UK Football also recruiting season ticket holders

seasontix4

If you didn’t renew your season tickets this past year, odds are you may have received a few pieces of mail from the ticket office this week. Check out these pictures from KSR reader Matt McKenzie, who got eight letters from the ticket office urging him to renew. Matt writes:

“To make a long story short my wife and I were season ticket holders for about 10 years. We had 6 tickets under our name 4 for us and 2 for a friend. For several reasons, mainly frustrations with Joker and starting a family, we only bought the 2 tickets for our friend last year. (Don’t get me wrong I still watched or listened to every game.) This year our friend bought her own tickets and even though I am super excited about Stoops and this season, we decided not to renew because we have a newborn.

Well, tonight when I got home from work, I had 8 letters from the ticket office trying to RECRUIT us back to being season ticket holders. Each one is signed by at least 5 different people from the ticket office and other offices at Nutter. I’m sure they were copies, but it worked. It really got me excited. For a minute, I felt like Drew Baker or one of the other recruits that got hundreds of letters from the coaching staff. I just wanted to let the ticket office know ‘Job Well Done!'”

seasontix1 seasontix3seasontix2

After seeing this post, a UK spokesman confirmed to me that each card was individually signed by staff members throughout the athletics department, including all of the sports team coaches and staff.

Stoops gets it.

22 Comments for UK Football also recruiting season ticket holders

1. ky_99
    10:40 am July 24, 2013 Permalink

These coaches “GET IT” can’t wait for the season.

2. average fan
    10:58 am July 24, 2013 Permalink

That gave me chills…we have never had a coached who believed like this. Awesome!

3. Rockfield, KY
    11:01 am July 24, 2013 Permalink

I wish I lived close enough to have season tickets.

4. GD
    11:15 am July 24, 2013 Permalink

I got one of these in the mail and I’ve never had season tickets in my life. Looks like they’re going after new recruits too.

5. ribin
    11:24 am July 24, 2013 Permalink

Been season ticket holder for over 35 years — never had a ‘recruitment’ pitch —

6. Jill Allen
    11:50 am July 24, 2013 Permalink

Well, if this don’t bite the big one for those of us whom have always been loyal to renew our season tickets, no matter what…and, even throughout our darkest hours of Philips & Co., too. I’m getting really tired of this because last year after we had bought our tickets and paid the mandatory donation fees, the office started offering package deals to non-season ticket holders and WITHOUT any mandatory donation fees! Us season ticket holders seem to be the ones who are always left holding the proverbial bag of poop. While we’re loyal, always purchase AND are ALWAYS there at every single game, come what may….we still end up being the ones being delved out the poop & the short end of the stick and I’m getting plenty sick of it, too! What’s going to happen is that they’re going to end up running me and some of the other season ticket holders off and then they won’t get my mandatory donation fees for the 8 seats that I purchase faithfully each and ever year. I know that this here is only a little thing, but where’s all my person autographed pleas at? Huh?

7. Thanks Jim Allen
    12:04 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Thank you loyal supporters! In light of jim’s comments above, I felt it appropriate to thank those purchasing tickets so loyally. I wish I had the means to do so also. I will in the future.

8. Whataboutme
    12:16 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey number 6, don’t buy the tickets then. Its that simple. It annoys the crap out of me when something nice and creative is done and then you get the handful of people who want to complain and day what about me. This was a great idea by the football staff. I have season tickets and I dont expect anything but what I pay for (which is my tickets to the game). This is how our society is these days though. Everybody has to get a trophy.

9. BBN
    12:26 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Season ticket holders got a Christmas card from Coach Stoops last year….I thought that was awesome. I get season tix because I love the Cats. I wish there was a waiting list for tix so they wouldn’t need to spend their money on these. But I do think it is pretty neat!

10. DevilinTheDetails
    1:15 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

#6, The signatures on this card are from UK Athletics Employees, not the Football staff. Also, if you would have seen the mini-packages offered, it cost more to do that then with the lesser games on the schedule. Also, if you don’t like any of this, then stop buying, you are in the minority, and if you don’t like then stop. Someone else who will appreciate what is going on more than you will take them.

11. Amazing
    1:46 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

When I wake up everyday and see the effort and work that this staff is putting in it absolutey amazes me speachless. UK football is under going a monumental shift in the right direction that is earth shattering. I hope we as UK fans are taking the time to take in and enjoy what is going on around here, we are part of history right now.

12. Do whut?
    2:02 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

#6 whether or not the ticket office bothered to offer mini-packages without a donation those packages would be available to anyone intelligent enough to ask if those seats are available for any other games during the season in question. If you want to cancel your season tickets and take your chances that comparable tickets will be available from the ticket office on a game by game basis knock yourself out. With 50,000 at spring practice, however, you would probably manage only to move back about 30 rows or even all the way to your den.

13. UK2K
    2:40 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

I agree, I called the Ticket Office and gave them my opinion, please do the same.

14. NoJortsNoProblm
    3:03 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey #6 Jill Allen. I will gladly send you the 50 letters I received in the mail to make you feel better. Just tweet me @NoJortsNoProblm. Go Cats!

15. padfucahfan
    3:43 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

I got one and could not read a single name. “If you are going to sign something,make sure people can read your name” – Arnold Palmer. Thought it was a neat idea, then threw it away.

16. WEAREUK
    3:43 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

14. Question is, are u renewing?

17. Leroy Jenkins
    4:45 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

I got one and I’ve never had season tickets. Which means all Alumni most likely got one.

18. UK2K
    5:23 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

17. They were sent to young Alumni and season tkt holders who haven’t renewed

19. Slappy
    6:10 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

If you complain about this, you’re really missing the damn point. Shut up and get behind this program… There’s never been a time where the outlook has been brighter for UK FB.

20. Diana Radcliffe
    8:01 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Got my tickets!!!!

21. career search
    10:24 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this publish and if I may just I wish to recommend you some interesting issues or advice. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles relating to this article. I wish to learn even more issues about it!

22. Do whut?
    8:34 am July 25, 2013 Permalink

#21 taking English as a 17th language courses. I have read your publish and if I may I just wish to recommend you some new teacher or school.