UK Fan Of The Day Wants Mid Afternoon Notes

caa

Beez went on vacation and took all our Fan of the Day pictures with him.  Send your submissions to [email protected] and we’ll do our best to get you on the site.  Babes welcome.  Babies not as much.

There’s still not a lot going on in UK land as we wait for the freshmen to hit campus, the draft and summer league to happen (or inevitable lock out,) and the football season to get going.  But there’s still some tidbits to be had and we here at KSR know how you all love your tidbits, so tidbits for all!

— Chad Ford made note that Enes was working out for Toronto today.  This doesn’t come as much of a surprise as – hey guess what, NBA prospects work out for NBA teams prior to the draft.  The only interesting part is that the Raptors hold the 5th overall pick, and this is happening only one day after Kanter’s agent saying he won’t be working out for the Wizards (who hold the 6th pick) because he likely won’t slip that far.  In all likelihood, Kanter is gone by pick number 6, but if you’re going to go to Toronto, why not make a trip to DC and give us all something to get excited about?

— On the flip side, some negative speculation from Draft Express as Kanter’s prep school tapes make the rounds for the first time.  Apparently Kanter didn’t look to great in them, notably behind on defense or just not really into the game mentally.  And as Draft Express notes – those tapes, the Hoop Summit game and work outs are all that NBA GM’s really have to go on.  I don’t expect a few bad prep games to cause Enes to slip too much if at all, but it’s just another reason to be upset with the NCAA for handcuffing the kid.

— Meanwhile, a lot of speculation centers around what the Jazz are going to do with their 3rd overall pick.  Mainly because the executives from Utah aren’t telling anyone.  The trendy pick is to pencil Knight in at 3 – after all they are in need of a solid Point Guard after trading away Deron Williams.  But they have also been in talks with Enes (who in almost all mocks is available at 3,) but there’s still not a lot of certainty in which direction they will be going.  They might trade the pick and try and swoop up Liggins late in the first, who knows.  No matter what though, it looks like we may have to add a Jazz jersey to the ‘former Kentucky players’ line up soon.

— On the football side of things, more coaches keep getting in trouble.  This time it’s allegedly WVU Head Coach Bill Stewart.  You may remember a few weeks back when the head coach in waiting at WVU reportedly was involved in six-alcohol related incidents that the University attempted to cover up.  And who might be the leak that let the media know about this?  None other than the current HC Bill Stewart.  So coaches ratting on coaches. Either way, combine that behavior with the stuff going on at Ohio State, and I’m beginning to wonder why it is that the SEC always has the ‘sketchy’ perception when it comes to College Football.

Here’s your podcast from this morning, check it out as Matt relives his epic weekend and talks about what the summer may hold for Kentucky’s newest class.

Article written by Will Lentz

28 Comments for UK Fan Of The Day Wants Mid Afternoon Notes

1. Opti
    3:07 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

It sounds improbably, but I can’t help but wonder if the Cavs don’t take Williams number one knowing that Knight might very well be available at 4. Some interesting UK items on Ebay this week including signed balls commemorating the 96 and 98 championship teams.

2. Everyone
    3:09 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Man, I’ve never seen one website get more mileage out of the same stories. Is anyone seriously interested in the 200th draft projection, or where Kanter is having lunch?

3. slicky ricky
    3:11 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

i really like her smile.

4. want to know
    3:20 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

@3 was she smiling?

5. yesterdays
    3:20 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

It was Stewart’s wife

6. Matt Jones
    3:21 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

#2 Dude I dont say this with disrespect, but I have about had it with that complaint. You do realize THIS IS THE SUMMER AND NOT A GREAT DEAL GOES ON! We pack this site with a different post every hour in order to keep as much as we can going. And when people complain “Man, I’ve never seen one website get more mileage out of the same stories”, it is beyond frustrating.

Some people dont come on the site multiple times a day,….the goal is to serve as many people as possible. If you dont like one particular post, why not be respectful to the people like Will who put in a LOT of time to try and entertain you, and simply say to yourself, “well I wont read this one and move to the next one.” That is a better approach that criticizing the many writers who dedicate a lot of time to trying to entertain and inform

7. RYNO
    3:28 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Draftexpress is constantly referenced, but their evaluations are notoriously out of date. Kinda making them seem pretty unreliable and inept overall. Not to mention that when your name includes the word express, you really need to, update more than 10 nba prospects when its weeks away.

8. knightynight
    3:28 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

@ 6, Matt is that really you?! How can we ever know for sure?

9. slicky ricky
    3:37 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

#2 if i dont like a post i give it about 15 seconds of thought while eating a plate of eggplant parmesan. then i abort it, lie about it, and move on to the next sypher……i mean article.

10. tonydelksarms
    3:43 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

gotta go 2-3-1-4 on this one! good group!

11. BUcat
    3:46 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

#2 – what do you want to see in the summer? Football and basketball aren’t in season. Go listen to an old podcast if you’re bored.

oh and while I am on it…

#6 – Matt, would love to see a new podcast. I know the radio thing has taken off (listen every day), but I love the Turkey Hunter/Drew Franklin combination on an uncensored podcast. My coworkers probably think I am crazy laughing by myself at work.

12. iWantToGrowUpToBeTheDrewFranklin
    3:49 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Jones, why doesn’t your name have the link for your twitter anymore? I’m alright with the same things being posted. I check this site multiple times a day to get me away from doing work at this boring summer job. Keep it coming.

When’s the next KSR who wants to be a blogger contest? I need something to do in my spare time…

I gotta say 3,2,1,4 for these fine ladies.

Go me. Go Cats.

13. BUcat
    3:55 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

#8 – the way you know it’s Matt is that he likes to preface his criticisms with a “I love you man, but…”. Ask Shannon the Dude

14. NBA league pass
    4:10 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

2) if you don’t like the text, just look at that picture for a few minutes. Do you like that at least?

15. SexnNursinHomes
    4:33 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

These KSR writers work their asses off, and put up great material for people. That is why this site is #1. I appreciate every article, even if it may seem that another site carried it first. who gives a shit who says what first? I love seeing KSR’s take on the matter or issue. that’s all that matters. so with that……………..) hey #2- suck balls.

16. duhville cat
    4:42 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Yeah…. What 15) said!

17. The Grundle
    4:42 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

This just in: Mookie Blaylock’s kids have changed their names to “Pearl” and “Jam”.

18. Don
    4:43 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

3,3,3,2

19. bluetooth
    4:43 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

spot on SNNH

20. Granitefan
    5:20 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

What does Cal know about 2012 and 2013 roster that allows him to be comfortable with no committments this late?

21. Holden McGroin
    5:32 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

20. More than you and i will know when 2012 and 2013 get here. He da man.

22. mocha
    5:38 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

Teal bra, wow!! Now that’s a push up!

23. Opti
    6:14 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

I am always amazed at how fresh this site is over time even when the news is slow. I stop by multiple times a day just to see what is going on. I know if UK news is breaking…it is here first. Thanks to everyone who puts so much work into this site. Kudos to you all!

24. lipper
    6:19 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

#18) my lord!! did you also have a crush on GARRY BUSEY?

25. LigginsLoveSAT
    10:31 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

I gotta say I’ve fallen off on my KSR crush, but like that first crush you had back in high school you always remember and come back looking for her/it. I’ve loved KSR from the beginning…Marshall County Hoopfest Podcast was EPIC. I love the chicks, the posts, the new and old writers, everything they have done for UK sports. Matt and the crew are living out most of our dreams, covering UK and being friends with the players, coaches, administrators, etc… Well done Matt Jones, well done.

And I’ll go 2,3,4,1….QUALITY ALL AROUND!!

26. thumper
    10:55 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all

27. Lloyd christmas
    11:22 pm June 6, 2011 Permalink

1 is a clean blonde gianna michaels #nsfw

28. MammaKin
    10:00 am June 7, 2011 Permalink

..2 i guess but that’s it.