UK Fans of the Day Want Five Quick Notes/Links

1235278_10200817396894276_47487342_n

Five things that may or not may have UK-relations but still interest me:

1. UK Can Still Produce a Top Recruiting Class:

The new top 10 rankings from ESPN were very interesting to me. They suggest that while Kentucky likely won’t end up with any player in the Top 5 of the class, UK still has a chance to have the #1 overall class by loading up on the bottom of the top 10. The rankings were as follows:

1. Jahlil Okafor
2. Myles Turner
3. Cliff Alexander
4. Tyus Jones
5. Emmanuel Mudiay (SMU)
6. Karl Towns (UK)
7. Trey Lyles
8. Justin Jackson (UNC)
9. Stanley Johnson
10. Kelly Oubre

As of this moment, Okafor, Turner and Alexander are long shots in my view, and the two point guards below them are headed elsewhere. But UK has Towns, will get Lyles (in my view) and has a very good shot with Oubre and is in it for Johnson. Take three (or four) of the top ten and it is a good haul, especially if backed up by Ulis, Booker and Blackmon Jr. There is still time for things to change, but what is clear is that if UK locks up Lyles (very important) and gets the mohawk on board, things can still be very chipper in 2014-2015.

2. Girls Recruit for things differently than guys:

I will present the video below, a recruitment video from a sorority at Arizona, showed to potential rushees during Rush Week:

Obviously the girls are crazy hot, but the real question this video makes for me is this…well actually it is more of an observation. Women are just different species than men. They recruit each other to their sorority by showcasing a video that is solely designed to show how hot they are. There is very little, if any, activity shown, but rather just pictures of their attractiveness. For guys, you wouldn’t see a rush video of them with their shirts off, walking around in banana hammocks (well at least not most fraternities). But women have a different method to attract other women. It is interesting….and oh yes, if Stanley Johnson goes to Arizona, there may be no reason to ask why.

534332_436872576431465_716321833_n

3. Northampton Clown To Rise Again

If you listen to the radio show (and if you don’t, ask yourself why), then you know our fascination with the Northampton Clown that is terrorizing the English city. He is dressed like the clown in “It” and continues to show up in town in random places, scaring the locals. I am fascinated by the guy and his Facebook page is a regular stop for me. His latest message is cryptic:

Thursday is the day. To come and see me play. Where will I be. You’ll have to come and see. I need a lift.. If you get my drift. BEEP BEEP!

I wish we had something like this in Lexington. Instead we simply have Stone Cold Willow and the guy that always gets arrested.

4. When Loves Makes Someone Mad

We have already seen this week, a UL fan couple that got married at a tailgate (some say sweet, others odd) and all of us have seen some type of proposal at a sporting event (are you pro or con?). But few have probably been ruined like this. At a Colorado Rockies’ game last night, a couple proposed and had the stadium excited…all except one woman below them who wanted nothing to do with the happiness. This immediately becomes one of my favorite pictures of all time:

original

5. KSR Dating Game Arrives Again!

It is time for our second attempt at finding UK love, through the KSR DATING GAME to a UK BASKETBALL/FOOTBALL GAME. Here is how this works…we are giving away two lower arena tickets to the UK/Alabama football game and the UK home opening basketball game from GuyOntheCornerTickets.com for a couple that makes its dating match on the show. We will pick two women to come on and four suitors will call into the show and answer your questions…after its over, you can pick the one whose answers you like the best, and you will go on a date to the UK games. It is that simple. The last time we played, we produced no love matches but two good tickets to games and now we will do it again.

What we need now are female applicants for the dates (finding the guys is easy). All you have to do is be 20 years old or over and apply by writing Shannon the Dude at [email protected] Include a description about you (age, job, hobbies, etc) reason you cheer for the Cats, why we should pick you and a picture. It is that simple. You come on the show and play and then get the tickets. It couldnt be easier. Just make sure and email by Sunday at midnight.

That is it for now. I leave you with UK fan Casual Gamer Reed reviewing the Wendy’s Double Stack Burger. “Pretty much, it’s like a Wendy’s Burger.” Truer words have never been spoken:

Article written by Matt Jones

29 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Five Quick Notes/Links

1. Cmon
    3:35 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Trying to be Kige. Failing.

2. BlueRedNeck
    3:38 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Hoooleeee sheepsheet! I want to go back to college now! How inn the hell can any male students get any classwork done around that campus with things like that hanging around? I would probably end up flunking out my first semester due to lack of focus.

3. BOSOX
    3:39 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I have family in Phoenix and I went to visit Arizona St. campus which is down George Washington Ave in Tempe… But ASU has some really good looking ladies as well! Red color sand insteaD of grass and Gecko’s emblems on their over passes… great town IMO

4. ukcat8fan
    3:46 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Reed is a Kige Ramsey wannabee. A very poor one at that.

5. Jeez
    4:03 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

The vanity of those women really is disgusting and shouldn’t be encouraged.

6. Cmon
    4:05 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Probably bigger thing to consider here………………………………………….someone is trying to emulate Kige Ramsey on Youtube.

7. wth?
    4:07 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

That Wendy’s review could have been done in 5 seconds. What a waste of time.

8. George S.
    4:16 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I’ve got some ocean-front property in Arizona for sale if anyone is interested.

9. cracka
    4:21 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

i def think we can end up with the #1 recruiting class, but we have to have that to be a good team with the turnover we have

it will interesting after 2014 how many freshman will leave if none of them were top 5 recruits … they will get a lot of playing time, but i think we could have our largest # of 5* returnees going into 2015

10. Roofus Howls
    4:25 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Best recruiting video EVER. I’m a 43 year old man and I’m ready to join that sorority.

But, yeah – those HOPAs are well on their way to being vain and caring about things that don’t matter. I pity the fathers who have to pay for their weddings and the men who have to fund their lifestyles one day.

11. stan johnson
    4:34 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

UK fans of the days: SQUUUUUIRTLE

12. Get'em Granny
    4:38 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Am I the only one who noticed the lady flipping the bird?

13. Nevermind
    4:40 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Read ALL words next time.

14. TylerH
    4:48 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

11 – #GetOOT4StoopsOffOfKSR

15. Blue Jesus
    4:57 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

13. I think that’s the point of Matt posting the pic.

16. NoJortsNoProblm
    5:03 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I just committed to Arizona, and I have 3 degrees.

17. Bob the Builder
    5:37 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

You suck Matt accept it and please stop sharing your “observations”

18. ZonaBabes
    5:42 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Don’t know who’s the bigger perv, me for luvin that video or Matt for searching for it and posting.

19. UKBlue
    5:53 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

UA is known for their girls; Lost of fake boobs & phoniness.

20. Undertaker's Dong
    5:55 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Wait! Reed’s a UK fan? I thought he was a UofL fan making fun of UK fans. That’s a shame. I don’t like claiming him…don’t like it one bit.

21. Marine 1
    6:09 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Not a black girl in the bunch. It makes me sick that you try to attract black men with white girls. There are som many beautiful black women in the world and youcould not find 1. You suck!!!!!

22. Sweet Wm
    7:47 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

The lady with the bird in hand is a member of the faculty. And no, she does not have a date.

23. jaws2
    8:14 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I’d really like to see the #3 in that picture without those face hiding goggles!!! Why do these ladies think this looks good?

24. bunny
    10:35 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Great recruiting video, Matt!

#22, lighten up…

25. Linda Taylor
    11:52 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

That AZ video made me nostalgic for my alma mater. The Alpha Phi house looks like it hasn’t changed one iota. When I was in school it was a good sorority with nice girls in it. It was my second choice. I had some friends that were members of it and I ate there several times as their guest before we embarked on a long music theory study session and it was a beautiful home. The school has a nice mall down the middle of the campus that is very convenient for a variety of student activities. And yes there are a lot of palm trees though I doubt most of you guys even noticed them. My sorority had a sun deck off of the third floor where the girls from cold weather states loved to take pictures of themselves in their bikinis in the middle of January (on nice days) to send back home to their friends who were shoveling snow all winter long.
    Those beach pictures looked like they probably were taken in Guaymas, Mexico which isn’t that far of a drive from Tucson. It is on the northern tip of the Gulf of California. When I was in the UA band we were invited by the Governor of Sonora, Mexico to perform in their Carnivale in Guaymas where we played daily concerts in the city square and marched in parades every day. Our hotel was a little ways out of town on the beach and the trip is one of my best memories of college. At the end of our trip we were the guests of the Governor at a fabulous beachfront luncheon where I tried turtle and squid for the first time in my life.

26. Linda Taylor's vagina
    12:25 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

I’m dry and haven’t been used properly in years.
    P.S. why didn’t any of my sorority sisters like me?

27. Linda Taylor
    1:41 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

27 – Wow, just wow. There aren’t a ton of music majors even on a large campus like UA. It should come as no surprise that I was the only one in my class year in my sorority. The only girls from Alpha Phi that I did know were music majors and as the video was about Alpha Phi, that was my connection with that sorority and why I commented about it. For you to assume that it meant I didn’t have friends in my sorority is more you projecting your own pathetic life on me. Anyone who would make such a hateful comment as you did is unlikely to have friends. If you had ever read any of my previous posts you would know I still have good friends from my sorority that I keep in touch with and who have been of tremendous help to me when I have had to return to AZ when family members were ill or had passed away.

28. El Guapo
    2:16 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

That nonsense about Southern girls being the hottest? Yeah, no. There’s your proof.

29. marc
    11:48 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

I would be down for the dating show. could be fun. and tickets are always great