A few notes on what could potentially turn into one of the biggest news days in quite some time…
– As noted earlier, today is the day that Enes Kanter will state his case before the NCAA’s Appeals Board in a final effort to gain eligibility. That ruling could come as soon as this afternoon or possibly not until next week. But, we did find out courtesy of the Bylaw Blog that there have already been three rulings in the case, though only one was reported, and that, according to Jeff Goodman in an interview with KSTV, Kanter lost his inital appeal prior to UK submitting the new info. There was some speculation that UK submitted the new information in a preemptive move, but, according to Goodman, Kanter’s fate had already been determined. Confession: I wrote this before we got the video loaded. Just watch the video.
– Another day of strange twists in the recruitment of DeAndre Daniels. After a decision was expected today, reports now say that Daniels could wait until as late next week. It’s momentum that Daniels seemed to give credence to this morning when he told KU site The Shiver that “honestly, I don’t know” when he would choose a school. There’s even some talk building that Kansas might not be such a lock. And so, we wait.
– Before disappearing to the abyss of an SEC suspension, Bruce Pearl had some advice for his team, which was fresh off of a beatdown of Memphis. Pearl told the guys to “not to get too excited about a win over a Conference USA team”. Man is he lucky that wasn’t Southern Miss. They’d have to dance that off.
– The formidable frontcourt duo that is Perry Stevenson and Jared Carter will be back in the Bluegrass tonight as their Rochester RazorSharks take on the Bluegrass Stallions. They combined for eight points in their debut.
– In other Turkish news, Fenerbahce released Diana Taurasi from her contract after testing positive for a banned substance (estrogen?). They still remain the most hated team on the planet.
– Finally, in case you missed it this morning, here’s the podcast of Kentucky Sports Radio. Seth Davis stopped by for a great interview that included shout-outs to John Clay and Jerry Tipton and Big EZ returned to the studio. Listen below.