. The Auburn coach is a salty lesbian who should’ve handled the situation a li’l better, now instead of looking like a bad coach, she looks like a bad coach who is also a sore loser. Congratulations! Go Cats and go Coach Mitchell and the Hoops team! #40 minutes

95. Jack
    10:34 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Even the ESPN broadcasterxs commented, more than once, that Auburn wants to play fast pace and run.. They could have tried to control tempo and held the score down. She elected not to do so. The analyst also said that Auburn generally only uses 6 people. You do that and play at a fast pace against this tem and you’re apt to get the he’ll beat out of you. Then cry about it? Give me a break.

96. Christian
    10:53 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I think the other coach was just a sore loser and she was emmbarresed for getting beat that bad. We’re sorry that our team is good and we just happened to blow your team out.

97. Christian
    10:59 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I’ve played basketball ever since I was 8 and I’ve never had a coach tell us to let up in a game. I guess it can be looked at as unsportsmanlike but hey sorry……not sorry

98. Christian
    11:01 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Hey but maybe our UK Hoops Squad did her team a favor we might have motivated them to get in the gym and work on some fundamentals a little more so that next time they can complete with the best!

99. Christian
    11:04 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

Our UK team did exactly what they needed to do they did not change their game plan and she shouldn’t have thought that they were going to do so just because her team was not ready

100. Christian
    11:07 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I love Wilder Treadway and all of UK athletics. Wilder is my family my brother and my cuh cuh!! Also he is a great writer for KSR!! Love you fam!!

101. wildcat96
    11:10 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

What a sore loser….expects the other team to “let up”….are you serious?!

102. LexJim
    11:22 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

I think it’s obvious most people on here did not watch the game. Matthew had started easing up and Auburn went on a run and cut the lead to 24 points. After a bucket by Walker where she was fouled by Auburn and the TV timeout at the under 8 minute mark UK put on a huge run to put the game out of reach. Auburn just quit during this time. They were exhausted. Maybe coach Mitchell could have called off the dogs about then but it was obvious the UK players were going to keep pushing it. You can’t blame Auburn’s coach for being upset but the irony is that had they not gone on their run we would have called the dogs off.

103. Sore Loser
    11:36 pm January 20, 2013 Permalink

She should ask former LSU basketball coach Dale Brown on how to act after a beat-down of epic proportions. This is college basketball and you don’t get upset at the team that just beat the crap out of you. If you don’t want to get beat then stop the other team. It’s not Mitchell’s fault that his team is so good and her’s is so bad. If anyone should be mad it should be the Auburn players for having such an unclassy and pathetic coach.

104. Tampa Satchel
    12:52 am January 21, 2013 Permalink

Sour grapes make sour whine.

105. bigbluelife
    6:56 am January 21, 2013 Permalink

Not a tea party lady- it’s big time women’s basketball and if you and your team cannot COMPETE than be prepared to have your asses handed to you regularly.

106. ComesAroundGoes...
    9:00 am January 21, 2013 Permalink

Women’s Basketball Trounces Alabama State, 80-43, In Home Opener
    “At the end of the game with almost four minutes left we gave them another defensive goal, because I didn’t think that they were playing defense, so I had to threaten them a little bit and give them a defensive goal,” said Williams-Flournoy. “They actually reached the defensive goal. It was 45.”

107. Jeff Garlin
    9:03 am January 21, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if Wilder got in any fights today… Get um Wilder!!!!!

108. The Hoff
    9:26 am January 21, 2013 Permalink

This is college basketball Sis. If you can’t handle it find another occupation.

109. maddogmitchell55
    12:04 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I don’t even let up on my 9 year old daughter when we are playing checkers and this lady is crying about big-time women’s college hoops? Sounds like somebody got thoroughly embarrassed. Way to go UK. I hope they beat em by 60 the next time they play them. BTW, Coach Mitchell’s response was fantastic.

110. Just Sayin
    12:28 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

#106 – Great find and your name says it all. Wonder if the coach at Alabama State whined because she turned up the defensive intensity in a blowout or if they just took their guaranty check and went home with class.