A few notes courtesy of a couple of KSR fans in sunny Destin, Florida…
– As mentioned earlier, Coach Cal has spent the day in Indianapolis at the adidas Invitational using his overwhelming presence on various recruiting targets. One of those is five-star 2013 shooting guard Chris Thomas, who didn’t exactly make the most of his first July opportunity. According to Jeff Borzello, Thomas was ejected after receving two technical fouls, the second of which came following a little post-bucket trash talking. Is it wrong to love this? If so, I don’t want to be right. And besides, like the old saying goes, “it’s not like he broke his girlfriend’s back”.
– Another new named popped up on the Kentucky radar when a Wisconsin reporter Tweeted out that Calipari was watching 2013 point guard Bronson Koenig. Koenig is rated as a four-star player by Rivals and, in the interest of fairness, plays on a team with a number of other top players and was facing a New York team with a number of prospects on it too. So is it possible Cal was watching other players? Maybe. I mean, that Koenig kid is only a four-star player. Should we be worried about 2013? I kid.
– The Courier-Journal’s Jody Demling said there’s a new name on the Louisville radar: Solomon Poole. Yes, Solomon, the son of David Stacey Sr. and brother of Stacey Jr. Young Solomon is rated by Rivals as the 12th-best point guard in the class of 2012 and has a list of Tennessee, Georgia and Oklahoma State. Kentucky has apparently decided they’ve dipped into the Poole pool enough meaning that, as of today, it appears that another little brother could be looking at Little Brother.
– The Bromance continues…
– The LeBron James Skills Camp is underway in Akron and, as you might expect, some big names showed up. From the college side of things, Anthony Davis and Michael Gilchrist are on board. On the high school side, the kids are split into teams named after college programs. The Kentucky team includes DaJuan Coleman andRicky Ledo. Is that foreshadowing? I hope so. They also have Rodney Purvis.
– Our friends over at Card Chronicle got a good look at Louisville’s new uniforms and guess what? The Cards added black and white stripes to their jerseys. It’s almost like they want to make it easy for us.
If you missed the podcast today, make sure you check it out below. Matt and Ryan talked about the craziest thing you’ve done for UK basketball or football. From one woman being forced to dress up like Tubby Smith to drugging their grandfather, there were some interesting answers. Make sure you give it a listen and share your own stories in the comments section.