UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes and Podcast

Happy Monday. Have some notes…

— Julius Mays’ high school coach removed the tweets he sent out yesterday questioning Mays’ decision to attend Kentucky. Luckily, in this case, nothing ever dies on the Internet. Coach Luce’s Twitter feed may be squeaky clean now, but our own Ally Tucker was up bright and early this morning to capture it all. Check it out if you haven’t seen it already. You mad, Luce?

— I hear Washington D.C. is nice in December. We should all get together and check out the Verizon Center. Maybe a UK/Georgetown game?

Amile Jefferson will announce tomorrow afternoon at 4:00 p.m. and no one seems to have any idea where he’ll be going. NC State is the only school to show any kind of a lead in the Internet chatter, but even the online stuff isn’t very convincing. It’s just a waiting game until Jefferson announces. Or until he delays it again.

Montrezl Harrell is free to move about the country and Kentucky is high on his list of potential destinations. Assuming Amile Jefferson ends up at one of the First In Flight schools, Harrell could be the final piece to the 2012-13 UK roster.

— Some sad news from the college basketball world today, as Arkansas legend Nolan Richardson’s son was found dead at his home in Tulsa. Nolan “Notes” Richardson III was 47 years old and his death is believed to be from natural causes. Nolan Richardon lost his 15-year old daughter to leukemia in 1987.

— Julius Mays, winning football games, and New Kids On The Block were the hottest topics on today’s radio show with Matt and Ryan Lemond. Give it a listen on the podcast

Article written by Drew Franklin

37 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. Big Blue 66
    3:29 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Nolan just has been a tragedy waiting to happen….thoughts with him and the family.

2. Tom Marshall
    3:29 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

I’m a barber in western ky. A policeman (who is a huge ky fan) came in today. He was assigned to shadow The Brow to an autograph session in our city. Said star (think: center) charges $70 per pop. The officer said he was so disappointed in the guy’s attitude. First off, he wore an orange shirt & shoes, and was put out when an older fan requested he hold a uk shirt (with HIM on it) so she could get his pic for her elderly mother. He held the shirt sloppily with a surly look on his face. When a little boy timidly came up beside him and held the ball up, he shooed him away.

At another signing he called ahead and demanded a $20,000 up front, and called yet another place on the day he was scheduled to be there and blew them off. Kinda fun to see the disgusting reaction of my fellow barbers who are die-hard uk fans… just sayin

3. cracka
    3:32 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

so excited if jefferson comes … makes us preseason #1 in my opinion … if he doesn’t, i’m sure i’ll never hear about him again and be just as excited as ever for bbm when it rolls around … come on, cal! real him in! #9

4. P.L. Wallingford, III
    3:33 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

2, when I win the lottery, I’m going to open a barber shop beside yours & give free haircuts to everybody in western ky…..except for you.

5. say what?
    3:33 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

2 – huh? you named the Brow, then in the next sentence acted like it was a guessing game.

6. Big Blue 66
    3:34 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

2. you sir are full of sh*t. take that BS and head back across the river or stumble down to shivley.

7. Walden Schmidt
    3:35 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

I’ll take the ugly one.

8. Tom Marshall
    3:36 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

I’m a douche in western KY, I keep copying and pasting this same stupid comment because I have no life

9. CardsSuck
    3:37 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

2 – I’m gonna guess you’re a line beard trimmer in Louisville, not a barber in Western KY.

10. DAYTON, OHIO
    3:38 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

WE WERE FIRST IN FLIGHT @!

11. Mudcreekmark
    3:39 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

#2=Troll. There has never been a time the whole year that Anthony Davis has shown anything other than class,dignity and humility.Now all of a sudden you want all of us to believe he is one giant asshole? Go back to the UofL board I’m sure they have some injury updates or something you can talk about.

12. Brazilians
    3:42 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

10. we beg to differ

13. Phili5
    3:43 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

I”ll take harrell over jefferson…..we need a banger.

14. Big Blue 66
    3:47 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

13. I hear you, but Amile is really good and would be a great fit in the DD

15. Azubuike's Bicep
    3:48 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

16. BPsycho
    4:03 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

#2 Let me tell you somethin about cops….. Don’t trust them unless they’re attempting to save your life in some way.

17. Dick10,000
    4:21 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

I know Jefferson is rated better than Harrell but Harrell is a freak athlete with long arms and explosive moves around the basket. Many teams try to play us rough so we can send this guy in. I can invision many highlights with Harrell working off of Noel and company. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biFhAm-d-z8

18. bluefan
    4:22 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Give it up, #2. I believe you tried this yesterday. Didn’t work then either.
    A friend of mine ran into AD in Louisille last week on the way to a signing and he was willing to stop and pose for a photo. No one believes your story. Go away.

19. tyson
    4:22 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

2. that would be a total 180 degree turn from the way he acted at the Dominican vs. Pros game in Louisville last year. People were approaching him in the stands as soon as he entered the Chicken Bucket for pics and autographs before the game, during timeouts and halftime and he was nothing but gracious the entire time. A couple of kids asked for pics while the game was going on and he asked them to wait until a timeout if they didn’t mind. He and his family sat 3 rows above where my friend and I were. I witnessed it all. No second hand info here.

20. Kitty Hawk, NC
    4:26 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

10. Suuuuuuuuure you were. Wanna fight about it?

21. Have to say
    4:34 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Cougars, very nice.

22. Jack
    4:38 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

So since the signing period ends Wednesday, does that mean montrezl is going to commit in the next two days. He has to right?

23. CATS
    4:45 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

According to @WildcatsRecruits, they have inside info that Harrell has already narrowed his list down to 2 schools in favor of UK.

24. jaws2
    4:46 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

2,1; 1,2; wouldn’t matter. I’d take Jefferson over Harrell for the long term route.

25. CATS
    4:47 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

#22 – I’ve heard the signing period deadline doesn’t actually mean anything. They can still sign after that if they want to. Kind of like the NCAA’s deadline to enter the NBA draft, doesn’t mean anything.

26. TrueBlue
    4:54 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Coach Luce should change his name to Coach Douche.

27. BCO
    4:55 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

At the UT home game I watched Davis stay at least a half hour after his post game interview and sign every signal thing the kids had and their must have been 150 kids wanting him to sign stuff. Even when UK people were tryin to usher him to the locker room, he stayed til everyone got an autograph.

So like the others said, take that crap elsewhere, Card fan. #23 is all class.

28. MJ4UK
    5:11 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

22, 25…You are correct about the signing period not meaning anything. Students can sign a financial aid agreement instead of a letter of intent. BK did this two years ago. They can sign this financial aid agreement up until the beginning of the fall semester

29. DreamWeaver
    5:19 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky feels the Josh Hopkins effect as Lexington turns into Cougar Town. I’d buy em a 5 dollar soda.

30. Real UK Fan
    6:29 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

#2, Lying is not a trait that most human beings strive for. My guess is you are either a ul or iu fan trying to discredit a UK player. Why not spend your time and effort doing something useful and honest, assuming you are capable of such a thing.

31. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    7:00 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

LOL, the best part of 2’s story is being mad that he wore an orange shirt. smh.

32. Holler Baller
    7:08 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

The girl on the left needs to re-trained, she is not doing it right, probably not a good shooter.

33. Eye Examiner
    11:55 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Cougars? those girls are 27. Get your head out of your a$$. I’ll take Harrell or Jefferson. Either would fill the defensive void left by TJ.

34. Dr. Phil
    12:43 am May 15, 2012 Permalink

27? Maybe a decade ago. Still gorgeous though.

35. 34 is right.
    2:08 am May 15, 2012 Permalink

33. You must be REALLY old. Those women are NOT in their 20’s. Possibly not even in their 30’s…

36. LooksLike
    5:55 am May 15, 2012 Permalink

Hmmmmm….They look to be about a 34B or maybe a 36. but I’m not sure since I lost my 3 goggle.

37. I really appreciate
    9:32 am May 15, 2012 Permalink

Ally Tucker taking the time to stalk a fake twitter account and update us on it. Does she have a life?