What? The SEC tournament? Never heard of it.
The football Cats were out in full force this morning working out for representatives from 26 of the 32 NFL teams during their annual Pro Day.
Randall Cobb and Derrick Locke chose not to participate in the drills like the 40 yard dash and the vertical jump, preferring to let their numbers from the combine stand. However, Mike Hartline and Chris Matthews both ran the 40 and both clocked very favorable times. Hartline ran a 4.8 and Matthews ran a 4.5. Both numbers are great considering the size and position of the two senior Cats.
Just a few quick hitters:
– Cobb participated in drills at the running back position to display his versatility.
– That’s promising news for Bengals fans, like myself, because Bengals running back coach, Jim Anderson, was on hand. I’d love to see either Locke or Cobb in a Bengals uniform next season.
– Winston Guy tweaked his hamstring during the drills but is staying in Lexington over spring break and should be good to go for spring ball.
– Danny Trevathan chose not to participate in any activities citing soreness.
– Other notable Cats in participation today: Moncell Allen, DeQuin Evans, Brad Durham, Shane McCord and Ricky Lumpkin.
– The six NFL teams not in attendance were Chicago, Dallas, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego and Tampa Bay.
Alright, back to basketball