UK Football Blue/White Spring Game

Well, Joker and the boys are back at it. The Blue and White Spring game starts in about 30 minutes, and I will be guiding you throughout the evening. The game is free admission and also free parking, so if you are in Lexington with nothing to do, come support the team. Plus, UK is giving out a poster of Matt Roark being carried of the field after beating the Vols, so that’s pretty cool. The action will not be on TV, but you can catch it on the UK IMG Radio Network (WLAP (630 AM) in Lexington and WKJK (1080 AM) in Louisville), with our main man Tom Leach calling the play-by-play.

If that’s still not enough incentive for you to come out, the “flat top feller” Nerlens Noel will also be in attendance. Come meet him, or at least, come see the high top fade in person.

Feel free to thread the game here.

Go Cats.

Article written by Rashawn Franklin

19 Comments for UK Football Blue/White Spring Game

1. nerlens noel
    5:39 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

I’m first like we will be next yr!!! Basketball that is not so much in football.

2. WeAreUK
    5:42 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

RF you do gr8 work, thanks for not being negative about the program in your story.

3. al sharpton
    5:47 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

no love for the color man

4. Beepthacreep
    5:58 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

Uk football doesn’t exsist

5. Christopher Cullum
    6:00 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

Hello,

My name is Christopher Cullum and I am sending this email for Matt Jones. I couldnt find any other way to reach him so I thought this would maybe be the best way. I am currently in podiatry school in New York City and I am currently in the process of trying to form a basketball tournament in the East Harlem area in Manhantan. I am looking for sponsors to help me with this and I couldnt think of a better way to start then asking you guys. I am a huge Kentucky fan and I am originally from Cincinnati. Obviously I dont have much information on the tournament quite yet but I am in the process. Just let me know if you have any interest at all, if not I totally understand but I think this would be a great opportunity to spread the word about kentucky basketball even more and show that we care.

Christopher Cullum

6. Christopher Cullum
    6:01 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

The website email didnt work

7. listentome!
    6:04 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

Football haters GTFO.

8. Meh
    6:21 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

7: most fans aren’t haters, we are just in touch with reality. Our basketball team is on top of the world and our football is the worst in SEC. I really hope we succeed but the fact that we have so many long term problems (bad recruiting, people leaving, facilities are garbage, state blocking football spending) it all makes it very hard to see things getting better…

9. Head Bussa
    6:23 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

Please update the picture Rashawn!

10. Meh
    6:25 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

5, I doubt having KSR sponsor an unknown tourney in Harlem will help spread the word about UK basketball. I think winning the championship did a fine job of that.

11. Christopher Cullum
    6:38 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

10, You do what you do. Spreading the word that kentucky cares, im not spreading the word about kentucky basketball thats been done sir along time ago. It would look good thats all Im saying. Atleast im trying something, go ahead and hate. Plus I would like to work with KSR since I am a huge fan of their work.

12. Christopher Cullum
    6:40 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

10, They prolly have no interest what so ever, atleast worth a try.

13. hurtlimo
    6:43 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

Anybody know where to get scrimmage on net?

14. Big Blue 66
    7:12 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

Cal just tweeted that he is at the blue white game……I thought he was in Pittsburgh at the bball jam fest……Cal never sleeps #teamnosleep…………….oh, and how is the turnout?

15. Charile Strong
    7:14 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky=Owned. 15 people at your game LMAO

16. 3 fan
    7:18 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

Friend of mine at games estimated crowd of 2,000 AT BEST….

17. Andrew
    7:29 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

This is just a thought, everyone says there is no way a big name football person ever comes to Kentucky. However, what if our basketball “kentucky effect” actually has an effect on the football team? What have we seen come into Rupp arena every year? NFL players and coaches because Coach Cal has connections. Could we anticipate some of those connections get contacted?

18. tim clark
    7:33 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

3 and whatever, when he isn’t drunk or cheating on his wife, he attempts to coach football

19. troy
    9:19 pm April 21, 2012 Permalink

chris what up its troy!!