UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes

uk-fans-of-the-day-key-west

Notes? I got ya…

— Perry Ellis is announcing his decision tomorrow afternoon and the four schools he is considering are all trying to sneak one more visit in. Danny Manning met with Ellis on Monday night and Frank Martin and Wichita State’s Greg Marshall are both trying to get with him today. Coach Cal is also working on setting up another visit with Ellis before the 2:45 press conference tomorrow afternoon. It could get very crowded around the Ellis home this evening. Go get him, Cal.

— The line for the Florida game is up to -20 for the Gators. It opened at -11. Yes, you read that correctly. The line for the Florida-Kentucky game opened at -11. Eleven, as in less than two touchdowns. That could be the worst point spread in the history of gambling. I would’ve bet my life on that one had I gotten to it in time.

— After football practice today, Coach Sanders said he’s still not sure “what we’re good at” offensively. Sanders said there were three or four times against Louisville where the play he called wasn’t ran.

West Virginia was turned down by the ACC and the SEC. West Virginia would be a good fit in the SEC for its football and fan support but the university doesn’t offer anything on the business end. A border rivalry with the Mountaineers would be pretty cool, though.

Josh Clemons is up for GEICO’s College Football Play of the Week for his 84-yard run against Central Michigan. Click here to vote. Joe Adams is dominating it for his punt return for Arkansas.

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes

1. Go Cats
    3:09 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Best article I’ve read all year. Exposes hypocrisy of NCAA and how it is about to be blow up. Must read.

2. catcrawler
    3:17 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Kinda feel sorry for WV, maybe we should invite them in if Va Tech or NC State can’t leave ACC…. and of course we ignore the Villes request, clowns.

3. UKBigDaddy
    3:23 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

0,0,0,0

4. mores
    3:26 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Not sure WVU being turned down had to deal with money if the reports that we invited Mizzou are true. WVU has substantially higher football, basketball, and total revenues.

5. WVU
    3:33 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

UK should be glad it isn’t being asked to leave the SEC and make room for other teams. If it wasn’t for the fans’ football loyalty and basketball, we would be grateful for a Sun Belt invitation. Looking forward to being the 15th or 16th best team in the new SEC SuperConference. I’m sure Mitch will raise season ticket prices since we will get the privilege to see a few more teams better than UK.

6. crash11
    3:34 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

It is all about television markets. They want the st. Louis and kansas city markets. West Virginia is not a big market. Unfortunately media is driving whole thing because that’s where revenue comes from.

7. Rickforgottowearhisraincoat
    3:35 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

6,4,-2,1

8. UKGoBigBlue
    3:47 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Now plays are being called that aren’t being run? Exactly who is in charge of this sinking ship? Joker IS NOT a leader; this is going to put UK even further behind, if that’s even possible.

9. Hero
    3:48 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

I wish the SEC had offered Maryland before the ACC got smart and changed the out money for the conference. I like Virginia Tech too for the final piece of the puzzel but don’t see how that works out…for either of them.

10. Ky76
    3:55 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

mmmmaybe….meh….Ugh…NO…

11. Vince
    3:57 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Just because ya’ll think you’re some savvy sports bettors because you put up a weekly post about how you basically pay for someone else’s picks (Steele), throw in your own bad analysis and bad betting strategies, and have one good week (week 1) does not make you professional gamblers worthy of commenting on every pointspread out there. Until your gambling post comes out BEFORE the games, no one is going to take you seriously anyway. After one bad game, you all are proclaiming “locks of the century” AGAINST Kentucky?? We should just go ahead and rename this site KSRtheGreek.com. Why don’t you go back to what your good at, which is bringing UK news in the most ridiculous manner (or something like that). No one wants to read about your wacky money line parlays, especially when you’re talking about games that happened 4 days ago!! If anything, post who you like in the upcoming week’s games…at least we can still debate / bet those.

12. Andre Riddick's Love-child
    4:07 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

No more gambling diaries? I guess ya’ll had Kentucky in all your ML parlays last week (hopfeully not). I still can’t believe the Cats were laying 8 off the opener, offshore. Florida -11 was available at the Wynn for not even more than 30 seconds. Maybe it’s time to move to Vegas. I grabbed the Gators at 17 at my offshore (bookmaker.eu), which was the best # available online off the open. I got seven wagers for you guys this week…

(my prices)

Cincinnati -7 (-108)
    Ohio +4.5 (-108)
    Clemson +3 (-105)
    SDSU +10 (-108)
    Florida -17 (-108)
    WMU +13.5 (-108)
    Ayyunem -3 (-115)

GL in Week 4, Matt, Drew and Beisner.

13. PantsOnFire
    4:11 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

The uK and Florida line opened up at 17 and now is 19.5 don’t know where you get your info

14. Andre Riddick's Love-child
    4:16 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

#11. I miss wagering at the Greek, since they cut off US customers earlier this summer (which tells you about the future of online sports betting). They tried to transfer me over to Heritage, the invite-only book. I’ve heard good and bad things about Heritage, so I stuck with the ole reiables in Bookmaker and 5Dimes. Where do you wager at online, if I may ask?

15. KyTom
    4:18 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

I’d still give the 19.5 or 20 or whatever it is today. As for the 3 or 4 plays not run……I bet 2 of them were for TD’s.

16. Andre Riddick's Love-child
    4:18 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

13. Drew was referring to Vegas, not offshore. But you’re right, 17 was the opener at several places offshore. I know for a 100% fact that 11 was available at the Wynn for no longer than a minute.

17. Jones Returns
    5:05 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

WVU doesn’t bring anything on the business end???? What are you talking about? Get a clue

18. mores
    5:34 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Again, Kansas City and St Louis simply don’t care about college sports and they aren’t Mizzou-crazy. There’s a reason Birmingham’s revenue footprint is as big as NYC’s because all of Birmingham is glued to the TV on Saturdays, but only a tiny portion of NYC does the same. St. Louis and KC are much smaller than NYC and not that much more into college sports. I really don’t think it’s about the markets for anyone who’s taken a serious look at the data.

19. gamberUK
    6:00 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Hey Andre Riddick,

You think Bookmaker and 5Dimes is reliable? Do you get payed? How, and how long does it take to cashout my man?

Thanks!

20. gamblerUK
    6:02 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Hey Andre Riddick,

How, and how long does it take to cashout my man? You think Bookmaker and 5Dimes is reliable? Do you get payed?

Appreciate it!

21. Laugh if you will...
    7:10 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

UK will keep this game close…. Florida is not FLORIDA this year.

22. Doug Jones
    10:40 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Those are the flatest UK fans of the day yet!!!! Somebody picked these girls up at closing time!!