UK Fans of the Day Want Positive UK-Florida Memories

fotd2

As this Friday night rolls on, these two lovely ladies have informed me that they want to remember the good times. The times when we didn’t lose to Georgia. Who am I to dishonor their wishes?

Our last memory of playing Florida is awful. Unbearable. In fact, I’m not even going to talk about it. But there have been some good times. Let’s revisit them.

Kentucky vs. Florida  2009- Jodie Meeks makes what turned out to be the game winning three pointer on an impossible looking three.

Kentucky vs. Florida 2003- UK takes down #1 Florida by a lot of points. Dickie V accuses the Gators of giving up.

Kentucky vs. Florida 2012- UK rolls into Gainesville with Marv Albert calling the game and complete their sweep of the SEC schedule. Man I miss those guys.

I know positive thoughts are hard to come by at this point, but I just wanted to remind you that we’ve experienced good times against this team in the past. For next week in Nashville’s sake I hope we do it again tomorrow. Have a safe Friday night and I’ll see you all on the live blog in the morning.

@AFlenerKSR

Article written by Aaron Flener

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

16 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Positive UK-Florida Memories

1. UK Freshmen
    10:19 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Good Lord. As the season spirals down, even the women look desperate.

2. crazycatfan
    10:20 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

STANDING FOR THE CATS TOMORROW!!! GO CATS!!!

3. Eric K
    10:27 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Rupp will be rocking, Lexington will be rocking! BBN let’s show everyone in the country that we are behind OUR TEAM!! CATS win tomorrow! IN CAL WE TRUST!! GO CATS!!

4. Dangg
    10:43 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

It’s close but…1,2

5. Confused
    10:44 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I can’t decide if those two are hot or trannys. It’s making me uncomfortable

6. Dangg rules
    10:45 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

tru dat Dangg, 1,2 or 2,1…not sure it matters

7. Class
    11:37 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Dang, the Meeks vs Florida video gave me chills. And seeing Patterson so riled up and excited about winning the game, makes me really miss players who have a lot of heart. Don’t get me wrong, I think that certain players on this team have heart, but others just don’t want it enough

8. Poythress' Concious
    12:03 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

Maybe I should watch Patterson videos some more…..

9. Han
    2:04 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

I had no idea who #3 was for a while in that first vid. BCG played him so randomly, like the rest of the freshmen he brought in not named Patrick Patterson. It was so confusing with Liggins, Galloway, Harrelson. We all expected they’d be part of the team, and then he just didn’t play them. People complaining a lot this year seem to have forgotten how Meeks and Patterson dragged us through wins under BCG, how much their heart mattered. I’ll never forget them desperately trying to come back against Louisville and almost managing it by themselves.

10. Go Cats
    6:51 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

#9, Tubby recruited Patterson.He happened to sign right after Tubby left, but even Patterson said Tubby got him interested in UK. BCG did little.
    Notice how few of the players in any of these videos are FRESHMAN. We recruited kids who stayed and became players. UK would never recuit Meeks, Bogans,Hayes and others. It is time we did. Kentuckys program is Kentuckys program. It belongs to no players. We need players with heart. Heart is nine tenths of the battle. You have to have talent sure, but without heart you lack the tools to compete. Chuck Hayes is exhibit one!

11. Sammy
    6:56 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

You do dedicate yourselves to a place more when you know you will be there longer than 5 months dont you?

12. Belgium
    7:15 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

Third Eye Blind as The Kinks?
    Cancellation was too good for them.

13. Will you Leave?
    7:39 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

#1-Why don’t you go read a book? Take a walk. Take up a hobby. Give to charity. Go to church. Just go away. Your negativity on this board only reflects on you and it is not a pleasing reflection.

14. catfan55
    8:27 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

That 2003 team was awesome. We had some good players back then that filled the roster. Not just 5 or 6 damn good players.

15. Turd
    10:52 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

Thanks for post. I enjoyed watching these clips.

16. seth
    11:54 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

Where is the video of us trouncing Florida in the 2011 SEC championship?