Hello there! I heard you were looking for some afternoon notes. No? Well, here they are anyway. Enjoy!
– We’ll lead off with a bit of sad news today as former UK star Derrick Millar was sentenced to 3 years in prison after pleading guilty to theft by deception. Millar, whose named was misspelled as “Miller” during his time at UK, was sentenced yesterday in Fleming County and has been charged with similar offenses in at least 10 other counties. Millar must pay a restitution and was sentenced to three years on each count, to be served concurrently.
– West Jessamine’s Jarrod Polson will announce his college decision in 45 minutes in a historic “Give me Liberty, or give me lots of free Nike gear and no playing time” decision. Polson will decide between a preferred walk-on spot at UK and a scholarship to Liberty. This could be the first of many heated recruiting battles between John Calipari and Dale Layer. Or not.
– Last night, while you were watching Erin Andrews and/or the 2010 WWE Draft, UK student athletes got all dressed up in their Sunday best for the 2010 CATSPY Awards, hosted by ESPN’s Jay Crawford. John Wall took home the K-Association Male Athlete of the Year (shocking) while Randall Cobb and Patrick Patterson shared the Mr. Wildcat honors. Check out all of the last night’s winners here. I wonder if they played the 2009 tribute video montage?
– I have some HUGE news regarding next basketball season! But, I’m not going to tell you. You’ll have to decipher it: “$%FK @XMRGHH $4 [email protected]& (3 FCV!4 : P!” For the next clue you’ll have to steal the Declaration of Independence and kidnap President Todd. Good luck!
– It may not mean nothin’ to y’all, but understand that Drake will be performing tonight in Lexington at Memorial Coliseum. I’d suggest going to possibly meet Drake in the lobby, but he’s gotta watch his back ‘cuz he’s not just anybody.
– Mark Krebs made the SEC Academic Honor Roll and you better believe his report card is going on the KSR fridge. The 09-10 SEC winter honor roll included 392 student athletes with a GPA of 3.0 or better. Kentucky had 41 athletes on the list. Go Studious Cats.
– Jon Hood just tweeted that he is headed to China for a Christian outreach basketball trip with Jorts, Peyton Siva, Skylar McBee, and Steffphon Pettigrew. I don’t know any details on this fantastic voyage, but if it’s true, that is one awesome plane ride.
– I need a job. [email protected] Thank you.
That’s all for now. See you tonight.