UK Football sent Colin Cowherd 50 letters after he mocked them

BQHRBYCCQAExlHG

Earlier this week, ESPN radio host Colin Cowherd mocked UK Football’s method of bulk mailing recruits, and in response, the athletic department sent him fifty letters the next day. Check out the picture of some of Colin’s letters, which, we should note, he spread out just like a recruit would.

I think Colin put it best (#thingsIdontsaymuch) when he said, “I’ve talked about Kentucky football three times this week on the show, so I’m guess they’re doing something right.”

Stoops don’t mess around.

If you missed it, our own Drew Franklin also got some letters this week:

drew

32 Comments for UK Football sent Colin Cowherd 50 letters after he mocked them

1. NL
    1:06 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I love how this staff is willing to fight. You need that in football

2. CatFan
    1:13 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Get Colin to call in next week to KSR! Thanks.

3. Loser
    1:14 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I bet even Cowturds mamma doesn’t even like him….

4. Musehobo
    1:15 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Cowherd is such a tool. He reminds me a lot of Hannity. Even if he makes a decent point every now and then, you’ll never notice it. Because he’s so obnoxious and rude, you hate to give him credit for anything.

5. WRB
    1:21 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

His last name as far as I’m concerned is spelled wrong, but I can fix that. Now on ESPNU is your host Colin Cowshit. OK now you know why ESPN can’t call him by his real name.

6. IMO
    1:27 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I have to disagree with most of you on here, Colin is probably my favorite show on ESPN radio. I listen to him every day. I’d be willing to bet most of you have never listened to more than 5-10 minutes of his show on occassion. He not only calls it like he sees it which I for one appreciate, he’s correct more than he is wrong. In his college and NFL pick’ems last year against the spread he beat Vegas 72% of the time. Best advice I’ve ever heard him say, “It’s the guy who can bring himself to bet against his team that often wins.” He’s not a pessimist he’s a realist and that’s something people in this day and age can’t handle anymore.

7. I Say
    1:29 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Colin loves UK basketball. He was all over Cal last year when Cal did his rounds with espn. So stop running your mouths

8. trey
    1:31 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

2) if I’m not mistaken, he has his radio show at the same time as KSR

9. I Say
    1:31 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Thank you 6. Colin keeps it real

10. I Say
    1:31 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

My buddy works at a bank in Meade county and said that Matt Elam just walked in with a Bama shirt on

11. SCCat
    1:33 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I agree with 6 – love Colin Cowherd’s plain spokenness about the business of sports. He gets the Vegas perspective. He also understands “brand name” athletics. Between his show and SVP/Rusillo, it’s the smartest sports radio you can get each day.

12. CatFan
    1:34 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

8-He does, didn’t think about that. I also agree with 6 and 7 on Colin.

13. KSR commenter
    1:36 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Is MY mail about to blow up?

14. JohnW
    1:39 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

So #10 that isn’t a big deal….If any of us were being recruited by Bama and other schools we would wear those shirts to…He isn’t announcing till the Army All American game anyway…so everone just needs to let him enjoy the recruiting….I bet Hatcher was wearing USC gear up till just before he signed with UK….

15. Spades
    1:43 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

6. Ok, thanks Chris from Richmond.

16. We Say...
    1:45 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

My buddy works at Valero in Shelbyville. He said Matt Elam just walked in and purchased a RC Cola and a moon pie. O yeah….he was wearing a Tim Couch jersey.

17. Nathan
    1:48 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

10) I sure hope your buddy did not give you that information, because I work for a bank, and any disclosure of customer information, even that you saw them in the branch, will get you fired.

18. IMO
    1:49 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Actually #15 my name is Aaron from Lexington, so if you have a problem with my comment tell me I’m wrong. Mainly I just want to hear your argument because it seems like your best attempt at an argument is trying, and failing I might add, at release my name on this site. I keeps it real.

19. IMO
    1:50 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

*releasing

20. I Say
    1:53 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I just watched#16 walk into a Dick’s Sporting Goods, grab a baseball bat and promptly sit on it.

21. RealCatsFan
    1:55 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

#10, did he make a big deposit too? If so, then we can assume the check from Saban came through!

22. mike
    1:56 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

@10 your trolling dude. second time you’ve posted this. Regardless, thats not even a big deal. He has been seen wearing UK gear too. So what?

23. Wildcat Bob
    1:57 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Cowherd is one of those classic examples of an idiot that says alot of words but really doesn’t say anything of value. Really high on himself for no reason. Talked alot of shit about Wall being a cancer because of his perceived “reputation” instead of looking at the facts – Wall was a great teammate at UK.

24. I Say
    1:57 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I am not a troll, I comment on here regularly. I was just saying. I didnt mean to make it a spectacle

25. Do whut?
    2:00 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Starting to think there isn’t a single staff in the country that could do a better job than Stoops’ at what has to be done to change the culture at UK. As Cal is to the unique UK basketball program Stoops is to the challenge that is UK football. Just amazing. Marketing professionals should be taking notes.

26. greensboroCayt
    2:35 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

@23 Wildcat Bob you nailed it on the head. I previously thought Cowherd’s blabbering was quite entertaining, until specifically I heard him dogging the shit out of our man Wall last summer with the same cancer stuff you mentioned, which clearly rubbed me the wrong way. Just a talking head trying to bash a kid and make him out to be way worse.

27. uh huh
    3:25 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

@24 Sure ya did

28. hot girls
    3:27 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

What’s up to every , because I am genuinely eager of reading this blog’s post to
    be updated daily. It includes good material.

29. Bradley
    4:45 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Cowherd says whatever stirs the pot. That my friends is not keeping it real.

30. GrumpyOldDude
    4:59 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I agree with Colin, 50 letters in a day is just a ridiculous waste of postage and time.

31. Truth
    7:03 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Cowherd smashes puppies and waxes the steps at the old folks home on a regular basis.

32. TW10
    7:45 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

All you morons loving Colin must have forgotten all the ish he talked about our boy John Wall 💪🙌