UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes and a Podcast

jorts-dad-fans
I’m having trouble uploading new photos so enjoy this picture of Doug Harrellson from the vault.

Happy Monday, dear friends of Big Blue Nation. I heard you were looking for afternoon notes and a podcast. Well, I got your afternoon notes and podcast right here.

Coach Cal met with the media today and KSR’s own Caroline Hall was in the building. She’ll be stopping by at 4:00 with notes from the day, as long as Alan Cutler or Dan Rieffer didn’t powerbomb her through a table. I won’t spoil it for you but Coach Cal made another Josh Harrellson reference. Stay tuned.

— Kentucky moved up a spot to No. 2 in the polls this week and the Cats received five first place votes in the AP. I see you, Rick Bozich!

— I don’t know the specifics of the situation in Sacramento, but Paul Westphal’s public statement about DeMarcus Cousins was way out of line. Yes, DeMarcus was even further out of line for supposedly demanding the trade, but a coach shouldn’t come out and throw his player under the bus like Westphal did. That’s an issue you keep in house. DeMarcus already has one of the worst reputations in the NBA and this story will only bring more negativity. The only bright spot is that Detroit and Washington have both expressed interest in trading for him. I already bought the domain rights to WizardsSportsRadio.com just in case.

— I’m watching hockey right now. When does it get interesting? Just fight already.

— 2012 power forward Amile Jefferson is down to five schools and Kentucky is in the mix. The 6-foot-8 Philadelphian is also considering NC State, Temple, Ohio State, and Villanova. Adam Zagoria and his mysterious “sources” believe Kentucky is in good position to get the commitment. Jefferson hasn’t set a timetable for when he’ll decide, but it’ll likely be in the spring.

— I stopped by the radio station for the last hour of today’s show. Tony Vanetti was modeling the Abercrombie collection. Enjoy.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes and a Podcast

1. JATR4
    3:58 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Boogie is his own worst enemy, much like John Daly.

2. nolablue
    4:04 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Here we go again. Blaming it all on Boogie.

Paul Westphal is a punk, and a year from now, Boogie will still be
    in the NBA, and Westphal will be looking for a job. Word.

3. C'mon Man
    4:04 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Here’s the specifics of the situation in Sacramento, this is the 712th time Cousins has been accused of childish, petulant behavior. I’m gonna play the percentages here and say he’s the one out of line. Coaches call out players for this type of behavior all the time; I have no issue whatsoever with the statement from his coach.

4. C'mon Man
    4:07 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

2- Westphal has been in and arounf the NBA for about 40 years, I think he’ll be fine. The reason people blame Boogie is because he seems to always be around when it hits the fan. Wrong place wrong time AGAIN, I guess.

5. Another Perspective
    4:09 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

From Boogie’s Twitter account:

“Got out the shower and my mother was in tears on the corner of my bed …she said she never thought that she would b living a dream the way she is and said she was so proud of me but not only for my success but the fact that I changed ppl lives and am a influence to ppl in positive way and at the end of the day that’s all that really matters.”

6. Another Perspective
    4:09 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Also from Boogie: “Dnt listen to everything u hear …smh glad to knw who the real fans are tho …thanks”

7. snl1960
    4:59 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

bOOGIE NEEDS A GO BETWEEN. translator. someone to fill him in on stuff…I could use a good job. Paul tell me what you want. me an boogie will get back to ya.

8. bleedblueky
    5:19 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Drew – “Tony Vanetti was modeling the Abercrombie collection” and wondering would you be able to post Tony’s photo for us please?

9. Tommy
    5:48 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Aggresivly, is a key word in that statement. Cuz might b my favorite of all time.