UK Fans of the Day Want to Know…Will the Cats get Julius Randle?

306252_10151298598951977_864860203_n

Earlier today, Julius Randle tweeted out that he will be making his college decision on March 20th on ESPNU. This is the day before the NCAA Tournament officially begins (I don’t count the “First Four” games, even though UK could very well be playing in those games this year). His decision is huge for Kentucky because as of today, of the remaining top players, UK’s best chance in my view still rests with Julius Randle. While reports have varied from national media members, and have suggested at times that virtually every team but Kentucky has led, those I speak with around the Bluegrass state still feel very confident about UK’s position. Randle loves the Kentucky fanbase and passion, his mother loves John Calipari and Randle himself has called Calipari the coach he is closest with in the process. Jason Jordan of USA Today, the reporter who was embedded in his home during the in-home visit process with coaches, has maintained since September that he still believes Randle picks Kentucky, and as of yet, he has not wavered. The signs from the people that know best (at least to me), suggest the Cats.

Most of the reason people have guessed that another school will be Randle’s pick is because of his supposed aversion to playing with the Harrison Twins. He has denied this often publicly and at this point, no public comments have even hinted at such a rift. But those around the Texas AAU scene still insist it is true. I have a hard time believing that will be the deciding factor. John Calipari is selling to Julius Randle the chance to not only be on a national championship team, but work daily with the best of the best. That is what the NBA is about and it is what playing with guys like the Harrison Twins will help make happen. Over the next 16 days, we will likely hear all kinds of rumors going in every direction, but until I hear information from better sources than I have as of yet, I will still believe that Kentucky leads for Randle. If that changes, I will let you know. But if it stays as I expect it will, March 20th could be a good day for the Big Blue, regardless of the current team’s NCAA hopes and the celebration scene in Lexington will be like this (courtesy of the @UKmakeouts Twitter feed):

BEduQC-CUAA1bc5.jpg-large

And Big Blue Nation can get its individual grandmothers and flex in the mirror, excited about the 9th National Championship that will be heading our way:

enhanced-buzz-30640-1334251556-142

Article written by Matt Jones

25 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want to Know…Will the Cats get Julius Randle?

1. Petey
    10:08 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

what in the world matt….

2. Derek4UK
    10:14 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Lol wtf? Matt jones seems to have some more important things to do tonight.

3. Derek4UK
    10:15 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Btw wtf is the deal with the flexing guy???

4. _Chase_
    10:17 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Is that Rick Bozich taking that dude’s picture?

5. Thedeleter
    10:18 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

WHY DID RANDLE DELETE HIS TWEET?

6. mott janes
    10:19 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

All of these fans speaking of number 9 as a sure thing are setting themselves up for disappointment… supposed greatest class ever or not they still have to improve, mesh, and perform if this year hasn’t taught you anything

7. drew
    10:20 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

I believe UK fans are going to be very happy on March 20th. Coincidence that he’s announcing the day before the tourney? Think not!!!!!

8. NIT
    10:23 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Anyone think Calipari is getting Randle to announce before tourney in case we miss it? I mean if we go to the NIT the faithful won’t be very happy and i think this is a big clue that Randle is picking UK. He could do it in April at the Jordan game but right now? I think it’s because Calipari wants to throw Big BlPue Nation a bone in case we miss out on the tourney

9. Logan
    10:32 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

6. Last year did not teach you anything?

10. DC Cat
    10:34 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

If Randle has an aversion to anything at UK, I think it would be to next years potentially very full front court, not the twins…

11. ThunderCat
    11:02 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

#10 Randle could start for any front court in the nation. Ultimately, the Twins are a big deal b/c that’s whose doing the bulk of the distribution. Hopefully, all these guys see this as a chance to compete each day against the best and further develop their talent.
    I’m worried about KU and the proximity to Randle’s home.

12. Bleed Blue
    11:05 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

I want you all to look at something. He is announcing on a Wednesday and on ESPNU. Who else do we know committed on a Wednesday on ESPNU? The Twins and Young. There is a reason it is on there. Randle is going to make BBN very happy and then about 2-3 weeks later Wiggins will make us even happier.

13. TheyhateUS
    11:31 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

We are used to being HATED right? Just wait until Randle and Wiggins commit to UK. It’s going top go to another stratosphere. Be prepared for it because it will be like nothing we have seen before.

14. Bleed Blue
    12:01 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

@13 You are right and we better be prepared for the opposing teams to tweet/message our new players that cussing them out and wishing them harm, and asking how much Cal paid them cause we all know it’s coming.

15. Gossie21
    12:09 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

Rodney Purvis tweeted last week that he thought it would be UK. Purvis and Randle are pretty close so that has to be a good sign.

16. Dude
    1:05 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

Hey little guy at the bottom. Do you even lift bro?

17. Randle'sMOM
    4:50 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

I said Kansas fans are the loudest and the best. Now, do you really think I would attend a game at Rupp Arena or send my son to UK after making such a statement?

18. Jimmer210
    6:09 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

If Randle doesn’t come here than I dont think the reason Randle will have anything to do with the Harrison twins. He has denied that rumor on many occasions and even if Randle picks elsewhere it will be for another reason. I like UK’s position, but I think Kansas and Florida are our two biggest threats with Randle.

19. /fit/izen
    7:29 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

Dude at the bottom is the definition of manlet.

20. Eric K
    8:18 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

#13 wouldn’t have it any other way! That’s what happens when you are the KING of the MOUNTAIN!! CATS get RANDLE AND WIGGINS! Man what a CLASS, best of all time! IN CAL WE TRUST! GO CATS!! Oh yea, to all the haters out there, SUCK IT!! GO CATS!!

21. B-man
    8:54 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

I don’t understand…if it’s so cold in his bathroom that he has to wear a sock hat, how can he stand not wearing a shirt? I wonder if that tool wears his sock hat to the beach.

22. Jennings B.
    9:42 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

I LOVE MAX ROGERS

23. oldschool
    10:28 am March 5, 2013 Permalink

thanks for posting my picture! you probaby thought I was older. Actually I am, but weightlifting and steroids has done wonders to my physique and brain cells.

24. Sgt Jimmy
    12:23 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I think you should try to tone down all the talk about next year’s championship being a sure thing. Unless you can see into the future. On your’e show after u of l played Notre Dame, you made a comment about laughing so hard because of louisville’s trouble in getting good shots. If I remember correctly, the Cats also had trouble playing at Notre Dame and were never really in that game after halftime. Right after, UK’s season started to go down hill. Sometimes Karma can be a b—h. Oh bye the way, if you can give any stock tips or know next weeks Lottery numbers please alert BBN, we would appreciate it.

25. Name
    12:32 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

WTF… That dude has his grandma taking his picture!!!